As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am probably going to get it as I get the new howling banshees, Jain Zar, Incubi and Drazhar as well as the campaign book
    I do hope it's about 160 ish as that still is a deal

Well this series of books and how like the space marine codex you can make your own custom craftworld, wych cult, kabal. or haemonculi coven I do forsee sometime next year they will reprint the flavors of the Aeldari
    Still like I said earlier I would like it as one book as two of the factions are codex one is fluff with some minis and the last is a pamphlet.
    Just how you would set that book up is a good question

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    a box with double the Banshees and Incubi and less old stuff would've been nicer.

At least Jain can ride with Banshees in the Falcon if you want to. Drazhar has to walk if the Incubi take the Venom.

I wonder if they already spoiled how the story works out with their "A Phoenix rises, a Phoenix falls" teasers. Although the twist could probably kust be that it turn out it's actually "A Phoenix falls, a Phoenix rises". Would make more sense, too, as Jain Zar has been risen and active for quite some time now. I guess Drazhar manages to kill Jain, but syke, She gets back up again. I expect a new stratagem that lets you kill an aspect warrior/exarch to revive a Phoenix Lord.

edit:
    Interesting that they are even featuring a non mayor craftworld. With a bit of kitbashing even.
    PreorderPreview-Oct06-DIYCraftworld-4j32l.jpg
    There's an Avenger catapult and a vehicle piolot helmet in there.

honovere on
  • Options
    LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know the Falcon is over 20 as I was quite excited when it was announced. Then got deployed for a tour of the south china sea for 4 months. Then I had it. I have 3 Falcons in questionable condition. The turrets are what got roughed up over the years. I have only 3 Venoms they are about 10 years old I lost the floor to one of them

I do feel they ae going to reprint the various codex of the eldar sometime in the next year but I really feel you can print them all under one book since two are basically codexs one is a fluff book with rules and the last is a pamphlet.
    SO it would be thicker than the Space Marine codex

I do hope in phoenix rising they reopen the options for the autarch as it's so generic outside of the xenos book
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am probably going to get it as I get the new howling banshees, Jain Zar, Incubi and Drazhar as well as the campaign book
    I do hope it's about 160 ish as that still is a deal

Well this series of books and how like the space marine codex you can make your own custom craftworld, wych cult, kabal. or haemonculi coven I do forsee sometime next year they will reprint the flavors of the Aeldari
    Still like I said earlier I would like it as one book as two of the factions are codex one is fluff with some minis and the last is a pamphlet.
    Just how you would set that book up is a good question

Why you'd want to reduce the number of non-Imperium codex's is beyond me - the balance is already poor as it is! Also it would just look like they're trying blend together the three into one army - Ynarri is an interesting option, but I don't want to see it be the 'standard' option.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I 100% do not want all the Eldar factions in one Codex, and I think we're more likely to see the Dark Eldar book get split into three separate Codices.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    the Warcom burb for the next Sororitas book makes it sound like it's Footloose 40k
    Peter Fehervari’s Requiem Infernal turns the spotlight onto the Adepta Sororitas. An obscure order on a distant world have their quiet lives disrupted by outsiders, who bring danger with them and awaken yet more on their hosts’ planet – and perhaps within their very souls.

honovere on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    the Warcom burb for the next Sororitas book makes it sound like it's Footloose 40k
    Peter Fehervari’s Requiem Infernal turns the spotlight onto the Adepta Sororitas. An obscure order on a distant world have their quiet lives disrupted by outsiders, who bring danger with them and awaken yet more on their hosts’ planet – and perhaps within their very souls.

