As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Honestly the thing I miss most going from Zane to Amara is the personality. Zane was insane from start to finish and great fun. Amara feels much more generic in comparison. “I feel a bit sick” vs. “That’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. ...LET’S DO IT AGAIN!!!!”

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    He is from a bandit family.

Is Sparky dead?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Reached level 48. So close to 50.

Digiclone with E-Gone laser triggers the special effect if you use the gun too. So many DoTs.

What happens when you cross the streams?

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Honestly the thing I miss most going from Zane to Amara is the personality. Zane was insane from start to finish and great fun. Amara feels much more generic in comparison. “I feel a bit sick” vs. “That’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. ...LET’S DO IT AGAIN!!!!”

Yeah that’s why I stuck with him when I tried him after moze. I also enjoy his dedication to the that’s my middle name gimmick , Zane ____ Flynt .

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    You couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

The real high light are his digiclone lines

That handsome fook was making eyes at your sister!

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Wow Veronica is kind of awful to Claptrap huh?

Like you don't have to date the guy but you could say thanks at least

To be fair, she's been stuck in his room up until the point he puts in her higher-thinking part. Who knows what stupid things he's been saying to her this whole time while we've been getting the rest of her parts.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

The real high light are his digiclone lines

That handsome fook was making eyes at your sister!

Everyone get the new guy!

...Idiots.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Just finished the game and turned it to TVHM and Mayhem 2. This is fun.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots

Yeah that’s why I stuck with him when I tried him after moze. I also enjoy his dedication to the that’s my middle name gimmick , Zane ____ Flynt .

Given his family it is equally possible that those are all actually his middle names or he’s just making it up

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Getting an orange Loot o Gram and redeeming it for a white gun seems... unnecessary.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Getting an orange Loot o Gram and redeeming it for a white gun seems... unnecessary.

Thats the joke apparently. Its supposed to be an engram from destiny

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Having fun with Zane cryo/shield build at level 26 and about to take on Aurelia. I hate this fight. Also a shout out to Pain and Terror quest line. Just did that yesterday on my FL4K (cheating offline) and it was pretty brilliant. It was just more and more shit and then more shit until I reached the final boss. Awesome!

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck

Maybe it's just cause I've gotten old but the humor in this game really doesn't click like Borderlands 1 did.

Having fun with Zane cryo/shield build at level 26 and about to take on Aurelia. I hate this fight. Also a shout out to Pain and Terror quest line. Just did that yesterday on my FL4K (cheating offline) and it was pretty brilliant. It was just more and more shit and then more shit until I reached the final boss. Awesome!

Really , what gave you trouble in the Aurelia fight ?I remember just having to keep shooting the ice so she doesn’t regenerate shields. This was as a drone /clone build , I had the shield but I was told it didn’t really scale at all so I just went for damage.

Maybe it's just cause I've gotten old but the humor in this game really doesn't click like Borderlands 1 did.

I think its more the writers here wanted to tell a bigger story. They failed miserably of course but the humor suffered a bit.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

Really , what gave you trouble in the Aurelia fight ?I remember just having to keep shooting the ice so she doesn’t regenerate shields. This was as a drone /clone build , I had the shield but I was told it didn’t really scale at all so I just went for damage.

I've only done it twice with FL4K and Amara and I suppose I just need to learn the fight. I just remember it being a chore and dying a lot. Luckily now you've told me the trick so it should be easy. Hi5.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    edited October 2019
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Reached level 48. So close to 50.

Digiclone with E-Gone laser triggers the special effect if you use the gun too. So many DoTs.

What happens when you cross the streams?

So far I play solo, Zane + digiclone trigger DoTs from the other elements.

Maybe those get bigger if you have more players using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wrEEd1ajz4

Also Amber Management, another gun from the robots' quests, is an automatic incendiary Torgue rifle.

2nd mode heals but I don't understand how it works.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Having my 3600 capacity shield turn into 18,000 capacity via Moze's middle tree is magical.

