As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome! Everything is fine. [The Good Place][OPEN SPOILERS]

167891012»

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    The finale was great, as is NBC’s episode description:
    Various events occur, in a certain specific order.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    No... They are going to bring back Larry Hemsworth.

This an he is going to see tahani and be convinced she doesn't belong in the good place.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It is so good to have this show back, they've nailed the set-up so far.
    The baby elephant's truths got me good

And I love that this is a sentence that makes sense in context.

Also
    Simone believing that she's in a coma dream makes perfect sense, it gives me some Ashes to Ashes vibes.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Saw some speculation earlier online, and having just watched the episode a second time, I'm convinced:

Michael has been or will be replaced with the Michael-suit

The moment right at the end when he and Janet take Chris Baker onto the train seems very likely as a moment when they would make the switch, and it's even possible that Chris was meant to fail so Shawn would have to send a train from the Bad Place. You'd have to either replace Janet with a Bad Janet or distract her somehow, or it just happens behind her, we'll see in a flashback

I did think the first time I watched it that it was weird that they included the Michael-suit in the "previously on"

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Saw some speculation earlier online, and having just watched the episode a second time, I'm convinced:

Michael has been or will be replaced with the Michael-suit

The moment right at the end when he and Janet take Chris Baker onto the train seems very likely as a moment when they would make the switch, and it's even possible that Chris was meant to fail so Shawn would have to send a train from the Bad Place. You'd have to either replace Janet with a Bad Janet or distract her somehow, or it just happens behind her, we'll see in a flashback

I did think the first time I watched it that it was weird that they included the Michael-suit in the "previously on"

Honestly that almost seems to obvious

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    You'd think! But we had the better part of a year with the knowledge of the Michael-suit and it never occurred to me, nor did I see the idea proposed by anyone

A complication: this week's podcast mentioned that the thing Michael said coming off the train ("Booyah" with a specific hand gesture) was a callback to Shawn doing the same thing to him. I don't remember this-- when was it? Were any demons present? If not, the only way this theory works is if the impostor is Shawn himself, which seems very unlike Shawn, but then again he is sort of the big bad and we are towards the end of the story

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Chidi getting hit with the book this episode had me in absolute stitches.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    they mentioned that the Janet warehouse is in the same neutral zone that the judge lives in

I bet we get a Janet army

HEY

HEY

YAYA IN 2018 WAS REAL FUCKIN' SMART

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know how they do it, but somehow the way Bad Place characters deliver the most toothless, sophomoric insults is more cutting than it really should be.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    they mentioned that the Janet warehouse is in the same neutral zone that the judge lives in

I bet we get a Janet army

HEY

HEY

YAYA IN 2018 WAS REAL FUCKIN' SMART

What happened though?

• Options
    This latest episode had some amazing subtle moments. Like Original Neighbourhood Michael's hidden glee as he saw his torture for Chidi already working, Janet's calmer "Hey there" and Chidi's asking for the note at the end.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I can’t remember if this is an open spoiler thread but this is about the finale
    How dare you make me cry over Jason Mendoza

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    That was just about the most perfect ending the show could have had. Chidi very nearly made me cry in an airport.

Also I really want that bearamy clock.

• Options
    1. YES Will Harper is forever my pick for Reed Richards and that beard sells me on it even more

2. Manny in the background makes that video

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This is pretty much the perfect sitcom, or about as close as you can get.

BLM - ACAB