As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Speedruners used Gaige I took her and krieg to op8 ( when that was the endgame ) Gaige I did mostly solo krieg I needed help every step of the way , dp was super hard for him.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I played Gaige! Anarchy Gaige was disgusting

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Personal experience, but it was difficult to find a game that didn't have at least one Gaige or Krieg.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    No one who played Gaige? I played a couple Gaiges. There was a while there when it was Gaiges all the way down - everyone seemed to be running her.

I loved Gaige early on but once you hit TVHM her minion suffered from a combination of horrible ai and an obvious inability to scale for the hardest content. That said, I'm not Gaige expert. I was pretty much Maya all the way in UVHM. I heard Sal was the way to go but I was already all in.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    They could still add more but
    1) people would complain about microtransactions
    2) they really put in a lot of work in the trees for each character
    3) legendary class mods allow for a lot of versatility

I think they could keep new VH ideas for BL4.

2 and 3 were true of BL2 and TPS, and they still added two characters to their respective rosters.

And 1 would not happen. This is an established and accepted part of monetization for the series. New characters are what a lot of people, myself included, look forward to most in post-launch support.

What I wanted to say is that each character has 3 action skills. More complexity featured in each tree this time.

And legendary class mods in BL3 have special effects beyond the stat boosts featured in the ones BL2/TPS.

Would be nice seeing more VHs. But right now it doesn't seem part of the plan.

It all comes down to taste and I haven't hit endgame. I've played all 4 classes and so far the only action skills I like are FL4K Fade (which is getting wrecked) and Amara's Phasegrasp. I'm currently level 15 on Zane and 11 on Moze and am fairly sure I have no interest in what they have to offer vis a vis action skills. I'll still run them up just because but the funnest skill for me was fade and that got wrecked. Next up is phasegrasp which is dime store Maya. Luckily the actual gameplay is awesome but it is really about guns and gear. Your "build" is probably a joke by comparison.

I haven't hit cap but Amara's blue skill (phase rush?) is boss as a nuke. Swapped to a full phase grasp/red build at Rampager to try something new, probably going to stay red but swap back to rush

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I knew I recognized some Team Four Star voices in the game. Deffo heard some Nappa from a few bandits

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I played Gaige! Anarchy Gaige was disgusting

Anarchy Gaige was the first time since BL1 Lilith where I thought a character was ridiculously OP (but fun).

s7Imn5J.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Offline mode's +900% XP made going from 41-50 a lot more tolerable than 36-41 was.
    Graveward just keeps kicking my butt, so I spent my time with Chupa..whatever on Maya's planet, and killing badasses in the brewery.

I should check the list of Zane's skills that do nothing and make sure I haven't maxed out all of them.. because that's a thing I bet I'd do.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I levelled 40-50 in the survival proving ground. Didn't take too long and it drops decentish loot too. My favourite BL3 moment was reaching level 50 by killing the skag at the end of the run and it dropping a fire flakker, literally the best gun possible for an explosive moze build.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    No one who played Gaige? I played a couple Gaiges. There was a while there when it was Gaiges all the way down - everyone seemed to be running her.

I did Axton to 50, Salvador to 55, then Gaige to 55. When the last DLC came out I did Gaige to 80 OP 10.

Salvador and Zer0/B0re were great for boss farming. Gaige was great for just doing zany stuff.

• Absurdity MatrixAbsurdity Matrix Tumbledown Glory On the OutskirtsRegistered User regular
    In BL2, I only played as one vault hunter until I learned I could edit save files. I just didn't want to play the game twice over with each character before I could get to the good stuff. The raised level caps from later DLCs, while awesome, also made this barrier more daunting.

And that's too bad! My friend and I had a lot of fun once we could play around with different characters and explore those pairing synergies. In BL3's favor, there's now a lot more flexibility in each vault hunter's action skill, and, if I understand correctly, a single playthrough is enough to reach max level. That goes a long way, but I'd still like some option that makes starting a new character less of a grind.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    As Red-tree Amara, I'm finding my favorite guns are non-Maliwan elemental weapons. My action skill is fire, so if the weapon is electric/ice/toxic I can get 2 elemental DOTs/effects going. Typically go for Dahl, but I have COV, Vladof, and Hyperion faves too. I've never liked the slow bullet speed on Torque, and I mess up with Tediore reloads too much, so I don't get much play with them. Jakobs just never seems to have elemental guns.

