As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Back

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    where does gas station fried chicken rank

i say very high
    sometimes I get gas station boiled peanuts

i am jealous of your gas stations

Also does anyone else know folks who dump salted peanuts in a bottle of coke? I have a friend who is adamant that its a thing loads of people do and Im adamant that he is full of shit

My parents do this. (They both grew up on farms in North Carolina) I'll do it sometimes. Preferably glass bottle Coke, drink a little, dump a gas station packet of Lance peanuts in there, snack and drive, salty Coke. It's roots are sorta from the same ideas as salted watermelon/apples etc. It's fuckin hot and you're outside and need salt, and no one has invented Gatorade yet.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

i say very high

Also does anyone else know folks who dump salted peanuts in a bottle of coke? I have a friend who is adamant that its a thing loads of people do and Im adamant that he is full of shit

I would not say it's common but its definitely a thing. I think more amongst the older crowd than anything. Like 60's+.

Like a Brown Cow, which is Coca-Cola and milk. My grandma used to make it.

Wait no, for some reason this isn't ok though. Also I'll try this with soy milk and report back, but I'm not hopeful.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The mcrib was never that good IMO

• RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    A small pack of peanuts in a Coke can be pretty refreshing.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    MCRIIIIIIIIB

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the mcrib has been one of my biggest letdowns when it comes to something not living up to its hype

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

i say very high

I would not say it's common but its definitely a thing. I think more amongst the older crowd than anything. Like 60's+.

Wait no, for some reason this isn't ok though. Also I'll try this with soy milk and report back, but I'm not hopeful.

Same concept as a Coke Float, really. Just a little less vanilla

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Look, y'all...just...

Look, just come over to my house and I'll smoke y'all some actual ribs, ok?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Look, y'all...just...

No, I want a MCRIB

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

i say very high

Same concept as a Coke Float, really. Just a little less vanilla

I haven't had one since I was a wee Juggs so I can't really remember if they were good or not. I imagine if you had a glass bottle Mexican coke with the cane sugar and whole or raw milk it would be way better. Probably closer to what it would've tasted like back in the 60's or whatever.

I don't really drink soda anymore but I'll occasionally have a Mexican Coke because it's about the best thing ever on a hot day. Last time I tried whatever it is they're putting in the plastic bottles I got about 1 swig in and called it quits. Shit tasted like syrup and antifreeze.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Look, y'all...just...

will you remove the bones and cover them in weird, bad bbq sauce and slivered onions on a cheap bun and then add pickles and then remove the pickles because pickles are yucky?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    McRib is free healthcare steroids like most fast food so it's cool

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    As a former McDonald's employee, McRib is a nightmare. the sauce has to stay on the line and it gets everywhere. Weeks ago its gone, you'll be cleaning an area of the store you've cleaned 100 times since McRib season and you'll suddenly find sauce there. Its so weird.

As a customer, McRib is life. McRib is good. I will eat several McRibs this Mcseason

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Look, y'all...just...

will you remove the bones and cover them in weird, bad bbq sauce and slivered onions on a cheap bun and then add pickles and then remove the pickles because pickles are yucky?

Yes, I will make an IKrib for you to enjoy.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    We are in fall. Put on your helmets.

Look, y'all...just...

I was with you 100% until the pickles comment. The pickles MAKE the McRib.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Look, y'all...just...

I was with you 100% until the pickles comment. The pickles MAKE the McRib.

the only time i ordered a mcrib they did not serve it with pickles

liEt3nH.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    One time I tried ordering a McRib but before it arrived in my hands a man with an axe burst through the glass frontage of the McDonalds restaurant and I did not have time to wait any longer

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    One time I tried ordering a McRib but before it arrived in my hands a man with an axe burst through the glass frontage of the McDonalds restaurant and I did not have time to wait any longer

You fucking wait for that McRib.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Every time I go to McDonalds I wind up looking at the menu and getting excited by how cheap the 20 piece mcnuggets is compared to the 10 piece, as if it's my very first time noticing that every time, and then I order a 20 piece and eat all of it in addition to whatever shitty burger combo. And probably a couple spicy mcchickens on the side as well, because they're a dollar, and if I'm gonna have the Chaos Shits later anyway, by god I'm gonna wake the neighborhood with the thunder.

