As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I got up to the return to Ahm Araeng in the ShB MSQ
    I like that Thancred is letting Minfilia make her own decision and accepting it as her choice to make. Hopefully he doesn't have a change of heart at the last minute like a jerk.

The scene with Ardbert watching the sin eater assault was real fuckin sad! I just want that dude to be happy!
    Fucking...yeah.

Being an apparition for decades, probably longer, knowing full well that you're not going connect, but pleading to any god that will listen, just this once, be able to actually help

It got me pretty bad.

Edit: ShB endgame spoilers:
    He gets his wish in the end though - and you get one of the most awesome lines to deliver as a result:
    It ends today. One way or another, it ends.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I want the mount for getting everything to 80 but I don't have the patience/attention span for it so that'll probably happen sometime around 6.4 or something

X22wmuF.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    After I finish capping everything to 80 I'm probably going to take, like, at least a month break from the game.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Au'Ra
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I got up to the return to Ahm Araeng in the ShB MSQ
    I like that Thancred is letting Minfilia make her own decision and accepting it as her choice to make. Hopefully he doesn't have a change of heart at the last minute like a jerk.

The scene with Ardbert watching the sin eater assault was real fuckin sad! I just want that dude to be happy!
    Fucking...yeah.

Being an apparition for decades, probably longer, knowing full well that you're not going connect, but pleading to any god that will listen, just this once, be able to actually help

It got me pretty bad.
    He gets his wish in the end though - and you get one of the most awesome lines to deliver as a result:
    It ends today. One way or another, it ends.
    Man!!!! Label your spoilers!!!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Yyyyep, spoiler'd as well here :( almost done with the msq avoiding all spoilers. Figured Blank was still slightly behind me so I could safely read his spoilers+replies.

Oh well, at least it wasnt one of the huge spoilers, so it could have been worse.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Ghosts can’t eat

okay

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    If there’s one thing people love to do on this forum it’s spoil shit

One time someone spoiled danganronpa for me by calling out someone else who hadn’t spoiled anything lol

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Zay wrote: »
    If there’s one thing people love to do on this forum it’s spoil shit

One time someone spoiled danganronpa for me by calling out someone else who hadn’t spoiled anything lol

Well I'm sure no one does it on purpose.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Well, I tried actually doing a PVP today. Specifically, the daily Frontlines mission.

And it was... a lot less stressful than I imagined. I lost 3 times in a row, sure, but it was a generally neat sort of thing, with a mission-based structure instead of raw focus on fighting the enemy team. It’s what I figure a MOBA is set up like, from what I’ve heard of that genre. I can see me going back to it, and using it to get the good dyeable versions of the Garo weapons before they go away. Not bad.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    yeah I'm not sure why it is but frontline is way less stressful to me than WoW PvP. I think it might be the simplified PvP ability set, and maybe the 3-way fight nature of it?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Roegadyn
    Neat. Former Blizzard Dev visits Square, gives a gift from Blizzard to YoshiP

edit:

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah I'm not sure why it is but frontline is way less stressful to me than WoW PvP. I think it might be the simplified PvP ability set, and maybe the 3-way fight nature of it?

personally, 3 way fights make it very easy to go "Oh well obviously we didn't win because the other losing team just spent all their time focusing us like fools, I couldn't possibly have done anything better, it's not my fault in any way"

which is good

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    Except when that definitely is why one team won, then it's very annoying. Like, end scores of 200/600/1600 and shit.

Anyway, I didn't think PvP was stressful till I started trying to get the Garo mounts which you have to get wins to unlock and now I hate it

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »
    Except when that definitely is why one team won, then it's very annoying. Like, end scores of 200/600/1600 and shit.

Anyway, I didn't think PvP was stressful till I started trying to get the Garo mounts which you have to get wins to unlock and now I hate it

Yeah, the frontlines wins part of that always sucked. The feast wins weren't bad back when it was an 8v8 battle on a tiny map - sheer chaos and basically flipping a coin. And no queue times that first week of Stormblood when everyone was spamming it for xp.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I’m going to not worry about getting the mounts, and just do it for the dyeable gear (I want to paint that gun), so I should be fine on that front.

Roegadyn
    The problem is I got one so now my brain is like "well, I should probably finish the set"

But I'm barely playing at all while waiting on the patch as is, idk when I'd ever get 23+ Feast wins.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well, I tried actually doing a PVP today. Specifically, the daily Frontlines mission.

And it was... a lot less stressful than I imagined. I lost 3 times in a row, sure, but it was a generally neat sort of thing, with a mission-based structure instead of raw focus on fighting the enemy team. It’s what I figure a MOBA is set up like, from what I’ve heard of that genre. I can see me going back to it, and using it to get the good dyeable versions of the Garo weapons before they go away. Not bad.

Frontlines is more structured RvR PVP. There are actual MOBA format PVP fights, and one of them is currently mogtome certified.

the queue times for rival wings are a fucking nightmare tho

liEt3nH.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    the queue times for rival wings are a fucking nightmare tho

Yeah, it needs to get added to the frontlines rotation.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the problem with rival wings is that, from what I understand, the queues for it are just fine in japan, so the devs don't really see it as an issue, though they've never explicitly confirmed this

it is a fact that the queues are totally chill in japan yeah

liEt3nH.png
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    There is a community effort to breathe some life back into Rival Wings called Revival Wings. Games are scheduled for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    There is a community effort to breathe some life back into Rival Wings called Revival Wings. Games are scheduled for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Latest announcement regarding Revival Wings:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/dbv9sb/revival_wings_community_announcement_10119/
    5vo7o2bhxxp31.png
    Hello everyone! Kiria here from the Revival Wings discord with the "monthly" community update. Majority of our gatherings were very active yesterday with queues lasting for roughly 8 hours from their initial start time. The Moogle Treasure Trove event has begun allowing players to obtain a plethora of prizes by collecting and exchanging special tomes. Along with many other activities Rival Wings happens to be one of the activities that will reward the tomes for players that participate. With the Garo event soon coming to an end and the launch of The Moogle Treasure Trove event there isn't a better time to participate in Rival Wings to get all of the rewards.