Has anyone ever made Launchers good? They don't do much better damage than other types of weapons, usually have small clips, and your ammo stock is tiny. They should make ammo even more scarce and up the damage to compensate. I restarted a Brick in BL1 because launchers were bad there, it's disappointing they're basically in the same place now.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I picked up The Transformer shield..
    Katagawa Jrs fight is a breeze now. Shields down? Smack a generator! Full shields!
    Seems like it would work well with the Handsome Jack SMG mentioned by @Spaffy (electric damage taken is 100% converted to shields recharge.)

I have too many level 38-40 legendaries.
    At one point Katagawa lootsploded 4 Legends and a Blue. (Mayhem 3)

Also picked up the Unreal Tournament lightning sniper that shoots plasma balls you can alt fire shoot to make explode. ..the alt fire is a bit buggy though and sometimes stops hitting anything at all, plasma ball included. (It's also an Anointed Operative weapon that does extra stuff when my drone is active)

Oh shit you're a genius

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Has anyone ever made Launchers good? They don't do much better damage than other types of weapons, usually have small clips, and your ammo stock is tiny. They should make ammo even more scarce and up the damage to compensate. I restarted a Brick in BL1 because launchers were bad there, it's disappointing they're basically in the same place now.

I pretty much stick to Vladof launchers with the Big Boy rocket.

I got lucky and got a Jericho and a Tunguska but both are meh. Tunguska has a hard time hitting Tinks.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I spent the morning reloading because I kept getting a combination of -100 percent gun damage modifiers. My favorite so far was getting normal bullets and Sniper rifle and bullet reflect

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Hello Boys and Girls. Longtime Destiny player, looking to learn BL3. If anyone feels like showing me the post story mode ropes please

Trojan35 on
    Just wrapped up TVHM - is TVHM Mayhem different from regular Mayhem in terms of difficulty?

Also, just got myself a Brainstormer shotty, which as a Fist Amara is just... *chef kiss*.

Shots have a chance to trigger a very strong lightning arc between nearby enemies, of which there are many because I run singularity which pulls all nearby enemies towards Phasegrasp.

On top of all the AoE elemental damage spreading everywhere and my Phasegrasp also linking damage to nearby enemies, it’s not uncommon for me to take out an entire room with a single shot.

edited October 2019
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    Hello Boys and Girls. Longtime Destiny player, looking to learn BL3. If anyone feels like showing me the post story mode ropes please halp. Trojan Hegemony on xb.

Theres not much post game yet. There's free events coming a Halloween event then one called Maliwan take down and the first dlc is out before the end of the year in there somewhere there's a raid boss

King Riptor on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    How hard would it be for me to solo the 3 proving grounds and 2 circles at level 45 in the first play through? No mayhem. I want to do them on multiplayer but that seems impossible given the matchmaking sucks ass.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Hmm maliwan shotguns and smgs still feel good . Half a second of charge and then it goes full auto. In other news having fun with Zane . He feels real good when he has both the drone and decoy out .

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hmm maliwan shotguns and smgs still feel good . Half a second of charge and then it goes full auto. In other news having fun with Zane . He feels real good when he has both the drone and decoy out .

I think I'm going to play around with Zane a bit today. But with Shield. I've been underawed by drone and decoy. That said I'm like level 17. I'm taking my time with BL3 running up everyone bit by bit because I figure actual end game is a fair bit off. Current state of affairs is that I needed to bring in outside help to beat Katagawa Ball. This is what lead to a switch to survival build.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    edited October 2019
    Zane's digiclone gets good with the boost from the grenade buff. But it takes a while to get there.

Drone is efficient with cryo rounds.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    d4dGZon.jpg

Scored these today. Both look pretty nice. :)

One of the illustrations at the end credits shows the VHs...
    ... eating at the burger joint in Promethea.

Yikes.

I wonder if ratch are at least high in fiber.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

I swear the vast majority my deaths are from being grenade spammed from multiple angles . Drives me mad.

