As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Does anyone else feel that the Pathocyst attack rate is soooo slooooooow?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Does anyone else feel that the Pathocyst attack rate is soooo slooooooow?

For sure but it also hits surprisingly hard so I think maybe they were trying to make the Fragor/Galatine/Gram of glaives maybe?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Ash Prime has a neck. Neck Prime!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

What

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Orphane wrote: »

What

I stand by my statement.

Also, Atlas Prime has a neck.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    What using Rhino in a mission feels like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZYe3LqN8q0

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    1 credit Halloween color palette in the shop til Nov 1.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Zaw dagger Covert Lethality crit-knife is leveled, gilded, duly named the Gom Jabbar, and forma’d, and I’m already grateful for the advice I received to prioritize this build. My riven that prompted this time investment is pretty good, too. Speed and combo duration, with a debut to range that I’m actually a bit grateful for, as it prompted me to add Primed Reach to the build. The extra range, over and above the debuff, is making it far easier to keep on target despite Stinging Thorn’s maddening gymnastics.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Ember and Vauban reworks look good! Heat procs are being fixed so they stack damage properly, and also melt armor in some way, which would already go a long way to buffing Ember, but she's also getting a damage reduction ability and a meter system and a new 4 that calls down meteors on enemies and spreads heat procs like crazy. Vauban's Tesla balls follow him around CCing enemies, Minelayers were all changed and are all useful and/or fun, new orbital strike ability that's slow but scales with enemy level and looks amazing, and Bastille and Vortex were combined into a single ability. Tap for Bastilled, which now strips armor, and hold to turn Bastilles into Vortexes.

Pretty awesome stuff.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I just want World on Fire back. :(

• Options

Clearly, Ember needed micromanaging a meter and a loss of her passive AoE damage ult. :|

I wonder how it will scale.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I am super goddamn mad about world on fire going away

that was literally the only reason for ember to exist

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    jnmh91gdcn0b.png

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

As much as I loved World on Fire for a push button and forget ability I have to admit it made her either boring to play because everything everywhere just dies or useless because it barely tickles them.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

As much as I loved World on Fire for a push button and forget ability I have to admit it made her either boring to play because everything everywhere just dies or useless because it barely tickles them.

That's only because they nerfed the range. Before that, WoF actually did pretty decent crowd control, without being as silly as "lock down the whole map" banshee

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Spoit wrote: »

That's only because they nerfed the range. Before that, WoF actually did pretty decent crowd control, without being as silly as "lock down the whole map" banshee

yeah. Banshee's probably due for another pass too... hopefully her "power synergy"/"active play" rework will be better.

Fireball from you or fireball from the sky is just meh. I also imagine that she'll have the same all or nothing problem with these new skills too.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Having a frame be built around a single damage type is just a bad idea in general. Given the wide variety of resists and armor types it means that she will either be useless or overpowered depending on the enemies being faced. They could keep the whole fire theme and give her something more then just damage, like frost.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    That would have meshed will with the heat build up/release thing too, though at that point they could probably just make a new frame.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I think DE is building Ember around the new Fire proc, which, from what I remember was uncapped DoT stacks and armour strip

• Options
    That would have meshed will with the heat build up/release thing too, though at that point they could probably just make a new frame.

that's just saryn, which is already one of the best frames

• Options
    Ok, so, people I know shit on multiplayer games a lot. They're like "Seraph, why do you put up with this shit. You've literally been playing online multiplayer nonsense since 1997 (Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 Multiplayer PVP). You have seen the absolute worst this community has to offer. You saw the neo-Nazis before anyone in the mainstream press was worried about it. You saw the misogynists. You saw the racists. You've seen some Shit."

And I'm like yeah

But

Today, during a Gift of the Lotus Defense, a random MR8 pre-Second Dream newbie who had bought the Equinox Prime package decided to just /meditate on the objective

I, in Titania (Mr22), am like fuck it sure, /meditate

And then the Nyx (MR24) just rolls in and is like "hey guess what my 4 does?"

Atlas (MR26) is like WHY NAWT while his Rumblers do the actual work

We talk about world peace and love and how we're gonna defeat the Grineer via Zen* (but also Equinox's 4, Nyx's 4, Altas' 4, and me, uh.... ....................................................... I'm cute ok, I sat on Equinox's head in tiny mode for a bit)

10 rounds of absolute nonsense and goofing off

And that, my fraindos, mai gaiz, is why I still play online games. Because every so often, emergent behavior happens, and it's beautiful. Humans are actually OK, did you know? They really are.

• Options
    I remember I was doing some piss easy Earth defense mission for some damn Nightwave objective or another. It turned into a discussion about whether or not it's ethical for the Tenno to sabotage Tyl Regor's cure for clone-cancer.

Before it turned into speculation about Grineer sex.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Honestly, I'm the opposite. Please remove "press 4 to kill whole room" ults. Stab Saryn in the goddamn eye.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Also, purchasable fashionframe config slots are going to bankrupt me.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ok, so, people I know shit on multiplayer games a lot. They're like "Seraph, why do you put up with this shit. You've literally been playing online multiplayer nonsense since 1997 (Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 Multiplayer PVP). You have seen the absolute worst this community has to offer. You saw the neo-Nazis before anyone in the mainstream press was worried about it. You saw the misogynists. You saw the racists. You've seen some Shit."