Footloose probably would have been more entertaining if Bacon was starting up a Slaneeshi sect in town.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Box preview:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/07/blood-of-the-phoenix-unboxinggw-homepage-post-1/

Yay, Triskele!
    BOTPUnbox-Sep07-BansheeFrames-th4l34.jpg
    no ball sockets for the shoulders anymore like the older Eldar plastics.
    Two Craftworld transfer sheets but no DarkEldar or even something for Ynnari?
    BOTPUnbox-Sep07-AeldariTransfers-14hfk-846x846.jpg

I have to say, the posing of the Banshees is an improvement over the older models. The Incubi look kinda stiff and awkward in comparison.

honovere on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Well, looking at the new Incubi stuff makes me stiff and awkward, so I'd say they're doing just fine.

• Options
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    the contents of the eldar kit screams 'clearing stock' to me.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Matrias wrote: »

Yeah, and that makes me genuinely shocked at the rumoured price for it (£140/€180). Shadowspear was all new kits and cost considerably less than that...

• Options
    But THREE vehicles like all of the warcom posts like to emphasize.

Kayvaan Shrike is a ridiculous 32,50€. If gw thinks that's appropriate for the two characters you're already at 65€. Current aspect kits are 33€ for 6 models, so Banshees and incubi at 35€ for 5? 135€. For some reason the falcon cost more than a serpent, another 42,50€. 25€ for the vyper. Drukhari are still at more reasonable prices with 22,50€ for hellions and scourges, 25€ for the venom. At 180€ you get the last 4 sets for free. If the new stuff is more reasonably priced than maybe only the old drukhari kits. Both okay compared to the kits on their own. Compared to shadowspear...

Gw probably argues that you get full kits instead of easy to build, but the quality of easy to build and the fact that the new kits don't have that many options anyway makes that a bit meaningless

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the new book presages new Eldar and Dark Eldar books like Vigilus did for marines.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Buying the army box, but those flagellants look weirdly blobby there.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »

GW goes kinda back and forth lately when it comes to the size of hands and feet.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Yeah, and that makes me genuinely shocked at the rumoured price for it (£140/€180). Shadowspear was all new kits and cost considerably less than that...

I think Shadowspear is the exception, not the rule. Tooth and Claw seems to be where the average is.

• Options
    Well, at least with so few Banshees and incubi in the box, eBay prices for the characters might be comparatively low.

• Options

GW goes kinda back and forth lately when it comes to the size of hands and feet.

Might just be the paint job. They seem to have less muscle definition than wracks or grotesques, so they just kind of look like people shaped flesh blobs. Not regular peeps with murdery implements grafted onto them and then juiced on some murder drug. I’m definitely going to get some of the last chance to buy stuff though.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular

Might just be the paint job. They seem to have less muscle definition than wracks or grotesques, so they just kind of look like people shaped flesh blobs. Not regular peeps with murdery implements grafted onto them and then juiced on some murder drug. I’m definitely going to get some of the last chance to buy stuff though.

It also doesn't help that that they used really de-saturated skin tones on a bright white background to show them off.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ITC just nerfed the "if I fits, I sits" flying tanks by requiring the entire base or entire hull to fit on terrain for any vehicle with fly

they could've instead changed the assaulting on higher terrain rule, but whatever reactionary bandaids are cool

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ITC just nerfed the "if I fits, I sits" flying tanks by requiring the entire base or entire hull to fit on terrain for any vehicle with fly

they could've instead changed the assaulting on higher terrain rule, but whatever reactionary bandaids are cool

After playing against the damn grav tanks everywhere I am okay with this change. I am also very done with grav tanks especially after NoVA.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

After playing against the damn grav tanks everywhere I am okay with this change. I am also very done with grav tanks especially after NoVA.

I know everyone who's not an Eldar player won't care at all, but it's a nerf that's intended to compensate for the Repulsor that really fucks over Eldar vehicles. I'm not sure that even the smallest Eldar vehicle can fit comfortably inside any standard piece of terrain.

• Options

There were some dumb as shit pictures of multiple vehicles parked where they realllllly wouldn’t have been parked that were attached to some stories on this. Like three repulsors balances on a wall of a ruin. Maybe GW should slice out an anti-grav rule instead of slapping fly on things.