My lost loot thing gave me a speed loading hellwaker. This thing is just the doom shotgun isn’t it? Kinda cool.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I pretty much stick to Vladof launchers with the Big Boy rocket.

I got lucky and got a Jericho and a Tunguska but both are meh. Tunguska has a hard time hitting Tinks.

I really like Atlas launchers that fire multiple rockets per shot. I have one that shoots five rockets per one ammo. The spread is pretty bad, but it's Atlas, so tag an enemy with the tracking puck / dart / whatever and all the rockets jusy home in. On an explosive Moze, you get a chance on each of those rockets to get a shot back in the magazine.

Shreds high health targets pretty good on my Moze.

Katagawa Jr is so stingy compared to other bosses. I've killed him 8 times in a row, first two times one legendary each. Next six, zip, zilch, nada. And it's such a tedious and unfun fight.

I don't understand how game devs haven't figured out that bosses with many immune phases and constant teleporting aren't fun.

Heffling wrote: »
    Katagawa Jr is so stingy compared to other bosses. I've killed him 8 times in a row, first two times one legendary each. Next six, zip, zilch, nada. And it's such a tedious and unfun fight.

I don't understand how game devs haven't figured out that bosses with many immune phases and constant teleporting aren't fun.

He's easier if you just do the following
    Get a Transformer you are now basically invincible
    Hit all the water pipes
    Never move from the main platform this allows you to see the three generators he'll spawn clones from and you can hit them before he does
    Radiation is better than shock in this fight

Also Amara can one shot him with phase grip apparently

Hit all the water pipes
    Never move from the main platform this allows you to see the three generators he'll spawn clones from and you can hit them before he does

I lost my Transformer when my bank poofed. I've found that he takes huge damage when he loses his shield after a clone phase, so I just let him clone then knock his shields off with a shock gun. I tried my radiation Lyuda but like every other gun it basically did nothing to his hp after his shields dropped.

Also, I'm playing as Moze. I'm trying to get the explosives legendary class mod. I'm trying the infinite nades build right now, and am seriously thinking of going back to my shield build because I don't have either the mod or a Hex, and the build is underwhelming.

Thanks for the tips!

He doesnt really have a lot of HP its just that the clones die very fast. Ive had really quick fights where I got him stuck in the phase where he jumps and throws those smoke grenades. If you disrupt his pattern the AI gets really confused until his sheild resets

edited October 2019
    This a cool combo for farming the Eden-6 boss: https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/ddxsic/this_combo_is_pretty_good/
    NoSkeetOnFeet :

Basically gun whose bullets have a very slow travel time, so you can switch to a gun witch has a crit multiplier and the bullets from the first gun get the extra crit percentage.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

Oh sorta like the old Flakker trick

Wow Veronica is kind of awful to Claptrap huh?

Like you don't have to date the guy but you could say thanks at least

Hit all the water pipes

Amara can what now? I phasegrip him all the time and this fight takes me forever

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    And the thing is “higher chance for class mods” seems to be really, really low. Maybe they added like 2%?

It’s still better to go after whatever boss you can down the quickest.

I gave up on P&T or Kata Jr, and went back to Traunt farming. Got way more loot that way.

Of course, my BEST farm is Jabbermogwai.

Step 0.5: Play offline, or don’t I’m not a cop.

Step 1: Be Moze with “infinite” grenades

Step 2: Have a cryo hex grenade.

Step 3: Stand on the ledge off to the side, and slowly throw grenades into them until you get bored.

Step 4: Max the hunter tree with guardian tokens, if you’re fancy.

I last about 3-4 minutes before I have to go sift through the blanket of loot all over the swamp for the 10ish legendaries.

This would probably work with a cryo Crossroad or some other "spray bullets" gun too.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Reached level 48. So close to 50.

Digiclone with E-Gone laser triggers the special effect if you use the gun too. So many DoTs.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

So thinking about it , I think the Truant brothers are the best borderlands style antagonist in 3 . Kinda wish they appeared more .TRRRUUUANT! Zane is up to 43 hopefully I will max him out sometime this week and then just go hunting for weapons and stuff I may have missed .