As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Apple Arcade and other phone games

2»

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What The Golf is extremely good and funny

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    What's the word on compatibility with different phone models? I've got an iPhone SE, do I have to worry about some games running like ass?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    What's the word on compatibility with different phone models? I've got an iPhone SE, do I have to worry about some games running like ass?

I think at this point it’s more a worry that games won’t run *at all* on an SE.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Personally, I have been playing a lot of Ascension over the past more-than-8-years.

Ted53NH.png
    ZVKClz9.png

It’s a deck building game, and you can do up to 4 player asynchronous. My college friends and I have been playing the various decks and it’s been a great way to keep playing games even though we’re all over the country with non-matching schedules.

I think the base deck is free, and further expansions can be purchased from the App Store. And because it’s a deck building game (like Dominion) there’s no paying to win, just some strategy and some luck.

If anybody has it or gets it, my name in there is the same as here and I’d be happy to play.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

I think at this point it’s more a worry that games won’t run *at all* on an SE.

this is what I'm wondering. It says compatible but I don't trust it

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dream-quest/id870227884

DECK BUILDING ROGUELIKE! DECK BUILDING ROGUELIKE! PROGRESSIVE PROGRESS! UNLOCK CARDS WITH ACHIEVEMENTS, CAN'T BEAT THE ACHIEVEMENTS? GET INGAME POINTS AND SPEND THEM ON ONES YOU CAN'T BEAT TO UNLOCK CARDS ANYWAYS! NO ENERGY, ENDLESS REPLAYABILITY! REQUIRES NO INTERNET CONNECTION AND HAS A SMALL FILE SIZE! UNIQUE CHARACTERS THAT ALTER GAMEPLAY DRASTICALLY!

The art is by the creator's kid so like, it looks about as great as Mount n' Blade does, but everything else about it inspired Slay The Spire, and the creator was hired by Blizzard to make the Dungeons in Hearthstone, and also one of the creators of MTG commented that this was one of smartest games of our lifetime.

I will FOREVER suggest this game everyone alive because it is so dang good.

Oh and uh, this is good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOoB64QuOWA

It's on iOS and steam too, and has MULTIPLAYER and a custom character creator!

And taken from another thread I posted in.

"Touch Arcade .com has been a good resource for me for years but off the time of my head these are some games that are always on my phone at one point or another.

Hoplite (iOS), The Siralim series, (some dudes made the perfect Dragon Warriors Monsters homage multiple times and its AMAZING.), Pixel Dungeon (A DECENT roguelike) Vainglory (The best MOBA on mobile to date, I mean seriously, you'll never go back to a moba game that isn't mobile ever again. Being able to use a touch screen for a moba game IS ULTIMATE KITING EZ MODE)

This is just what I can remember, I've been playing mobile games forever and NONE of the games I listed are freemium things that have energy or "3 starred" missions. I've sunk at least 1000 hours into Dream Quest too. Cleared it three times completely to date. (It's the grand pappy of Slay the Spire and the dungeon runs of Hearthstone.)"

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB7SLWjL4ok

Ticket to Earth is part line-matching, part turn-based RPG and legit rules. Only thing is that the final episode isn't out yet, but I got a ton of hours out of the first 3 episodes so I'm not complaining.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Single player recommendo: Captain Cowboy

1-4 player long-ish game: Polytopia

2-8 player short game: SpaceTeam

All free without annoying monetization systems, all frankly way too fun, check em out

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    If I sign up for the free trial and then quit do I lose progress in the games Ive played?

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Is Apple Arcade worth it if you've just got an iPad and not an iPhone? That's my situation.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Is Apple Arcade worth it if you've just got an iPad and not an iPhone? That's my situation.

For sure. It's probably better with an iPad than a phone. Biggest thing is getting a blue tooth controller to play a lot of the games.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This new Pilgrim game is beautiful to look at. it is a little simple adventure game type gameplay but by god it is pretty.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grindstone is super good

It's getting tough where I'm at though, but it is super satisfying when you manage to get though a level and get all the goals.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »

For sure. It's probably better with an iPad than a phone. Biggest thing is getting a blue tooth controller to play a lot of the games.

Ok cool, I was thinking that the games selection might skew more towards games that are more playable on a phone. I guess I should check it out.