As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Wendy's is also sponsoring a D&D one shot with Critical Role.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »

Don't be silly, it's not D&D, it's Feast of Legends, the Wendy's RPG.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »

Tonight in less than an hour. (7pm pdt)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    If you look at the world map, there are city locations that signify content for future adventures:.
    Lake John Silver

There's a combo Long John Silver's and A&W near me. I'm not big on LJS, but the A&W shares friers and oil with them so their fries wind up with a hint of the fish/chicken batter flavor and are an amazing accompaniment to a bacon cheeseburger and root beer float.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    If you look at the world map, there are city locations that signify content for future adventures:.
    Lake John Silver

There's a combo Long John Silver's and A&W near me. I'm not big on LJS, but the A&W shares friers and oil with them so their fries wind up with a hint of the fish/chicken batter flavor and are an amazing accompaniment to a bacon cheeseburger and root beer float.

We used to have two of those but they both closed.

I mourn their loss.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BACON

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    There used to be a ton of Yum-brand combo restaurants in my area, KFC/Taco Bell, KFC/A&W, and KFC/Long John Silver. Only one left is a KFC/A&W and they've been scaling back the A&W menu for a long time, I imagine it probably has to with A&W and LJS not being owned by Yum anymore. They were all great, though, sharing fryers and cooking surfaces made for some delicious cross contamination, their food was just different enough to stand out from either single brand.

Edit: Google tells me Wing Street is a separate chain from Pizza Hut? I've never actually seen one without the other.

Hevach on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    A read the pdf (its free). A stupid amount of decent campaign building went into the module.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    There used to be a ton of Yum-brand combo restaurants in my area, KFC/Taco Bell, KFC/A&W, and KFC/Long John Silver. Only one left is a KFC/A&W and they've been scaling back the A&W menu for a long time, I imagine it probably has to with A&W and LJS not being owned by Yum anymore. They were all great, though, sharing fryers and cooking surfaces made for some delicious cross contamination, their food was just different enough to stand out from either single brand.

Edit: Google tells me Wing Street is a separate chain from Pizza Hut? I've never actually seen one without the other.

According to wikipedia there's only ever been one Wing Street that wasn't connected to a Pizza Hut and it bombed badly and was closed down. All other Wing Streets are connected to Pizza Huts.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    A read the pdf (its free). A stupid amount of decent campaign building went into the module.

It's a perfectly serviceable beer & pretzels game, from what I saw.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

It really is surprisingly good. I absolutely love how they worked snarking on other fast food into the actual game mechanics. Like if your character eats a sub sandwich, they have -2 on strength rolls for the day

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    More info on the background, from an insider:

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    thats an AD&D cover from a distance

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    thats an AD&D cover from a distance

And a pretty nice one at that.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So what did they build it off of, the 5e SRD?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    If it were 4E I'd laugh for roughly twenty minutes straight.

And be contractually obligated to give it a whirl.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Ars says it's somewhere between 4th and 5th edition rulesets, which doesn't really narrow it down. There's no character building; the classes come preloaded with abilities and powers.

So not Burger King; can't make an elf bard your way.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    What's with these random fast-food restaurants putting out random games....?

I'm appreciating the dedication to strange and interesting marketing.

Marketing is inevitable in our society so the least they could do is make it not so fucking boring.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm impressed with the amount of what appears to be original art, in high quality. That shit ain't cheap.

Edit: OMG, the starting stats are determined by rolling 4d4, so they can work in a 4 for $4 reference, I'm dyin'

Fry on
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Honestly, I've gotten things from DrivethruRPG that have had less love put into them then this.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    There's a lot of trust between a boss and team of employees somewhere in Wendy's Marketing department.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/10/first-tool-use-pigs-visayan-endangered/
    Pigs recorded using tools for the first time
    One of the Visayan warty pigs—a critically endangered species native to the Philippines—picked up a piece of bark in its mouth and started digging with it, pushing the soil around. “I said, Whoa, that’s pretty cool,” says Root-Bernstein, a visiting researcher at the Musée de l’Homme in Paris and a National Geographic Explorer. “When I looked up tool use in pigs, there was nothing.”

Intrigued, the scientist returned to the menagerie at the Jardin des Plantes frequently over the following months to try to observe the behavior again, to no avail. She hypothesized that what she’d seen was related to nest-building, which Visayans generally do every six months to prepare for the arrival of piglets. Sure enough, the next spring, a colleague returned to the warty pig enclosure and recorded three of the four animals using tools to complete their nest, an earthen pit filled with leaves. (Learn more about the Visayan and its rockstar mohawk.)
    It’s very possible that wild Visayans use tools, too, she adds. Fernando “Dino” Gutierrez, president of the Philippine conservation nonprofit Talarak Foundation, Inc., which works to protect warty pigs, agrees.