So now I have coupons for a buy one get one free mcrib, and I can see the horrible future beginning to manifest around me...

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    it's weird to imagine mcdonalds being somewhere that still considers it cheap

their small burgers here are like 3 bux

liEt3nH.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

i say very high

My parents do this. (They both grew up on farms in North Carolina) I'll do it sometimes. Preferably glass bottle Coke, drink a little, dump a gas station packet of Lance peanuts in there, snack and drive, salty Coke. It's roots are sorta from the same ideas as salted watermelon/apples etc. It's fuckin hot and you're outside and need salt, and no one has invented Gatorade yet.

I honestly can't fathom this considering soda with caffeine dehydrates and adding salt is just going to accelerate that dehydration. Probably one of the worst things to drink when it's hot.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Imma eat a McRib for lunch

jgeis wrote: »

oh by "it's back" pipe means "it's been announced to be coming back as early as the start of next week"

it's not out NOW don't be ridiculous

liEt3nH.png

oh by "it's back" pipe means "it's been announced to be coming back as early as the start of next week"

I saw an ad for them on the window of a local McDonald's yesterday!

2 for $6 was the siren's call!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    My local McDonald's is closed for renovation.
    When I first saw the sign, I figured it would be a few weeks while they slapped on some fresh paint, maybe some new booths and a "we're no longer paying cashiers" style self ordering system.
    I drove by a week later the entire building had been bulldozed to the ground, and they had started digging.

Sure, I can drive an extra 5 minutes in any other direction to get to a McD's, but those aren't my McDonald's.

You don't know when this person lives! Don't assume time!

• never dienever die Registered User regular

i say very high

How about gas station chili cheese dogs? I ate them all the time at a local gas station in college and it was always the best/worse decision I could have made.

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    I never understood why people got so excited about the McRib.

Then Wendys brought back spicy chicken nuggets.

Now I get it. I've missed those spicy nuggets so much over the past couple years.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Wow I guess that guy really wanted a McRib

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The McRib is a tradition now.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    @chrishallett83 come share your arcane knowledge of what's good at McDacca's

The best, and I mean the VERY best thing at Maccas is dipping fresh fries in your McFlurry of choice and eating them.

Any burger you enjoy that uses the Quarter Pounder (4:1) patty is instantly made 50% better by spending a little more and swapping in the Angus (3:1) patty - it's much higher quality beef and as it's thicker it also tends to be juicier.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    It' s available all year round in Germany

Platy on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I just checked via the mobile app (thank you dystopian future) and yes, my local McD's has the McRib.

Gonna get ribbed for my pleasure tonight

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Also that removes the whole point of it

The best, and I mean the VERY best thing at Maccas is dipping fresh fries in your McFlurry of choice and eating them.

Any burger you enjoy that uses the Quarter Pounder (4:1) patty is instantly made 50% better by spending a little more and swapping in the Angus (3:1) patty - it's much higher quality beef and as it's thicker it also tends to be juicier.

Do they use fresh beef for the quarter pounder in Australia or the original frozen patties?

The fresh beef quarter pounder is the best beef patty McDonald's has ever offered IMO. They don't offer the Angus in the US anymore, but the QP is better than I remember the Angus being.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Do they use fresh beef for the quarter pounder in Australia or the original frozen patties?

The fresh beef quarter pounder is the best beef patty McDonald's has ever offered IMO. They don't offer the Angus in the US anymore, but the QP is better than I remember the Angus being.

All the patties are delivered frozen, here. At least up until 2012 when I stopped working there.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Like I don't have the intestinal fortitude to eat lots of actual BBQ ribs so like a mcrib might just burn a hole through my stomach and fall out

So I guess if you eat fastfood with me you might get a free mcrib!

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Going to eat a mcrib and drink a pumpkin spice latte while purchasing timed Halloween cosmetic loot boxes for Overwatch and collapse into a black hole of transient capitalism.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Did anyone tell @Whippy