As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh I do that

They cover the yard 3 feet deep though

Use a leaf blower to shift them all into your neighbours yard.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The cottonwood tree behind me was dropping it's leaves earlier this month but none of the other trees look like they are going to drop leaves or turn. As for years most of the trees drop their leaves like rain when the temp drops
    it's a thing of awe when it happens

Other than that it's been in the mid to low 80's aka 26-28C here so it's still in the grips of summer but it feels like an early fall at night. I do fear it's going to be a warm wet winter this year {it rained most of winter last year}

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's finally cooling off here slightly at night. Monday and Tuesday will be in the upper 60s (~20C) which is down from the mid-to-high 70s (~25C).

sig.gif
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Autumn weather here in Germany is super punctual this year, how cliché.
    Yesterday sunny and 27°C, today 19°C and overcast/rainy

honovere on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's ninety here today

The daily average high over the past like forty years is seventy degrees

I almost took my air conditioners out a week ago!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Over 92 here and yep, about 20 degrees above average

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    It's not even 9am and already 83 with 75% humidity. I need to find a job on the mainland so I can escape this BS.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Looking at temps in the low to mid-80s for my corner of LA county this week. Inland and in The Valley 100°+ isn't out of the question.

And we've got a case of mild Santa Ana winds developing tonight through Wednesday so hey, maybe we'll have a fire too! Haha, yeah, good times.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to see a tornado formation, this was from today, right near Davis, CA.

May technically not be a full tornado (or like an F0/F1 if so) but we don't get that shit around here.

Which, of course, means people were SUPER STUPID around it.

... And in apparent "small world" stuff, turns out the guy who writes the CA weather blog I follow was college friends with a girl I briefly dated and am still Facebook friends with. She lives close enough she posted video, and he commented on it. Always super weird when you find connections like that.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it snowed today.
    after being 90f (32c) two days ago.

okay, sure.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    First frost of the fall (and snow in mountains) arrives in Oregon today.

Dirtyboy on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Weather's been a changing.

So that means it's time for my allergies to kick into high gear.

I've been stuffy for days

Finally broke down and bought some nasal spray so I can breath through my nose again.

Gonna be near 100 next week

In October

Something something hoax something

Xaquin wrote: »
    Gonna be near 100 next week

In October

Something something hoax something

Yeah its supposed to be in the 90s here tomorrow and Tuesday despite the cool weather the past few days.

But it's supposed to cool off after Wednesday I think.

My sinuses suck.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Today its suppose to be in the mid 90's.

This morning leaving home my area was at 100% humidity. Its was wild. it was like driving through really wet fog but with no fog. My windshield and windows on my car were just getting wet as I drove. Tomorrow is suppose to be similar. F this.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    It's currently 55°F as I leave for work, which is the lowest temperature I've seen since summer started, for sure.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    1cn9hyzwmvpn.png

Nice.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    It's going to be the mid 70's to high 60's then back to the high 70's over the next 10 days
    I really forsee it's going to be a warm winter here

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I am not looking forward to the grey, rainy, damp, muddy bullshit of our winters but fuck me its October 2nd and still like, 33°C/98°F here.

I'm sweating through everything. I'm constantly walking around with a soaking back.

I hate this.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    seattle finally has a chill going which means it is time for me to transition into Mr. Autumn Man

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    What does that imply?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    His leaves will turn bright festive colors and fall off to expose his bark

Hot

or should I say

Cool

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I can finally get back into my comfy cardigans, I love autumn

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    and scarves!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Ah yes, "scarves"...

Children's rights are human rights.
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It was 90's and raining in NYC today. Here in Oregon it was a roasting 58.

It is 11 degrees C/ I-don't-give-a degrees F right now.

It is also s-s-snuuuu? raining ice crystals in my province, so I guess summer is over, at least for now.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    93 in Columbus

What the fuck man

93 in Columbus

What the fuck man

It is down to 61 in toledo now.

Feels nice.

the sad thing was how a good chunk of the summer here was in the high 90's to low 100's with no humidity when it got to the low 80's last week it was comfortable it's 76 right now and it's nice

93 in Columbus

What the fuck man

Worry not, friend.

Winter is coming.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Snuck in a lawn mowing today before the rain rolls in. I'm probably down to only one or two mows left in the year. Woohoo!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The weather channel had a video up on their site entitled "When will your first Freeze day arrive?"

For Florida, it just laughed.

sig.gif
    Weather thread, with the onset of Autumn I would like to purchase a nice, heavy blanket for my bed. Do you have any favorite brands?

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Elaro wrote: »
    93 in Columbus

What the fuck man

Worry not, friend.

Winter is coming.

*Steps outside and the top layer of my skin burns off*

I see no evidence to support this claim.

Juggernut on
    Baidol wrote: »
    Weather thread, with the onset of Autumn I would like to purchase a nice, heavy blanket for my bed. Do you have any favorite brands?

My aunt got me an Eddie Bower blanket when I was in the 8th grade. I still have it and it's still in good shape and comfy as heck. It's 26 years old now.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've never thought of blankets as having brands. I've always just sort of acquired blankets I guess.

edited October 2019
    Blankets are useless

I need only a single flat sheet

If it is too cold to sleep without something heavier something has went very wrong.

But then, I am like a miniature nuclear power plant when I sleep.

I can and have legit slept in a like... ~40 some degree room with just an old tattered flat sheet before. Was actually pretty comfy.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If today's weather occurred where i grew up, it would be mid-winter. I guess last weekend really was the last hurrah for anything resembling warm weather.

Time to hunker down and maybe consider shutting the apartment windows.

This discussion has been closed.