As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So, am back to following by box score until I finish work.

Titans/Bills looks like a barn burner.

Also, Bears, whaddafuq?

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    MorganV wrote: »

Also, Bears, whaddafuq?

Both the O and D lines for the Raiders are dominating the Bears.

Plus the Bears offense is really screwing up with the play calling. And probably the strangest thing of all is that Chicago is doing a terrible job of tackling so far.

Marathon on
    Marathon wrote: »

Also, Bears, whaddafuq?

Both the O and D lines for the Raiders are dominating the Bears.

I can accept Oakland's D stymying the Chase Daniels O. But I thought the Bears D was for real? Bad day, or did Gruden spike their Gatorade?

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

No.

Allen needs to learn to slide but that happens to Brady and it's a fine. If they want to take concussions and helmet to helmet shit seriously they need to be consistent.

You're right, they should be consistent. It shouldn't even have been a penalty.

Also, what's the deal with only two afternoon games? Usually it's 4 or so, maybe 3 on a heavy bye week.

Did they just go "Fuck it, everyone is gonna watch Cowboys/Packers, so we'll put up a Chargers/Broncos game of who gives a fuck, and save the effort."?

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Fox is totally trying to rig the London ratings, yeah? Like, no one outside of Chicago, Oakland, and Vegas actually want to watch the Chase Daniel led Bears and the Grudenites.

Carpy wrote: »
    Fox is totally trying to rig the London ratings, yeah? Like, no one outside of Chicago, Oakland, and Vegas actually want to watch the Chase Daniel led Bears and the Grudenites.

But wouldn't it get better ratings if like most London games, they started it at 10am? That'd get more eyeballs.

Or are you saying they're trying to Dolphin the ratings (sorry, Rick), so they don't have to do London games?

And don't the NFL schedule the start times?

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

You say this like Chicago and Oakland aren’t some of the biggest media markets in the country.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    The Bears-Raiders game is better than it has any right to be.

Daniels looks like a better game manager than Trubisky.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Via Deadspin:
    Behold the coaching genius of Adam Gase, who was so confident that Sam Darnold would recover from mononucleosis at a rate faster than most doctors would recommend—and not say something like “I want to make sure that I’m safe out there and I’m not going to die”—that he just flat out ignored the actually healthy Luke Falk and didn’t give him any first-team reps in practice until Friday.

On a related note, my opponent in fantasy this week is starting the Eagles Defense and I'm getting murdered.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    The Bears-Raiders game is better than it has any right to be.

Daniels looks like a better game manager than Trubisky.

And also conveniently fits in most overhead storage bins.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    Adam Archuleta calling Allen's game sealing first down run "and that's the banana in the tailpipe".

Love me a good Eddie Murphy reference but I'm betting some people might not get it.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    These are the Cowboys I expect.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Also, what's the deal with only two afternoon games? Usually it's 4 or so, maybe 3 on a heavy bye week.

Did they just go "Fuck it, everyone is gonna watch Cowboys/Packers, so we'll put up a Chargers/Broncos game of who gives a fuck, and save the effort."?
    Well, the Niners home game is on MNF. On a regular week, it would also be a 4pm game.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Gyral wrote: »

Well, the Niners home game is on MNF. On a regular week, it would also be a 4pm game.

Pacific time zone games are 99% always the afternoon game. If the Oakland game was in California it would be a late game.

Today is a result bye week, London, and scheduling bullshit that makes sports networks think Dallas is the game everybody wants to watch.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2019

Pacific time zone games are 99% always the afternoon game. If the Oakland game was in California it would be a late game.

Today is a result bye week, London, and scheduling bullshit that makes sports networks think Dallas is the game everybody wants to watch.

Given that the Packers O is in good form, the Packers D is in great form, and the Cowboys are eating it hard, I'd say it's a game everyone wants to watch. :)

I know it's a game I want to watch.

EDIT: Fuck me, I'm a jinx. Great play, though.

MorganV on
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I just thought of something. I have Verizon with the NFL app, and a VPN. Can I use my VPN to log into a miami/Florida location and watch Miami play? Have I not realized this?

Given that the Packers O is in good form, the Packers D is in great form, and the Cowboys are eating it hard, I'd say it's a game everyone wants to watch. :)

Hate-watching a team has to be exhausting.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I just thought of something. I have Verizon with the NFL app, and a VPN. Can I use my VPN to log into a miami/Florida location and watch Miami play? Have I not realized this?

Do you really want to watch Miami lose some more? I mean, really? Dont torture yourself, Rick.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Do you really want to watch Miami lose some more? I mean, really? Dont torture yourself, Rick.

Eh I just want to see how some of these young players play. Our new #1 receiver is worth watching and I'm curious how Rosen looks. Plus, they've been good in the first half!

Hate-watching a team has to be exhausting.

Not really hatewatching. I like watching the Packers, when they're not eating it hard themselves. Seeing them do it against an admittedly good Cowboys team is encouraging that maybe they can make another run. Rodgers deserves another chance to get a ring, without Beav getting in the way.

