As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

1979899100101103»

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Hubris Sony has been in full effect for several years now. See:
    -Removal of Ps3 and Vita games from freebies every month with the addition of... nothing.
    -Refusing crossplay while Nintendo of all companies goes all in.
    -Continuing to ink shitty exclusivity deals for content, with Call of Duty Modern Warfare's being the worst possibly EVER.
    -Refusing EA Access and just straight up saying "Eh, we think this sucks," about it.
    -Pretending Playstation Now is on the level of Gamepass (this is laughable).
    -Having some of the worst, most terrible E3 presentations of all time.
    etc etc
    I feel like some of this is nitpicking just to nitpick and holding a grudge even as they try to improve. Sony changed their position on Cross-play a while ago and are officially all in now. Also, EA access was kinda shitty at first, and they've since changed their minds and now EA Access is on PS4. They've made significant efforts to make PS Now more like Game Pass (adding game downloads, lowering the price). And really, you're getting hung up on E3 presentations? How does a good E3 presser make the actual games better?

Zavian wrote: »
    Yeah and also the ability to download games instead of streaming is also great, PS Now is one of the better ones now IMO. 15/month for Now and Plus would be the sweet spot that would make me bite
    Game Pass still has better pricing month-to-month thanks to Game Pass Ultimate, but PS Now had the better annual pricing even before the recent price drop. And now that annual price advantage is even bigger.

The real issue is the game library. I think both services are bloated with a lot of garbage games that are really just for the bullet points. "100+ GAMES!" But I do think PS Now is worse about it. Game Pass has more legit good games, even if it's still not many.

Sony does not deserve credit for Cross Play because they were dragged into it kicking and screaming. If they stick with it from now on, okay, grievance retracted. I don't even like EA games that much, but EA Access is easily the best and most generous thing they have as a company. Paying for EA Access rescues people from paying full price for undercooked EA games. Sony were just being asses about the whole thing, but I will admit that I didn't know they backed down there too. This is what I mean about arrogant Sony though, every first choice they have made this gen has been the bad one, the nasty one. Xbox obviously did that in a bigger way with their plan for the XB1 launch, but the absolute beating they took on that seemed to change their mind for the whole generation. Maybe if Sony received a beatdown, they'd knock this stuff off too.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    You're expecting a soulless corporation to implement a feature out of the goodness of their non-existent heart? A feature that generates no revenue, and where the people who benefit the most are the ones playing on their competitor's platform. No shit they didn't wanna do it.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    You're expecting a soulless corporation to implement a feature out of the goodness of their non-existent heart? A feature that generates no revenue, and where the people who benefit the most are the ones playing on their competitor's platform. No shit they didn't wanna do it.

This goes for a lot of things. Products contain a lot of features that don't directly earn them money. In the case of Crossplay, it makes it "safe" to purchase the Playstation version of everything without conferring with a friend group to see what version they bought. So in a way, yes it will directly make them cash.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Since when could you download psnow games? My download speed is depressing but if I can download them that changes everything. I had no idea that was even a thing.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options

This goes for a lot of things. Products contain a lot of features that don't directly earn them money. In the case of Crossplay, it makes it "safe" to purchase the Playstation version of everything without conferring with a friend group to see what version they bought. So in a way, yes it will directly make them cash.

That's assuming a signficant portion of games have PS and Xbox. Most gamers are gonna buy it for the only platform they already own. Rejecting cross play was more about leveraging their top spot to encourage potential new customers to lock into PS to be part of the larger online community. But that position turned into a PR nightmare. I really really doubt cross-play is "saving" a significant amount of PS game sales. But there's no real evidence either way.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Since when could you download psnow games? My download speed is depressing but if I can download them that changes everything. I had no idea that was even a thing.
    September of last year, according to a quick Google? That sounds about right.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

Exactly! I have several friends who play on XBone or PC platforms and don't even own a PS4. The only thing the lack of CrossPlay has done for me is forced me to NOT buy PS4 copies of some games to play with my real life mates. Ideally, I would buy my preferred PS4 versions and they would buy their stupid windows versions and we would all be happy.

26904.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I finally tried the Resident Evil Project Resistance closed beta! Stayed up until 3am to try it out.... and I failed horribly XD Though I did get some good zombie whacks in with a 2x4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQHE34v04zw

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Are... we going to get another PSN thread, or are the mods not allowing it to be made? We're on page 103 now.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nothing forbidden about it, it's just no one feels like making a new one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Just like OP never bothered updating the thread title for nearly 2 years now. People just aren't excited about PS 'round these parts. Maybe I'll start a new one later tonight if no one else wants to.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I think the thread title suggests that this is just about PSN titles rather then PlayStation in general. A more appropriate thread title would probably pull in more conversation.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I think the thread title suggests that this is just about PSN titles rather then PlayStation in general. A more appropriate thread title would probably pull in more conversation.

Yeah, when I first hit the thread I was checking two pages worth of posts back from the most recent to make sure it was a general purpose PS thread. I am not now nor likely ever to need the Playstation Network stuff, so if that's all it was I'd just ignore it. I feel like I was more diligent than some folks might be.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Yeah, when I first hit the thread I was checking two pages worth of posts back from the most recent to make sure it was a general purpose PS thread. I am not now nor likely ever to need the Playstation Network stuff, so if that's all it was I'd just ignore it. I feel like I was more diligent than some folks might be.

I ignored it for a long time for the same reason.

• Options
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/230399/playstation4-psn-concrete-genie-medievil-this-month/

Here's a quick and dirty new thread. I'll update the top post later with the proper info, but at least we can cast this old thread aside.