As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Captain Traunt or General Traunt?

General

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Will it restore all my shit that disappeared?

And nerfing Moze right after talking about under performing action skills is a terrible joke. Iron Bear is trash after level 30.

Will it restore all my shit that disappeared?

And nerfing Moze right after talking about under performing action skills is a terrible joke. Iron Bear is trash after level 30.

No they'll just give you a bunch of gold keys.
    In regard to the pets and Iron bear its clear now they dont want actual buffs to either.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Game beaten.

Now do I restart with Amara or press on in TVHM with Zane? Hmm.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Game beaten.

Last I heard a bunch of Zane's skills are just flat out broken as in not working.

Also, punching is super cool.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Game beaten.

Last I heard a bunch of Zane's skills are just flat out broken as in not working.

Also, punchingmelting fools with all the elements is super cool.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Game beaten.

So are a lot of Amara's. A lot of the Mystical whatever tree flat out doesn't do anything.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Game beaten.

So are a lot of Amara's. A lot of the Mystical whatever tree flat out doesn't do anything.

I had also heard that. The blue mystical tree doesn't involve punching people so really I kinda forgot it existed.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Game beaten.

I had also heard that. The blue mystical tree doesn't involve punching people so really I kinda forgot it existed.

seems like a lot of the kill skills are the ones that either are not working or not reliably firing off so zane and amaras kill skill tree would be the ones effected.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    You can get Troy to suicide during his boss fight by just jumping into the water when he winds up his charge attack. This is perfect, fuck that fight forever.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Game beaten.

seems like a lot of the kill skills are the ones that either are not working or not reliably firing off so zane and amaras kill skill tree would be the ones effected.

Amara's kill skills work for a time, but then they just turn off. You can notice this most with her on kill orb skill when the orbs just stop showing up. Its kind of a head scratcher how that bug has remained as long as it has.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Anyone else have problems with ingame voice chat? Mine are thus:
    1. Chat drops out mid sentence frequently. This is happening on the client, as my wife and I are in the same room and get different drops. (So not like a volume issue) This probably happens in 50% of messages over 5 seconds.
    2. On my wife's laptop, BL3 seizes the mic, preventing her from using any other chat
    3. There is no way to turn this broken shit off.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    You can get Troy to suicide during his boss fight by just jumping into the water when he winds up his charge attack. This is perfect, fuck that fight forever.

There is some weird thing with charge attacks that makes enemies disappear.

Happened a few times with big varkids.

Troy fight wasn't that difficult for me. Strafe and jump.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Welp, there goes my favorite build.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Welp, there goes my favorite build.

Eh they will fix it a few years from now after they are done nerfing everyone’s favorite boss/chest farms.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Dollars lost tonight from killing myself with the Handsome Jack SMG that showers electricity when you reload: $3 million.

They really should look at the way self-damage works with elemental damage. If you play a Fist of the Elements Amara, basically any of your own elemental attacks that so much as touch you will DoT you to death. Reduce it by 50% or something so we don't get locked out of using a bunch of weapons.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    Tested it and Moze infinite grenade build still works, you just have to slow down a little and with a Hex grenade you still regen back to full (so long as you only throw grenades every 2 seconds)
    they didn't break the build so much as made it more tedious.

Fl4k however is not feeling very fun at all right now. guess I need to find a bunch of annointed gear for him and try a rakk build.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    No DLC vault hunters sounds like a big pile of doodoo, considering the massive popularity of Gaige and Krieg.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Killed Rampager and finally got my first legendary, two actually. Didn't get a chance to fight with them but shooting them in Sanctuary looks like a Torgue shotgun that shoots saw blades and a Maliwan shotty that fires a giant exploding shock ball.

They could still add more but
    1) people would complain about microtransactions
    2) they really put in a lot of work in the trees for each character
    3) legendary class mods allow for a lot of versatility

I think they could keep new VH ideas for BL4.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

I am anti new vault hunters. I want them to fix the four we have and put out quality DLC.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

2 and 3 were true of BL2 and TPS, and they still added two characters to their respective rosters.

And 1 would not happen. This is an established and accepted part of monetization for the series. New characters are what a lot of people, myself included, look forward to most in post-launch support.

For fuck's sake I just got hit by the bank bug. Come the fuck on.

Good part about playing characters till one of them “clicks” with me is that I have nothing max level and the bug can’t hurt me !

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I picked up The Transformer shield..
    Katagawa Jrs fight is a breeze now. Shields down? Smack a generator! Full shields!
    Seems like it would work well with the Handsome Jack SMG mentioned by @Spaffy (electric damage taken is 100% converted to shields recharge.)