Also, my shield has +10% move speed, my relic has +5% and my friend's Amara has the group +move speed kill skill, and there's some kind of bug there because after it triggers a couple times my move speed is permanently at +30-40%, which is excellent.

s7Imn5J.png
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Hit 50 on my Moze, and I got a Westergun from Private Beans. At first I wasn't going to use it, since I'm all in for Torgue. But this thing has splash damage, and that's what's truly important. It's a pretty good gun. Not sure if it has any other element variants, but mine is Cryo / Radiation

Forbes does a lot of articles per minute on anything. That guy is kinda their Destiny blogger.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    So question for people who've finished:
    Did the fight with the Twin Gods seem boring to anyone else? Like they each had one trick and once you worked it out the fights were cakewalks. I thought the General Truant fight was more fun.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Strafing is a classic strategy in FPSs. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Hmm maliwan shotguns and smgs still feel good . Half a second of charge and then it goes full auto. In other news having fun with Zane . He feels real good when he has both the drone and decoy out .

SMG/pitols/shotguns are pretty good. Their sniper rifle are freaking WEEIRRRRD. I got a legendary one that's useful but mostly because it does an aoe around where the shot lands and since its weird charged full auto you are not getting a ton of crits with it but the damage is solid anyway.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Forbes has been covering games for a long time now. They aren't really any good at it but it's definitely not a new thing.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Butters wrote: »

Forbes has been covering games for a long time now. They aren't really any good at it but it's definitely not a new thing.

Something I learned around here is the Forbes website is essentially an open blog platform. Take a look at the byline, it just says "contributor".

Gamergate used the site to try and suggest there views are a lot more widely held than they are vis a vi the Forbes brand.

The rare spawn event is up.

Notably Red Jabber in ambermire will have a high chance of dropping random orange grenade mods if you're looking for rare prefixes

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is there a resource somewhere that has a detailed explanation of parts, prefixes, drop rates, etc...? Basically item mechanics?

For two there is and it’s a bunch of images with all the possible parts and their effects. Don’t think people have had long enough to go through everything for three. Their will be eventually I’m sure.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Currently stuck in Slaughterdome 3000.

One mob has no health but refuses to die, I miss the days where games werent randomly broken all the time.

Sirialis wrote: »
    Currently stuck in Slaughterdome 3000.

One mob has no health but refuses to die, I miss the days where games werent randomly broken all the time.

Well circle of slaughter was always a buggy mess

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Finished it by literally pushing him over the edge with Hellwalker.

Shooting Range was kinda tough because the targets are hard to spot but finished it and got Ultimate Vault Hunter too.

Sirialis on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I discovered the secret to getting the legendary mod I wanted - Give up.

I quit trying, respecced to my 45k shield build when I got home, and got not one but two. One from Troy and the other from Megamind in back-to-back drops.

So, when all else fails, quit trying and you will be rewarded.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    The rare spawn event is up.

Notably Red Jabber in ambermire will have a high chance of dropping random orange grenade mods if you're looking for rare prefixes

Unless I am mistaken, it is not actually live until tomorrow morning, 9 PST on October 8th.

Here's to hoping it's not as crappy as the boss event was, where I didn't notice a difference in the least.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    I don't think a Zane mod exists that has boom enhance on it so I'm gonna sit back and wait to see what patches do for him.

I'm still salty AF that my bank got wiped.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Doubt that skill is ever gonna go beyond a 3 grenades buff.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Sonthe Halloween challenge event is going into November?

That seems off. Id rather have had that first then these crappy filler event until its time for Maliwan takeover and DLC1.

If anyone is curious I started tvhm as soon as I beat normal and I hit 50 in the later parts of the second trip to Promethea. Also it was no real problem as zane so i won’t worry about difficulty with the more meta characters just dive in . Now to finish all missions and farm gear.

VH clear out a bandit camp
    * 3 annointed and 6 rocket dudes spawn*
    *quits game*