• Options
    Box preview:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/07/blood-of-the-phoenix-unboxinggw-homepage-post-1/

Yay, Triskele!
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BOTPUnbox-Sep07-BansheeFrames-th4l34.jpg
    no ball sockets for the shoulders anymore like the older Eldar plastics.
    Two Craftworld transfer sheets but no DarkEldar or even something for Ynnari?
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BOTPUnbox-Sep07-AeldariTransfers-14hfk-846x846.jpg

I have to say, the posing of the Banshees is an improvement over the older models. The Incubi look kinda stiff and awkward in comparison.

was hoping the 2nd edition banshee axe would make a comeback, but alas

• Options
    https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2019/10/02/socal-open-2019-40k-championship-finalized-format-and-guidelines/

Also here are the rulings. The big thing to realize it is specifically for ruins not other types of terrain. Because some folks were abusing the shit out of ruins where you could balance repulsors out of charge range and with full los.

Buildings, hills, and even enclosed ruins since you can sit on top are fine. Also its ITC so you can just like ignore it if you want unless you are at an ITC event.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Why I would like a tome as the harlequin and ynnari codexs are small. The harlequin is a lot of fluff with some rules the ynnari I keep making fun if is a pamphlet

I have been building my wyches and the few boxes of kabal troops I have I know I built my craftworld troops long ago but I feel there is a lot of flexibility in the drukkari kits there is a lot of different poses and grace compared to the static look of the craftworlders

I feel why it's fly and not anti grav as the rumor of the primaris transport being anti grav so it could go 12+" and still dump off it's cargo was the aeldari's wet dream

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Well crap. I am marked as admech for a campaign we are doing and I only have 1k.

I thought I had more but the limits on list building hurt.

Whelp time to buy things...

Edit: They let me swap to my Deathwatch. Since it is a small squad based in cities of death Deathwatch feels right. Especially since I think I will be fighting some eldar.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_uNASBqWk

I really am curious how much of the eldar is still Jes' thing in GW as it's been from what I know from the beginning till?

• Options

I think Shadowspear is the exception, not the rule. Tooth and Claw seems to be where the average is.

Tooth and Claw was $150, this is going to be $230. It's a huge increase.

• Options
    Catch 22 Prediction: Oh, the box without space marines in it didn't sell so well. Clearly we need less xenos releases and more marines.

• Options

I think the $230 floating about is for the sisters box.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So apparently when Contrast paints came out, GW moved some of the Forge World paints from FW to GW.

This includes Iron Hands Steel, Grey Knights Steel, and I think Iron Warriors.

Did they put out a list of these new-to-GW paints anywhere? I usually go by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Citadel_paints but it's not updated for these releases.

I prefer a rather dark color scheme for my minis, so for the metal on my AdMech (and Knights, if I ever lose my mind) I was going to go something dark, like Abbadon Black with Ironbreaker on top. Ironbreaker is metallic silver, but translucent, so putting it on top of Black is uh, yeah. But it's looking like Iron Hands Steel or Iron Warriors might be better.

I'm hoping the local store still has that copy of Burning of Prospero, as 5 Custodes + a whole lot of old armor for a Blood Ravens force would be a nice thing to get.

NINJA EDIT 12 HOURS LATER:

Stopped by my friendly local gaming store.

They had Burning of Prospero. $150. They actually had two but sold the other one this week. Mein gott, that would have been fun.

5 Tartatros Terminators ($60)
    30 MK3 Space Marines ($150)
    5 Custodian Guard ($60)
    5 Sisters of Silence ($80 / 2 = $40)
    2 HQs I probably can't use (~$40)

So that's $310-350ish worth of Imperial stuff. A good buy. Not sure how well the MK3 Marines / Tartatros stuff translates to Kill Team, but that Custodian Guard is probably going to work pretty damned well. Only thing is I don't think they have the options for the HQ / Standard Bearer Custodes Guard in that box, but, yeah. Oh, and the Sisters of Silence are getting updated rules in this month's White Dwarf, so, bonus.