That it's the Cowboys on the other side is just gravy for me.

As long as Dak stays healthy, and that D keeps up, they're going to be OK. But I like my heroes (for want of a better name), but I like having villains (again, for want of a better), and Cowboys fit that narrative. Just like I hate Collingwood in Australian Rules, Cowboys are the Collingwood of the NFL.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Via Deadspin:
    Behold the coaching genius of Adam Gase, who was so confident that Sam Darnold would recover from mononucleosis at a rate faster than most doctors would recommend—and not say something like “I want to make sure that I’m safe out there and I’m not going to die”—that he just flat out ignored the actually healthy Luke Falk and didn’t give him any first-team reps in practice until Friday.

On a related note, my opponent in fantasy this week is starting the Eagles Defense and I'm getting murdered.

Mine too, I went from having a 44% chance to win with a 5pt differential to having an 11% chance to win and losing by 30.

Then the Green Bay game started and Aaron Jones evened it up for me with a likewise ridiculous game.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Will Fuller is also a fantasy god this week

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Had Will Fuller and Aaron Jones on my fantasy team. Needless to say...I'm kind of winning.

Also great to see the Packers win, especially against the Cowboys...because fuck 'em.

camo_sig2.png
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Dallas is a .500 team that benefited from playing three sorry teams early.
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Eh I just want to see how some of these young players play. Our new #1 receiver is worth watching and I'm curious how Rosen looks. Plus, they've been good in the first half!

Just quit watching after halftime, you dont need to see what happens next. I've been a Miami fan since 84, and I'm just hoping they get the picks they need to go back to their glory days from 20 years ago.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Weird ass PI call and then it got upheld? Some obscure rule I’m forgetting?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Weird ass PI call and then it got upheld? Some obscure rule I’m forgetting?

Ya I thought that was a pretty bs call. Was shocked it got upheld.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Like father, like son: Bill Callahan is taking over Gruden's job.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    It's like the dumbest slow-motion train wreck. And it's entirely possible that the only person on the planet who couldn't see it coming is the owner of the team.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Huh.
    Tox wrote: »

They forgot to say he was called in at 5 AM today.

Anyone surprised that Washington just had to fire him at 5 AM today and not just finish it yesterday?

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    (Dull) surprise.

I dunno if he knew it was coming or not, but I would be pretty pissed if I was called into the office at 5am, by someone intending to fire me.

I'm talking "You don’t want a scene? I'll show you a fucking scene!" level annoyed.

I mean, I know these guys are 'different', but there's a basic level of respect that even the nominally human deserve.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dan Snyder left nominally human behind many years ago

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Washington should just not have a coach for this week. Its their best chance to lose against Miami

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Washington should just not have a coach for this week. Its their best chance to lose against Miami

As a resident of Maryland, it matters little who is at the wheel. The bus drove off a cliff a long time ago.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

As a resident of Maryland, it matters little who is at the wheel. The bus drove off a cliff a long time ago.

O'doyle RULEZZZZZZ!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

Yeah, this week is going to be interesting in who is going to do the least they can, without giving away that they're intentionally tanking.

22 players on the field doing the "Peter Griffin shin" thing for 60 minutes?

An "unintentional" fumble that has both sides trying to kick it out the back of their own endzone?

Or, if a player decides "Fuck it" and breaks protocol, they get tackled by their own team. I know you're down when you're tackled by your opponent, and you're down when you clearly voluntarily give yourself up (ie, slide), but can you be downed by a team mate clearly giving you up?

I know I'm being a little facetious, but the winner of this game is basically conceeding that they're not getting the 1st round draft pick. Maybe they should do that old riddle about the slow horse ride, and just trade each other's first round picks? So the team that wins gets the earlier pick.

Anyway, it's the most intriguing for the wrong reason game in a while.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Yeah, this week is going to be interesting in who is going to do the least they can, without giving away that they're intentionally tanking.

An "unintentional" fumble that has both sides trying to kick it out the back of their own endzone?

Or, if a player decides "Fuck it" and breaks protocol, they get tackled by their own team. I know you're down when you're tackled by your opponent, and you're down when you clearly voluntarily give yourself up (ie, slide), but can you be downed by a team mate clearly giving you up?

I know I'm being a little facetious, but the winner of this game is basically conceeding that they're not getting the 1st round draft pick. Maybe they should do that old riddle about the slow horse ride, and just trade each other's first round picks? So the team that wins gets the earlier pick.

There’s also a Bengals/Dolphins and 2 Dolphins/Jets games this season

There’s also a Bengals/Dolphins and 2 Dolphins/Jets games this season

I know, but any win is likely to place that team out of the running for the 1st pick. I fully expect one team to go 0-16 this year. I honestly can't recall seeing so many different teams sucking quite THIS hard.

With the exception of the Jets, who will be actively trying once they get Darnold back, I can honestly see the only reason there's not three 0-16 teams, is because they'll have had to play each other. Sure, they may accidentally win a game, but they're just THAT bad.

And it's weird that neither the Browns or Lions are on that list.