As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    DQ Silver Keys gave me Serena. It's a good TMR, but I would've preferred one of the others.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Guys, I really am hoping I pull a second Shadowlord soon so I can use him. I like his sprite a lot and I'm getting bored of Aloha Lasswell already.
    I will go ahead and fully pot and enhance mine tonight for people to try out. I'm hoping he's a bonus unit for the arena this week too. That would be nice.

Sadly this week is another week of new rainbows only. Its Firion, Leon, or a DQ unit.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Guys, I really am hoping I pull a second Shadowlord soon so I can use him. I like his sprite a lot and I'm getting bored of Aloha Lasswell already.
    I will go ahead and fully pot and enhance mine tonight for people to try out. I'm hoping he's a bonus unit for the arena this week too. That would be nice.

Sadly this week is another week of new rainbows only. Its Firion, Leon, or a DQ unit.
    Boo! Oh well... Shadowlord decked out on tab 2. I don't know if I want to give him Daybreak and remove it from Elena. The builder said give him 2h GS and ignore his TMR passive.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I picked up Veronica from the key summon. That tmr bumped Mordegon up to almost 3k magic.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Looks like we're getting a new 40M DL banner on Monday. 4k lapis and (speculation, based on banner art) 1 guaranteed Rainbow, likely from the limited pool of newer units (plus fan festa units, plus upgraded units like Kryla). It's limited to one pull per player, and will give summon coins that will let you summon ANY of the limited rainbow pool.

I'm definitely doing it. 4k for a random rainbow and guaranteed 4th Malphasie for her bonkers STMR? Yes please.

Edit: Haha nevermind, 4k is just the first step. There are three more steps of 5k each for a total of 19k for the unit of choice. Skiparoo!

Cruor on
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    DQ MK 5* ticket was Tsukiko #1. Not worth a UoC, but I'll be happy if I can pick up a 2nd

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Where is SL in the DPS rankings now?

Magus` wrote: »
    Where is SL in the DPS rankings now?
    Reddit has him placed around A. Lasswell levels of damage.

My current strongest is Esther, I think.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I used some tickets on the FF2 banner. The first one came out Wild Rose Firion. I then spent another 15 or so, with no luck. Should've quit while I was ahead.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah this FF2 banner is a trap right? Only 3* and 5* units so there's no real reason to pull hard.

So I pulled on the 9,000 lapis banner. Of note I got my first Karlette and Sylvie #3 and 4. That STMR seems pretty good?

Did a 4+ EX ticket today which shattered into a rainbow for Karlette #2. RNG is weird.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah this FF2 banner is a trap right? Only 3* and 5* units so there's no real reason to pull hard.

Yeah I threw 2 4* tickets before I realized there were no 4* units lol. A couple 3* tickets got me a 3rd Maria, so I'll just run with all 3* units and Esther. I can grab Firion's TMR moogle from the shop. Might be a good replacement on Randi.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah I threw 2 4* tickets before I realized there were no 4* units lol. A couple 3* tickets got me a 3rd Maria, so I'll just run with all 3* units and Esther. I can grab Firion's TMR moogle from the shop. Might be a good replacement on Randi.

If you have Randi's STMR, Firion's TMR will be BiS for him.

• AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    No bonus units from my pulls(about 40 *3 and *4) this morning. This is going to be a loooong grind for that UoC ticket.

I used 5 4* tickets to see if I could get a rainbow. I did on the second, but it was just Tidus #4. I think I'll actually end up using a prism moogle for this event to get Randi a nice new sword.

Festive Raffle ticket today got me 300 lapis and a 5* EX ticket. Pulled Duke#2. Yeah, ok, I'll take another 7*. I'm over 90 now so whenever we get expert missions I'll get all of the UoCs immediately, which is nice.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I use a handful of 3* tickets and got 0 on banner units. I had one shatter to rainbow which was Loren #4 so I'll get a nice sword out of it.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Did that four 5* pull. Nagi, Edgar, Yuraisha, and Yuraisha. Ok then.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I used up the dozen or so EX tickets accrued from the 40M raffles. I got Queen #4 from a 3* EX and my 5* EX was Reberta #2. Pretty happy with those pulls! I don't have any of the TDW gear to make her great, but I have CG Lightning and Bartz TM moogles. I could burn 10k trust coins to get a blank prism. Not sure what to do with her, but she's leveled and potted.

I used up the dozen or so EX tickets accrued from the 40M raffles. I got Queen #4 from a 3* EX and my 5* EX was Reberta #2. Pretty happy with those pulls! I don't have any of the TDW gear to make her great, but I have CG Lightning and Bartz TM moogles. I could burn 10k trust coins to get a blank prism. Not sure what to do with her, but she's leveled and potted.