So the question now becomes -- do I do the marines up as Wolves vs Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons like intended, or do I do them up as say, Blood Ravens, Carcharodons, etc.

Hm.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/08/create-your-own-warhostgw-homepage-post-2/

huh okay so disarming strike *did* become an exarch power but also its worse than it was. boo.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    So apparently when Contrast paints came out, GW moved some of the Forge World paints from FW to GW.

This includes Iron Hands Steel, Grey Knights Steel, and I think Iron Warriors.

Did they put out a list of these new-to-GW paints anywhere? I usually go by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Citadel_paints but it's not updated for these releases.

I prefer a rather dark color scheme for my minis, so for the metal on my AdMech (and Knights, if I ever lose my mind) I was going to go something dark, like Abbadon Black with Ironbreaker on top. Ironbreaker is metallic silver, but translucent, so putting it on top of Black is uh, yeah. But it's looking like Iron Hands Steel or Iron Warriors might be better.

I'm hoping the local store still has that copy of Burning of Prospero, as 5 Custodes + a whole lot of old armor for a Blood Ravens force would be a nice thing to get.

NINJA EDIT 12 HOURS LATER:

Stopped by my friendly local gaming store.

They had Burning of Prospero. $150. They actually had two but sold the other one this week. Mein gott, that would have been fun.

5 Custodian Guard ($60)

So that's $310-350ish worth of Imperial stuff. A good buy. Not sure how well the MK3 Marines / Tartatros stuff translates to Kill Team, but that Custodian Guard is probably going to work pretty damned well. Only thing is I don't think they have the options for the HQ / Standard Bearer Custodes Guard in that box, but, yeah. Oh, and the Sisters of Silence are getting updated rules in this month's White Dwarf, so, bonus.

So the question now becomes -- do I do the marines up as Wolves vs Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons like intended, or do I do them up as say, Blood Ravens, Carcharodons, etc.

Hm.

This article on the community page lists what paints became available from GW when contrast came out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/08/pre-order-today-contrast-and-a-great-deal-of-paint/

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options

It's not. Blood of the Phoenix really is that expensive.

0etjfdcifbpc.png
    bloodofphoenix.PNG

• Options

0etjfdcifbpc.png
    bloodofphoenix.PNG

Yeah I was running off stuff from yesterday. My club cleared it up this morning. Yeah that is a well fuck that price point.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

0etjfdcifbpc.png
    bloodofphoenix.PNG

Turns out, Phoenixes are very rare and their blood is in high demand.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Has the possible price of the sister's box been leaked?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Has the possible price of the sister's box been leaked?

I think it's been leaked since the beginning of the year. GW had a contest where one of the prizes was the box and they had to list the prize's dollar value as a result. I don't remember what it was though.

edit:

The prize value was listed at £250 for the Grand Prize (sisters army) and £35 for the 10 other prizes (sisters squad), which is roughly $305 and $42 respectively. They don't always price stuff comparatively between currencies though, so who knows.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular

0etjfdcifbpc.png
    bloodofphoenix.PNG

Look up a bit at the Burning of Prospero box I was just bragging about getting.

5 Custodian Guard ($60)

$350ish for $150 depending on what you consider the two HQs to be worth.

How much stuff is in Blood of the Phoenix or the Sisters Box? What does it cost if you were to buy it separately?

We've already seen them jack up the prices of Start Collecting boxes -- it used to be those boxes were 1 troops box 1 "big thing" box and 1 "HQ" box in a bundle where you basically got one of them for free, they changed that to it being where you got one of them for like $15 instead of free. That's... probably about where we're at here, with the new boxes. A good deal,, but not as damaging to GW's margins as it used to be.

Was reading on /tg/ that the new sisters of battle are all mono-pose, single fit minis. Which GW is claiming is a good thing because it makes them easy to put together and get on the field quickly. Yikes.