A few years ago, Gutierrez witnessed a group of wild Visayans pushing rocks toward an electric fence to test it. “As soon as they push and the rocks make contact, they would wait for the clicking sound or absence thereof,” he said by email. “Clicking means the wires are hot, and they will back off and not cross; no sounds mean it is safe to investigate what’s beyond the wire.”
    Well, we should be fine as long as they don't learn how to use AK-47s and maybe gather in a group of 30-50.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    As much as I love meat, the more we learn how intelligent many of our food animals are the more difficult it is to not feel hypocritical. I am fortunate to have the means to go vegetarian if I wanted but damn so bacon cheeseburgers taste amazing. I am trying to eat less meat though, especially pig and cow.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've always known pigs were smart, but using a rock to check for live fencing is so far beyond eg my idiot dogs, that I'm now positively intimidated.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/10/first-tool-use-pigs-visayan-endangered/
    Pigs recorded using tools for the first time
    One of the Visayan warty pigs—a critically endangered species native to the Philippines—picked up a piece of bark in its mouth and started digging with it, pushing the soil around. “I said, Whoa, that’s pretty cool,” says Root-Bernstein, a visiting researcher at the Musée de l’Homme in Paris and a National Geographic Explorer. “When I looked up tool use in pigs, there was nothing.”

Intrigued, the scientist returned to the menagerie at the Jardin des Plantes frequently over the following months to try to observe the behavior again, to no avail. She hypothesized that what she’d seen was related to nest-building, which Visayans generally do every six months to prepare for the arrival of piglets. Sure enough, the next spring, a colleague returned to the warty pig enclosure and recorded three of the four animals using tools to complete their nest, an earthen pit filled with leaves. (Learn more about the Visayan and its rockstar mohawk.)
    It’s very possible that wild Visayans use tools, too, she adds. Fernando “Dino” Gutierrez, president of the Philippine conservation nonprofit Talarak Foundation, Inc., which works to protect warty pigs, agrees.

A few years ago, Gutierrez witnessed a group of wild Visayans pushing rocks toward an electric fence to test it. “As soon as they push and the rocks make contact, they would wait for the clicking sound or absence thereof,” he said by email. “Clicking means the wires are hot, and they will back off and not cross; no sounds mean it is safe to investigate what’s beyond the wire.”
    Well, we should be fine as long as they don't learn how to use AK-47s and maybe gather in a group of 30-50.

I have bad news for you on the latter

• Options
    furlion wrote: »
    As much as I love meat, the more we learn how intelligent many of our food animals are the more difficult it is to not feel hypocritical. I am fortunate to have the means to go vegetarian if I wanted but damn so bacon cheeseburgers taste amazing. I am trying to eat less meat though, especially pig and cow.

Same, though I was bad at the grocery store today and picked up 1/2lb of Columbus Roast Pork and some fresh muenster for sandwiches to take to work this week. I'd been focusing on finding local cage-free poultry that isn't too outrageously expensive for my carnivorous needs.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    How much is 5k in kilometers? Did he run 5 miles or 5000 feet?

5000 miles.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    How much is 5k in kilometers? Did he run 5 miles or 5000 feet?

5000 miles.

But would he run 5000 more

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Intelligence is quite an arbitrary reason to not eat something so you can just pick a different arbitrary thing

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Intelligence is quite an arbitrary reason to not eat something so you can just pick a different arbitrary thing

Honestly I don't find it that arbitrary. Humans often think of intelligence as our "special thing", and to eat something that shares our special thing is kind of like eating us. Since we have a strong taboo against cannibalism it we don't like to think that we're eating something similar to us.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I eat nothing that features in the Redwall series of books

*stares longingly at the badger aisle in the supermarket*

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

Those books have some of the most lavish descriptions for food that is not actually food I have ever read. By then end of them I was thinking maybe acorn really is that good, you know?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12273971
    A male cat has been left needing a glucose drip after it mated with at least five females in one night when he was let out of his cage by pet hotel staff.

Xiaopi, a Russian Blue, was left at the pet hotel by his owners, Mr and Mrs Zhao, in Guangdong Province in South China.

Mr Zhao said he had specifically told the business that Xiaopi had not been neutered.

"I thought they'd be professional, but the staff member didn't feed Xiaopi during the day and let him out to roam freely at night," the cat owner posted on social media.

"That's right, all the cats were free to walk around the shop and then the employee went home.

"Between around 10.40pm and 5am, my cat mated with five female cats. And those are only the ones I could see in the CCTV footage."
    7VBLXQGDFFDX3NYUT377NAMPLQ.png
    NIRTFPD7CNEZPBDVZUWR6IHEAI.png
    Yeah, that cat looks like I would expect.

Couscous on
  • Options
    A young Greebo

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Sounds more like a cat bordello than hotel to me.

• Options
    RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    I'm surprised it didn't give away the game when they had to pay by the hour.

• Options
    A young Greebo

Given the lack of carbing up during the day, a minimum five service evening is impressive.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Never had rabbit?

Actually were there rabbits in Redwall? I remember hares but not sure about rabbits.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options

Never had rabbit?

Actually were there rabbits in Redwall? I remember hares but not sure about rabbits.

The rabbits were wimpy non-fighters as opposed to the poshboy hares, so they weren't given much focus

Also yes, I've eaten rabbit and squirrel and hedgehog (flavoured crisps, which I suspect are a novelty and contain no hedgehog)

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I saw the video of the cows playing with a beachball, and I still love beef, pigs are going to do some really impressive stuff for me to stop considering them delicious.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
This discussion has been closed.