And I'm like yeah

But

Today, during a Gift of the Lotus Defense, a random MR8 pre-Second Dream newbie who had bought the Equinox Prime package decided to just /meditate on the objective

We talk about world peace and love and how we're gonna defeat the Grineer via Zen* (but also Equinox's 4, Nyx's 4, Altas' 4, and me, uh.... ....................................................... I'm cute ok, I sat on Equinox's head in tiny mode for a bit)

And that, my fraindos, mai gaiz, is why I still play online games. Because every so often, emergent behavior happens, and it's beautiful. Humans are actually OK, did you know? They really are.

Humans are OK sometimes.

But yeah, the times I've had where my group isn't acting like silent NPCs have usually been pretty great. In this game and others

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I got called an MR farmer for only taking 500 hours to hit rank 23 once. That is about the only bad interaction I have had in Warframe.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

And I'm like yeah

But

Once in an OverWatch match, one of the players on the other team somehow got stuck in geometry behind the counter in Snaxxramas on Blizzard World. So he started making jokes in about serving smoothies, and everyone came to look at him and we formed an orderly line and had a dance party until like 30 seconds before the time expired when everyone just popped all their ults at once.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    furlion wrote: »
    I got called an MR farmer for only taking 500 hours to hit rank 23 once. That is about the only bad interaction I have had in Warframe.

Huh. You were called a Warframe player for playing Warframe. In Warframe. By someone playing it.

I wouldn’t even know what to say to that.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »

Huh. You were called a Warframe player for playing Warframe. In Warframe. By someone playing it.

I wouldn’t even know what to say to that.

I didn't either! They were only 14 with like 1200 hours and maybe they were mad I did it so much faster? It was a weird encounter.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Sounds like an ideal vacation spot. I

And I'm like yeah

But

The real questions, nar shaddaa or canyon oasis?

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Not really happy about reworks throwing abilities away. Did not care for it with Wukong, not caring for it with Ember, and super not looking forward to when they rework Ivara and remove Navigator.

Also, DE, can we maybe get an item that adds arcane slots to melee weapons that don't have them? Since it's kind of obvious at this point that you aren't going to continue expanding the zaw system.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Honestly, I'm the opposite. Please remove "press 4 to kill whole room" ults. Stab Saryn in the goddamn eye.

I could get behind this...as long as Peacemaker doesn't count.

You technically have to aim Peacemaker!

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

Canyon. I liked setting up deathtraps in that one area with the lightning traps.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I bought the caged condroc in Cetus for an orbiter decoration, went to place it, and oh, dear. I’m not the biggest animal rights guy, but that’s not a cage, that’s an Old Earth torture device, like the chamber of ease for avian dinosaurs. At least if there were a trained condroc companion in the game (and really, why isn’t there?) then I could think of it like a car seat for Bloodwing to chill out in when he’s not flying around fetching me a shiny thing or some Grineer’s clone-eyes.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Canyon. I liked setting up deathtraps in that one area with the lightning traps.

Oh, I meant the different game lobby's in the microsoft internet gaming zone, which was the most active community of jk'ers back then. Though that community was more toxic than any I've seen since, with second place being almost too far away to see from there. I still miss the rare gems and friendships formed around Nar. Nostalgia is powerful, but I don't think it's simply rose colored glasses, that game was sooo good, makes me want to find some lobby's with FF Sabers Elite Only as the title.

Nar was the chat lobby the really rude trash talking A holes used early on, Canyon was where newer folks, and folks who just didn't hate everyone would find games and chat in. I mean, those weren't hard rules, just what seemed to happen most often.

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

You're just jealous of best girl Saryn, with the best powers and best outfits.

• Options
    how are press 4 to kill room ults different that hold left click to kill rooms?

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Not really happy about reworks throwing abilities away. Did not care for it with Wukong, not caring for it with Ember, and super not looking forward to when they rework Ivara and remove Navigator.

Also, DE, can we maybe get an item that adds arcane slots to melee weapons that don't have them? Since it's kind of obvious at this point that you aren't going to continue expanding the zaw system.

yeah, getting the feeling that maybe their direction is drifting away from my interest.

the utility slot on guns will nice/okay though. IDK.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

yeah, getting the feeling that maybe their direction is drifting away from my interest.

the utility slot on guns will nice/okay though. IDK.

I just became too frustrated with their development style of 'drop huge change/system, do a few hotfixes, maybe patch in a few weeks, then abandon all promised future development of said system for 2-3 years until it needs to be "reworked"'.

(That and, as a primarily melee player, I've been waiting for Melee 3.0 for literally a year and a half at this point. The first 'phase' was dropped like half a year ago. To my utter disbelief, they seem to still be unsure about what to do about Channeling.)

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options

Oh, I meant the different game lobby's in the microsoft internet gaming zone, which was the most active community of jk'ers back then. Though that community was more toxic than any I've seen since, with second place being almost too far away to see from there. I still miss the rare gems and friendships formed around Nar. Nostalgia is powerful, but I don't think it's simply rose colored glasses, that game was sooo good, makes me want to find some lobby's with FF Sabers Elite Only as the title.

Nar was the chat lobby the really rude trash talking A holes used early on, Canyon was where newer folks, and folks who just didn't hate everyone would find games and chat in. I mean, those weren't hard rules, just what seemed to happen most often.

At the risk of continuing to be very off topic... I genuinely can't remember which one I was in. I was like... 10 years old. I do remember the absolute assholes in there though. Ran into some really bizzare cases of hacking, too, of the sort that become creepypasta legend (got attacked by a sentient elevator that shot concussion rounds in a Capture the Flag map where it bugged out and didn't register there even *being* another player; and then there was the time a giant Imperial shuttle spawned in Canyon and ate everyone...)

I guess on topic, maybe Warframe could save the PVP thing by having a mode that's basically like the old "No Force; Sabers/Fists only" rooms.

This discussion has been closed.