Queue Times

NA Data Centers (Aether/Primal/Crystal) - 8 PM EST

EU Data Centers (Chaos/Light) - 6 PM ST/GMT

JP Data Centers (Elemental/Gaia/Mana) - 8/9 PM JST

GUIDES
    Official Hidden Gorge Play Guide

"Avoiding Train Wrecks" An In-depth Hidden Gorge Guide

Rival Wings Guide: Primary Objectives and Mechs

That's all I have to share for this community's "monthly" update. As always if you have any questions feel free to ask! If you'd like to stay up to date with all our announcements and other news I'd highly recommend joining our discord. With over 6800 members newcomers and veterans alike are all welcome to join!

Revival Wings Discord

https://discord.gg/WYMpfYp

Frequently Asked Questions

“What is Rival Wings?”

Rival Wings is a large-scale PvP battle with powerful goblin-made war machina involving up to 48 combatants. Participants are divided into two teams “The Falcons” and “The Ravens” both comprised of six light parties each.

The first team to destroy the core located on the opponent's base will be declared the winner.

“How do I unlock Rival Wings?”

Players can unlock the mode “Hidden Gorge” by completing the quest “Earning Your Wings” which can be obtained from the NPC Softknox at the Wolves' Den Pier (players must be at least level 30 and have unlocked a job to start the quest).

“What are the rewards for participating?”

Players will receive EXP, Wolf Marks, and Allagan Tomestones for participating. Those who emerge victorious in Rival Wings campaigns earn double the reward along with achievements that reward unique titles and special mounts.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Got BLM to 80 and blew up a bird lady to celebrate.
    kgiNobO.png

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    It suddenly occurs to me that 1/6th of my inventory is currently taken up by lugging around various fishing lures on a "just in case I need this one" basis.
    FW17e2z.jpg

Are some of these made completely redundant by higher-level baits and I can trim this down to just 1-2 per fishing hole category, or are fish out there extremely picky and only want the exact bait they like?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    SabreMau wrote: »
    It suddenly occurs to me that 1/6th of my inventory is currently taken up by lugging around various fishing lures on a "just in case I need this one" basis.
    FW17e2z.jpg

Are some of these made completely redundant by higher-level baits and I can trim this down to just 1-2 per fishing hole category, or are fish out there extremely picky and only want the exact bait they like?

Some fish are so impossibly specific to certain conditions that I can't imagine anyone would have ever found them without the game's fishing log to have pointed them towards it - especially the white scrip fish. Like, this fish only shows up between 8AM-4PM Eorzea time and only if it also happens to be stormy and also only if you Mooch off of another fish that only bites baits that you can only get with white scrips.... yeah fuck off mate I'd rather just set ffivclock to tell me when the next Petalite spawns.

But for all practical purposes you are just fine tossing anything that isn't a scrip bait/lure or ones you use frequently. Vendor baits are dirt cheap enough you can just buy them as you need them - if you ever end up needing them.

Roegadyn
    Upcoming changes to mentorship are coming:

* Battle/trade mentors will be separate categories, and trade mentorship will not qualify you for the mentor roulette.
    * Battle mentors will be required to have 1.5k commendations.
    * All current mentors will have to requalify when 5.1 releases.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Miqo'te
    they were videos of dance routines set to the intro to the twinning's BGM, with the dance getting really energetic when the full instrumentation hits

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    preview of 5.1 UI changes (with a small hint for future blue mage stuff)
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002862.html

additional housing added to 5.1
    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5793bca16295d1553d7c3a428de225f833b8c3e6

and the next live letter has been announced for the 18th, which more or less confirms 5.1's release as the 29th, since patches traditionally drop 11 days after the second live letter about them

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    FW17e2z.jpg

I jam all my fishing stuff in the saddlebag, so it's still always handy if I need it without taking up any "regular" inventory space.
    Still takes up a lot of space that could be used for other stuff, though.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Miqo'te
    So it looks like one of my favorite memes has been recreated with FF14 staff. Spoilered for big.
    4dj8rlubkjq31.png

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Skeith wrote: »
    So it looks like one of my favorite memes has been recreated with FF14 staff. Spoilered for big.
    4dj8rlubkjq31.png

Glamour is the true endgame.

Roegadyn
    This Fantasia has been burning a hole in my inventory for months

Everytime I see a Viera I almost do it

But I love my giant buff femroe so much...

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Also, I now have The Professional title unlocked on two separate characters.
    gEdCmGF.jpg

SabreMau on
    Miqo'te
    god damn it sabre :lol:

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    I don't know if I'll ever want to level 2 characters, as much as I like the look of multiple races.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    I don't know if I'll ever want to level 2 characters, as much as I like the look of multiple races.
    Yeah I have done alts in WoW but the idea of going through the entire giant levelling process would drive me nuts

CYpGAPn.png
    Miqo'te
    and the job system renders it pretty pointless mechanically

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.