I have too many level 38-40 legendaries.
    At one point Katagawa lootsploded 4 Legends and a Blue. (Mayhem 3)

Also picked up the Unreal Tournament lightning sniper that shoots plasma balls you can alt fire shoot to make explode. ..the alt fire is a bit buggy though and sometimes stops hitting anything at all, plasma ball included. (It's also an Anointed Operative weapon that does extra stuff when my drone is active)

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My God that is an anemic set of patch notes. I get they wanted to move the bank fix out as soon as possible but after this much time those were the only other fixes they had ready to go? I guess I am mad because I played through the game, up to level 43 by the time I finished it, as a mystic Amara and it turns out I was gimping myself the whole time. Now I either can't play that character, because no way can I do mayhem when half my skills don't work, or switch to a completely different play style. I guess compared to the last multiplayer game I bought day 1, Anthem, this game is in a much better place but this is still super annoying.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Dac wrote: »

2 and 3 were true of BL2 and TPS, and they still added two characters to their respective rosters.

And 1 would not happen. This is an established and accepted part of monetization for the series. New characters are what a lot of people, myself included, look forward to most in post-launch support.

What I wanted to say is that each character has 3 action skills. More complexity featured in each tree this time.

And legendary class mods in BL3 have special effects beyond the stat boosts featured in the ones BL2/TPS.

Would be nice seeing more VHs. But right now it doesn't seem part of the plan.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    They should not introduce any new VH until the ones they have work 100%.

Half of Zane’s skills do literally nothing, and I understand an entire Amara tree also doesn’t work.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    No DLC vault hunters sounds like a big pile of doodoo, considering the massive popularity of Gaige and Krieg.

They apparaently have said numerous times nobody really used them though?

edited October 2019
    I want to do a Sub-Zero build for Zane. Found a relic that shoots an ice missile.

Sadly, it's on a slam relic.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

That’s because 90% of everyone played salvador/zero in bl2. Krieg was immensely popular Gaige was a little more niche since she was designed to be a handicap character and ended up being this super weird super unique thing . She also had a blue tree that was absolutely worthless so that’s something she has in common with the new people.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

What I wanted to say is that each character has 3 action skills. More complexity featured in each tree this time.

And legendary class mods in BL3 have special effects beyond the stat boosts featured in the ones BL2/TPS.

Would be nice seeing more VHs. But right now it doesn't seem part of the plan.

It all comes down to taste and I haven't hit endgame. I've played all 4 classes and so far the only action skills I like are FL4K Fade (which is getting wrecked) and Amara's Phasegrasp. I'm currently level 15 on Zane and 11 on Moze and am fairly sure I have no interest in what they have to offer vis a vis action skills. I'll still run them up just because but the funnest skill for me was fade and that got wrecked. Next up is phasegrasp which is dime store Maya. Luckily the actual gameplay is awesome but it is really about guns and gear. Your "build" is probably a joke by comparison.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    furlion wrote: »
    My God that is an anemic set of patch notes. I get they wanted to move the bank fix out as soon as possible but after this much time those were the only other fixes they had ready to go? I guess I am mad because I played through the game, up to level 43 by the time I finished it, as a mystic Amara and it turns out I was gimping myself the whole time. Now I either can't play that character, because no way can I do mayhem when half my skills don't work, or switch to a completely different play style. I guess compared to the last multiplayer game I bought day 1, Anthem, this game is in a much better place but this is still super annoying.

Respeccing is cheap and you're not tied to your gear until you're 50. But I get it, since I lost an entirely full bank of leveling gear and legendaries.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The patch today seems to have borked stuff. I got a legendary, it showed up as 2 different guns in my inventory. I sold one, both disappeared. I got another one, its suppose to be a elemental lazer, it shots normal bullets....

How in the hell do you beat The Slaughter Shaft? It just throws tons of badass CoV guys with rocket launchers and I melt into nothing.

Dollars lost tonight from killing myself with the Handsome Jack SMG that showers electricity when you reload: $3 million.

They really should look at the way self-damage works with elemental damage. If you play a Fist of the Elements Amara, basically any of your own elemental attacks that so much as touch you will DoT you to death. Reduce it by 50% or something so we don't get locked out of using a bunch of weapons.

Ha, yeah. I don't think I'm exaggerating to say about half of my deaths as Amara were from irradiating myself. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Yeah people loved the concepts of them and I see a ton of Gaige fan art, but I never ran across anyone who played her.

Anyway I'd rather they fix the issues we have now. Datamining has shown Amara and Zane have a bunch of broken stuff, Zane moreso, as Moze I feel like my mech is garbage, and I hear that at higher levels Flack's pets do really bad damage

How in the hell do you beat The Slaughter Shaft? It just throws tons of badass CoV guys with rocket launchers and I melt into nothing.

You have to kind of corner camp and use high damage fire and forget abilities. Like I used a lot of amaras phase grasp that would aoe on other mobs and just burned as fast as I could. Otherwise do a group.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    No one who played Gaige? I played a couple Gaiges. There was a while there when it was Gaiges all the way down - everyone seemed to be running her.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.