As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Reports are that Joe Maddon will be going to Anaheim to manage the Angels.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    man the Twins have managed the end of this elimination game like they really really really did not want to risk having to play tomorrow

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Angry wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The Astros are still around, and they have a terrifying pitching staff

They have the second best offense by wrc+ in history.

they're disgusting is what they are

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    man the Twins have managed the end of this elimination game like they really really really did not want to risk having to play tomorrow

They've had the Yankees in so many tight spots and have just been ground down by good defense. They should absolutely still be up and the Yankees who are so high powered have instead mostly just beat em with small ball.

Honestly after the first five innings it must have felt borderline helpless

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Well, that was a fun season, at least!

We'll see if we can get close to here again

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think the Twins will be back. They have a lot of good, young, controllable players

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think the Twins will be back. They have a lot of good, young, controllable players

And then they’ll match up with the Yankees in the playoffs again.

• Options
    A complete removal of expectations is the only way to stay sane as a Minnesota sports fan and not be consumed by the particular type of disappointment that comes with being a perennial also-ran in every sport

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

The Indians will remain the only remotely relevant team in the division for the next couple years so they will still have a base to push for a wildcard for the foreseeable future.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The whitesox are not far away from being really good and have and are willing to spend vast amounts of money.

Cleveland will also likely try their hardest to trade Lindor this offseason because their owners dont care about competing.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

The Indians will remain the only remotely relevant team in the division for the next couple years so they will still have a base to push for a wildcard for the foreseeable future.

Hey now. The Royals only need 3 starters, a bullpen, and a first baseman that can hit.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    expendable wrote: »

Hey now. The Royals only need 3 starters, a bullpen, and a first baseman that can hit.

It's a fool's errand to count on Jorge Soler

• Options

Merrifield, Dozier, Mondesi (when he's not hurt) and Lopez were who I was keeping in mind more than Soler.

Steam
  • Options
    After Monday’s 5-1 Yankees win to complete the series sweep, Minnesota has now lost 16 straight playoff games (13 of them to the Yankees), easily an MLB record and tying the 1975–1979 Chicago Blackhawks for the most consecutive postseason losses in major North American sports.

• Options

that dude hit one of my favorite home runs of all time against the Cardinals. it was a meaningless homer in a meaningless game before the Cubs started making the playoffs, but it was sick

• Options
    We're 3 outs in and I'm already having a heart attack

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    That's...worse from a Boston fan perspective than a Cubs fan perspective, since they still have to deal with seeing both of them a lot and the Cubs...won a world series because of it.

I mean, they almost didn't and Chapman is a garbage human, but you know

• Options
    Yeah, I think the Cubs would rather have that World Series than Gleyber Torres.

They definitely could have won it without Chapman but he helped.

• Options
    Speaking of the Cubs...

They are interviewing Joe Girardi for the manager spot.

• Options
    They're also interviewing David Ross, who probably has the job if he wants it

• Options
    They should hire David Lee Roth instead

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    David Ross holding a ouija board that's a direct line to Harry Caray

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that was the loudest sporting event I have ever been to

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yankees get to take a nap while everyone else is going down to game 5.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Braves are removing all foam tomahawks from the stadium in response to Ryan Helsley's comments about them being disrespectful.

He made a comment about the chanting and the fans gesture as well but no word from the Braves on that

I guess it's a smallish victory

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Braves are removing all foam tomahawks from the stadium in response to Ryan Helsley's comments about them being disrespectful.

He made a comment about the chanting and the fans gesture as well but no word from the Braves on that

The Braves make annual announcements about "evaluating the chop/stadium experience" when the issue gets raised and after all this time they still haven't actually said or done anything. I all but guarantee they'll have those foam tomahawks will be back next season.

expendable on
    Steam
  • Options

Unlike their game today... Holy crap St. Louis, way to pile on

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Welp... Braves are done

• Options
    I'm waiting for the takes

"This never would have happened if we were allowed to have our foam tomahawks!"

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Kershaw looks like someone swiped his soul right out of him.

Which I guess makes sense when you give up two solo shots to let the Nats back in the game?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    are we sure the nationals didn't just put gigantic high powered magnets in the ball and the barrel of their bats?

holy shit the clutch hitting

• Options
    man geez I didn't think about it when it was happening but yeah this is actually a huge upset isn't it... the Dodgers had a big year

rip

• Options
    it's also...wildly out of character for the Nationals to potentially win a playoff series

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ahahahaha get fucked Dodgers.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    it's also...wildly out of character for the Nationals to potentially win a playoff series

Ewing Theory to be renamed Harper Theory.

• Options
    As a former Angel, I was glad to see it was Howie Kendrick with the knockout swing. But huh, Cardinals vs Nationals for the NLCS. Would not have guessed that.

Now imagine if Tampa Bay somehow wins tomorrow.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    This has been your yearly Clayton Kershaw playoff implosion.

• Options
    This has been your yearly Clayton Kershaw playoff implosion.

Never even should have been in there

This discussion has been closed.