As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Untitled Goose Game] It Is Time To Honk (Switch/PC)

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Geese were just upset that they got beaks instead of teeth so they decided to go maximum effort and overdo teeth like they overdo everything else

chill out, geese

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Phillishere, that picture is enormous. Please scale it down and/or put it in a spoiler tag so it doesn't stretch out someone's screen.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Saw a news article about how House House are now 'instant millionaires'.

Because it's not like they've put 3 years of their lives into this risky venture or anything, it's all just happened to them in the last few weeks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Well, the millionaire part didn't happen over the course of three years. But "millionaires overnight" might have been a better choice.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    It's the same situation as Cuphead, tbh

Underneath the uplifting, heartwarming success story of one hardworking indie team lies the bones of probably literally hundreds of similarly hardworking indie teams that couldn't reach the finish line (or went ignored when they did) and went bankrupt

As Australians we love to celebrate local successes that go international (big props to state government art programs like Victoria's that give groups like House House a running start) but it's just as important to recognise that these types of successes will always be the outlier rather than the norm

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular

Underneath the uplifting, heartwarming success story of one hardworking indie team lies the bones of probably literally hundreds of similarly hardworking indie teams that couldn't reach the finish line (or went ignored when they did) and went bankrupt

As Australians we love to celebrate local successes that go international (big props to state government art programs like Victoria's that give groups like House House a running start) but it's just as important to recognise that these types of successes will always be the outlier rather than the norm

While this is an unfortunate truth and I agree with it, that shouldn't mean that we shouldn't celebrate those that DO manage to succeed despite the odds. Sometimes artists manages to capture the zeitgeist and get elevated to superstardom. Sure, there may be a bit of luck involved, but that doesn't make them undeserving.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Didn't realize the team was Australian but I suppose it's fitting seeing as how it's a game about ornery wildlife.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Australia is one of the countries that sees nothing to fear from the goose.
    In this war, the geese are their allies.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Beat the campaign. Time for Goose Game+.

I'm really going to have to put this on next time my niece and nephew are in town and have them tell me where the goose should go and what they should do.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://old.reddit.com/r/controlgame/comments/d7wviz/goose_ai20ue/

I wrote a stupid fanfic thing about this game & Remedy's Control, plz love me (and I'm happy for feedback/edits, esp for making entry more Goose)

In a similar vein, someone has made D&D stats for the goose.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    End game 100% reward spoilerz.
    EGYs3KVUUAAqpw8?format=jpg&name=large

HAIL TO THE GOOSE!

I found the back garden speedrun to be the toughest.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Contents of entire village vanish after mysterious honking:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGJeK49ngQ

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Hey, so I got this and started the game the other day.

I had trouble with one of the first objectives, getting into the garden. I basically ended up physicsing over the fence. Is that the intended way to do it, or is there a more elegant solution?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

I had trouble with one of the first objectives, getting into the garden. I basically ended up physicsing over the fence. Is that the intended way to do it, or is there a more elegant solution?

You can turn on the sprinkler from the spigot outside the garden. The groundskeeper will open the fence to come over and shut it off.

edited October 2019
    Or:
    There's a hole in the hedge on the NW side. Among the cabbages behind a propped up crate.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »

You can turn on the sprinkler from the spigot outside the garden. The groundskeeper will open the fence to come over and shut it off.

Weird, I tried that, but never saw any sign of the gardener.
    Or:
    There's a hole in the hedge on the NW side. Among the cabbages behind a propped up crate.

I found that after I got in, but I'm not sure the game would have let me through from outside.

Yeah, you can just barge your way in. In checking that I also found:
    You can also just honk from within his hearing but outside his vision and he'll unlock the gate to investigate, that or grab the radio within his hearing.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Yeah, one thing I really enjoyed about the game was that so many things had multiple ways to achieve them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The sprinkler is pretty much the surefire way to do it because it's persistent, sound source is closer to him and you don't have to sit around at the fence/wall to wait for him to get within earshot of honking/radio

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    There are tons of little appreciable details in this game.

It wasn’t until I was more than halfway done with the pub that I found the extra escape route option
    from the missing guard rail posts
    if you get too heavily pursued by the lady in the indoor dining area.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The New Yorker has the most New Yorker take on UGG.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    the piece was bad but wow that response was disproportionate.

Lucedes wrote: »
    Have you met gamers online before?

Small note about the Pub:
    Anyone else think, hey, maybe I can use the box I snuck in with to get out with the mug? That one person moving all the boxes always takes it back, so I was hoping I could just climb back in and be carried out without dealing with the door guy. Alas, that would be like interacting with two objects at the same time, so it doesn’t work.

Lucedes wrote: »

Maybe somebody got really riled by the odd number of typos.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I liked the article.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    And the goose is spreading into mods for other games now:

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    I don’t quite know how to break this down but it is a little odd that the main character if their hit game is, y’know...essentially almost public domain. Are knock-off geese in the works? I get the above is just a mod, but...are we donna see DUCK! and Swan Simulator appearing on digital storefronts in a month?

It's a goose. Characters whose identifying feature is just being their species are difficult to trademark.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I mean, I think this is a large part of the game’s success.

Goose is a character we all already know and love (hate).

And fear.
    9ebimgx9jm9k.jpg

lmao that can't be real

They're obeying the Glorious Edict. The sign is actually referring to Boris Johnson, noted Level 5 Goose.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    0kscsoj3rr8v.jpeg

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Thought that you guys would want to know Untitled Goose Game is going to be the subject of the next episode of How Did This Get Played?

https://www.earwolf.com/show/how-did-this-get-played/

For anyone that hasn't listened its comedians Nick Wiger and Heather Anne Campbell examining the worst and weirdest video games. This one I know falls into the latter category as Mr Wiger already sang the games praises briefly at the top of the most recent episode (Eternal Champions).

Edit: The Goose episode would be available for listening next Monday.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    This game was such a blast. Now I need the rest of my family to experience the joy.