As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Phalla] draws near! Day 8▶Boing!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I do not remember this at all. I'm guessing I have Nintendo censorship to thank for that? I haven't played any of these games off of a Nintendo device.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Is this game based on a specific game in the series?

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I have been summoned from hyper-dimensional space!

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Fools are supposed to be able to class change to Sages after Level 20, but I'm closer to double that and I still haven't been able to. Guess I gotta find that 'Book of Satori' after all...

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Is this game based on a specific game in the series?
    That was my plan, depending on signups.
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Fools are supposed to be able to class change to Sages after Level 20, but I'm closer to double that and I still haven't been able to. Guess I gotta find that 'Book of Satori' after all...

I never finished DWIII because I ended up grinding for extra books of Satori and they never dropped.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Spell

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oh no, a Dragonquest Phalla to persuade me into buying the game when i'm still working on Ys and Fire Emblem.

Sign

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Suspicious.

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I'll sign up

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    I'll sign up

I think this is gonna be the first phalla you and I are in since we got married August 2018!! I look forward to this!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Going to be real awkward when one of you betrays the other.

The Phalla Way!

There is nothing better than meeting someone you are playing a forum mafia game with casually bringing up the game judging the response and realizing that they are mafia. Carry on the conversation, forcing yourself to keep a straightface because you can't let them know that you know, then the moment they aren't looking start sending some pms to campaign for their death. I felt like Sherlock Holmes although without the drugs.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    *Trumpet Fanfare*

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Are we still doing this Phalla thing?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Yep we are going to start on Monday!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Well I'm excited to screw this up horribly :)

Steam
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Reserve

((Feel free to bump me up if numbers are needed))

Cythraul wrote: »
    Are we still doing this Phalla thing?
    Im only doing it ironically at this point :|

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !Bedlam

Roles will be slowly going out soon (Depending on how many times I can trigger the spam filter on myself). Please save game related discussion until the opening post comes out. New information will be posted to the OP.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Opening Narration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWJHaWt2DE

The peace of the realm has been shattered. Monsters are roaming the wilderness, attacking travelers and towns. King Lorik’s daughter has been taken hostage. The King has promised that the one who proves they are descended from Erdrik will be given his daughter’s hand in marriage and the kingdom itself. The proof he is currently looking for includes rounding up and slaying every dragon in sight. And burn down that castle across the street, its giving him the willies.

PMs are out, you may commence! See the OP for more about exploring and the Order of Operations. The day will close at 3pm Eastern tomorrow, so you have about 2.5+24 Hours.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    **chime**

- Romantic Undead defeats Slime
    - Romantic Undead get 2 xp
    - Romantic Undead get "Role PM"
    - Level UP!

**trumpets**

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    **chime**

- Romantic Undead defeats Slime
    - Romantic Undead get 2 xp
    - Romantic Undead get "Role PM"
    - Level UP!

**trumpets**

Bluecyan is scared!

Bluecyan runs away

**sound of moving feet**

Bluecyan on
    I'm a level 15 Vice President!

Steam
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I am a cat

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Dragon Quest is the first RPG I ever played. It completely changed what I thought a video game could be.

Now to decide whether to do some spelunking or some urban exploration.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I am a cat

Bluecyan is worried he feel into a time/space vortex and ended up in a different game on a different system!
    Cythraul wrote: »
    I'm a level 15 Vice President!

Bluecyan feels emboldened by this and is no longer worried about the time/space continuum.

Bluecyan is psyched!

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Time to punch some slimes, I guess?

> El Skid punches the slime for 0 damage!

.... Well this is awkward.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I see only one course of action here.
    Everyone into The grave
    Let's go let's go let's go

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Also Obifett

In an effort to know what locations have requirements in order to search them, everyone should spread out and check as many as we can night 1. Probably not a great idea to announce where you're heading, but rather discuss results tomorrow.

Failing that, yeah get in the grave.

Steam
    Nothing says fun like everyone into the grave day 1 right?? :D

Steam
    El Skid wrote: »
    Time to punch some slimes, I guess?

> El Skid punches the slime for 0 damage!

.... Well this is awkward.

Bluecyan likes this post.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    Dragon Quest is the first RPG I ever played. It completely changed what I thought a video game could be.

This is where I might get into a bit of trouble...

My first RPG was... Ultima Exodus on the NES

My parents bought it for me for Christmas thinking it was Dragon Warrior but they were... very wrong.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Mamawolf jumps for joy and runs in circles Been a while, but I think this will be fun!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Also, I think my first RPG experience was Legend of Zelda and FF

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I remember playing the first Dragon Warrior, and not having the attention span needed to grind after a certain amount of time. So, never actually beat that game.

Also, was going to fire off a vote on Disc for the standard Obi wagon, but then I realized that Disc has been Day 1'ed more than anyone I can think of at this point, so that'd be wrong.

premium

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »

This is where I might get into a bit of trouble...

My first RPG was... Ultima Exodus on the NES

My parents bought it for me for Christmas thinking it was Dragon Warrior but they were... very wrong.
    I'm pretty sure I got Dragon Quest when it was offered for free as a promotion to subscribe to Nintendo Power. I think I'm not making that up. I bought and played one Ultima game when I was a kid and I had no idea what was happening or what I was supposed to do so I never tried again.

Anyhow, cemetaries are spooky so I will most definitely not be going to the Grave, thank you very much.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I just remember killing droves of Gold Golems. Their only crime was being made of gold. Seems like a rough deal.

premium

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453