As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Red Dead Redemption] Free Myths & Legends DLC out 9/13.

1414243444547»

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    oh snaps free DLC
    i will be all over that.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I really hope they do a xp weekend with it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote:
    The Myths & Legends free DLC comes out on September 13th
    Yes! :D

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    Awesome stuff, just done the Ricketts stuff in RDR, what a good bloke.

fragglefart.jpg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Kind of a shame they didn't make any of those new gang fight locations into hideouts for Free Roam. I would have liked some more co-op activities (didn't have to be full co-op missions, more regular hideouts would have been great). Still, can't complain about the price and they do have some good choices for new multiplayer characters.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I really hope they do a xp weekend with it.

They've been doing those a lot lately, so it wouldn't surprise me. In fact, there was a triple XP night yesterday.

edited September 2011
    What the hell. Do I need to get on the twitterz for this or something?

EDIT: The next one I see on their calendar is
    Friday, September 23 (4-7PM Eastern)
    Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare
    For Xbox 360 on Xbox LIVE
    Triple XP yet again for Red Dead. Come ready for a taste of all of the modes across the complete Red Dead experience.
    but apparently they do like short notice 2 hour events occasionally? Last night wasn't on their schedule so maybe it was one. Someone needs to post here if they see one.

The Dude With Herpes on

What the hell. Do I need to get on the twitterz for this or something?

EDIT: The next one I see on their calendar is
    Friday, September 23 (4-7PM Eastern)
    Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare
    For Xbox 360 on Xbox LIVE
    Triple XP yet again for Red Dead. Come ready for a taste of all of the modes across the complete Red Dead experience.
    but apparently they do like short notice 2 hour events occasionally? Last night wasn't on their schedule so maybe it was one. Someone needs to post here if they see one.

Yeah, actually, Rockstargames on twitter always post about these "out of nowhere" XP days/weekends. I guess you don't really have to join twitter to read it, though.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Sad there seems to be no bonus xp tied to its release but there's a 3x weekend in two weeks looks like so...eh?

edited September 2011
    nothing to see here. move along.

The Dude With Herpes on

Sad there seems to be no bonus xp tied to its release but there's a 3x weekend in two weeks looks like so...eh?

From twitter just now:

"In honor of the release of the FREE #RedDeadRedemption Myths & Mavericks Bonus Pack we've turned on Triple XP for the next few hours, enjoy"

Awesome, thanks. I might hop on for a bit. It's been ages since I played.

Haha, ok it's been too long. I just get destroyed doing a simple gang hideout. I think I'll finish AC Brotherhood then put some time into remembering how to play RDR before the upcoming 3x weekend in a couple weeks and work on stuff then.

Not a bad plan. I'm still hoping they give us a DLC sale, but I doubt they'd do that anytime soon now that they've announced a GOTY version that includes all the DLC.

SteevL wrote:
    Not a bad plan. I'm still hoping they give us a DLC sale, but I doubt they'd do that anytime soon now that they've announced a GOTY version that includes all the DLC.

Well don't I feel dumb. All the DLC is currently on sale on XBLA:

Red Dead Redemption
    -Legends and Killers Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
    -Liars and Cheats Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
    -Undead Nightmare Collection - 1000 Microsoft Points - 37.5% off
    -Undead Nightmare Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Looks like it goes on through the 19th. The last time they had this same sale, I only jumped on the regular Undead Nightmare pack, thinking I wouldn't want to try all that multiplayer DLC. I was wrong, and wish I had just bought the Undead Nightmare Collection which has everything. But it doesn't matter now that I've gone ahead and bought the other DLC.

edited September 2011
    edit: yay, my first double post! figured it'd happen to me eventually.

SteevL on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Oh really? In that case I might grab the two packs I'm missing. I made the same mistake you did and only bought the UN solo pack back in the other sale and regretted it later. 1400 in total is about right for my mind to justify it as a saving over the full retail price of 1600, even if I could have had it for 1000 all in before.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I only bought the UN solo for 400 because I figured I wouldn't be going near the multiplayer. After hearing how awesome the multi is, I regret that move.

forumsig.png
    Yeah, I really should have tried the multi before dismissing it when that sale was going on. I just assumed I wouldn't like it. Turns out I ended up loving free roam, and it always bothered me when I got to a hideout that was DLC. That won't be a problem next time I actually play!

• adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So I got the Undead Redemption disc, and, well, I'm glad I only paid $1 for it because man is it boring and repetitive.

adytum on
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    I thought it was delightful!

"I'm Herbert Moooooooooooooooonn!"

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Just finished the story. I feel like I maybe missed an opportunity right at the end. Is there any other way for that ending to play out?

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Just finished the story. I feel like I maybe missed an opportunity right at the end. Is there any other way for that ending to play out?

No, if you are talking about the barn scene, but it ain't over 'til you see the credits roll...

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    SteevL wrote:
    Damn, should have waited!

So I finally beat this game last night. 100%'d it too. I was at 99.5%, with the last thing I needed to do being unlocking the outfit that requires you to clear all the U.S. hideouts in 24 in-game hours. Timed things always make me nervous, but it turned out to be really easy. I blew threw it in about 8 hours, so I had a ton of time to spare.

Anyway, I was one of those players who ("final" mission spoiler) ...
    Instinctively clicked the right stick intending to go into dead eye right as the game gave me control, but the game goes into dead eye for you, and my stick click was just an instant after the auto-dead eye. So I went out of dead eye, and when I clicked the stick again it wouldn't put me back in it. And then the hail of gunfire hit.

So in my tale of John Marston, he heroically walks out of the barn, raises his gun and takes aim, then sort of stands there like an idiot for 3 seconds before getting annihilated. Smooth, Mr. Marston. Real smooth.

forty on