Reberta was supposed to get another round of upgrades "in the future" so...she may get better? Right now she can rock either a jump build (with finicky timing for capping her chainjump) or you can build her for LB damage, which does around Esther/Zeno levels of damage.

I gotta say that I'm pretty happy with the Reberta/Randi combo. Both being able to triple cast a lightning element BS attack is great. I almost never use Esther anymore.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That was weird, I just had three bonus rounds on LGD.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I am still farming the DQ MK event. I should finish that today then I will start working on FF2. There should be more people with leveled bonus units by then anyway.

edited October 2019
    I finished it last night. Didn’t realize there were silver and gold keys. Thought i could pick a unit but in typical Gumi fashion, it’s all rng. Ended up with Veronica, which is fine. It was between her or eleven anyways.

Now on to the next mk grind.

Trajan45 on
    I had three summon tickets left over and had a feeling (I think you know where this is going...), so I decided to use them. First one drops rainbow for Wilhelm#1. Finally, I join the mustache club! Second ticket was trash, but the third ALSO dropped rainbow for Jiraiya#3. Not the best, but still, two rainbows out of three tickets is silly.

Had 5 4* tickets left. Threw them at the banner to see if i could save a blank TMR container for Firion. Got 1 rainbow, Veritas of the flame.

Can’t wait for my lapis sub to expire in 14 days so i can take a break.

Yeah, the off-banner rate in this game is stupid. Had I been angling for Firion/Leon I'd have been rather upset at getting two off-banner dudes. As is, though, I was just happy to get rainbows at all.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    This week I got a new position at my job, that made it impossible for me to play the game, and the week before I had to set up my former position for the new person filling it.

So needless to say I totally skipped the DQ event and I will try to grind the FFII event for the UoC. I have 4 guys that I saved only for this. I don't see a lot of bonus units on my friend lists. :/

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Four rainbow pull was Elena #1, Elena #2(sweet, because I really wanted her), Akstar #1, Jecht #2.

My Elena is hovering around 2k each for Mag and Atk with 13000+ HP. Finally figured out the new friend's list setting. So I have Hyoh or Elena as options for people. Not really sure how to maximize either one's damage though.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Four rainbow pull was Elena #1, Elena #2(sweet, because I really wanted her), Akstar #1, Jecht #2.

My Elena is hovering around 2k each for Mag and Atk with 13000+ HP. Finally figured out the new friend's list setting. So I have Hyoh or Elena as options for people. Not really sure how to maximize either one's damage though.

Run them through FFBEEquip.com. Though I wouldn't bother with Hyoh. He's been hilariously powercrept.

[edit] If you're talking about their rotations, I tend to go the rankings spreadsheet some guys on reddit have set up. To rank damage properly, they need optimal rotations, which are also listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14EirlM0ejFfm3fmeJjDg59fEJkqhkIbONPll5baPPvU/edit?usp=sharing

TeaSpoon on
    DQ silver keys got me Eleven. I am happy with that. He was my first choice anyway.

Festive Raffle ticket gave me a 5* ticket, which summoned Veritas of the Dark#4. I'll take that armor, thanks! If I pull one more Flamelord I'll complete my collection of Veritas armors.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I got Yego #3 from a 4* EX ticket. Gumi, make a whip user that's actually good. Do it.

300 lapis and 4* EX for me.

I'm so thankful that there are only 3 rounds in this MK event. Makes burning energy really easy.

Raffle was 500 lapis and 5 STMR tickets for me. Slowly closing in on another STMR moogle that I won't use.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Raffle was 500 lapis and 5 STMR tickets for me. Slowly closing in on another STMR moogle that I won't use.

Hey I got the same thing. I'm also super close, but I'm excited because once I have a spare, I won't mind using the STMR moogle on something stupid since I'll always have a backup for the next surprise meta STMR.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    That's what I got also. At 65/100 for STMR tickets so edging closer.

Got 300 lapis and STMR tickets. Daily half price reformed rainbow, Onion Knight #2.

I can literally imagine the minor excitement if I had pulled a banner unit and how even if they aren't good or are only .5 of a whole, that excitement would have probably kept me going for a bit longer. Instead, I'm just that much more ready to quit. I'll probably keep it installed for any long wait doctor visits or something where I can start moving through the story.

My MK 5* ticket was Emperor #3. I just pulled #2 of him the previous week. I won't mind eventually getting his stmr.