As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    So, this week should be a story event (Physalis) or raid? I know a raid just ended, but we'll have had a week break. Also, the timing would make sure the raid is completed before the Halloween event starts on the 24th. I cleaned out my raid summons on Friday while waiting for my car to get serviced so I'm ready for the next event.

Also, for those concerned about having a bunch of bonus units for every MK event, I still ended up with almost 390k currency at the 30k EP mark from the DQ event with only a friend bonus unit. I know a chunk (60k) came from EP rewards, but there really isn't a need to go crazy pulling for a full party of bonus for most of these MK events. You should still be able to farm everything you want within a week using a decent friend bonus and 1-2 of your own.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    This week I'm anticipating a raid, and a story event next week. If it is a raid it should be the FFV raid with Galuf/Exdeath/Krile banner. We should also be getting IW event again soon, but I don't know if that will be this week or next.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If they're smart (HA), they'll do the FF V raid this week. Maybe with the FF-2 SBB or the Chamber of Vengeance with the hot chili pepper boss thing.
    Doing another energy event (story) on top of the back-to-back Mog Kings would be crazy.
    Then yeah, either IW this week or next. Hopefully they tie it to whatever week has the Story event, just so we don't have two orb events running at the same time. Especially since Story Events are pretty energy lenient unless you want to grind them for crysts.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Would a story event be bad? What's the difference between a story event and a raid at this point? I mean in terms of content. I know raid orbs vs energy.

edited October 2019
    Only knock against story event is having it occur during an MK event, splitting where you'd want to use your NRG. I'd say it was unlikely, but Gumi did slap us with two concurrent MK events, so who knows.

Cruor on
    Yeah if you didn't want to use NRG pots and wanted the DQ silver keys, and get the 15k for the special ticket in the FF2 Mog King, then you're looking at almost all your NRG for this week and next going to the MKs. So if they do a story event this week, you're not going to run that until the following week again. Doing a raid gives an NRG break for a week.

I suppose. But does anyone actually spend longer than a week to complete the story event? I'm usually done with it by the following Monday and there's a dry spell where I log in and then immediately out during those weeks.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I kind of hope it's the story event since I like Physalis and want to run through the event before taking a break.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I suppose. But does anyone actually spend longer than a week to complete the story event? I'm usually done with it by the following Monday and there's a dry spell where I log in and then immediately out during those weeks.

Lately it seems like I always have a MK to farm overlapping with the first week of a story event, leading to doing the story on Wednesday, then farming crysts the whole next week.

News updated in-game, we are getting FFV raid with Galuf/Exdeath/Krile banner. Each of them are getting GLEX upgrades, which was expected, and each of them has a 24k step-up with a guaranteed featured unit on each, so pretty nice.

We're also getting the Emperor SBB, and daily Vault of Hidden Treasures

3 Rainbows? Pass.

edited October 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    3 Rainbows? Pass.
    Cruor wrote: »
    each of them has a 24k step-up with a guaranteed featured unit on each, so pretty nice.

With the three separate step-ups guaranteeing either a Krile, Galuf, or Exdeath it's not so bad. If they hadn't had three different step-ups then yeah, pulling for any of them would have been super obnoxious.

Cruor on
    The step ups are separate though, so it's only triple rainbow if you want to use tickets or keep going after one lap.

But yeah Galuf was always bookmarked for 20 UoCs for me.

edited October 2019
    Lorek wrote: »
    If they're smart (HA), they'll do the FF V raid this week. Maybe with the FF-2 SBB or the Chamber of Vengeance with the hot chili pepper boss thing.
    Doing another energy event (story) on top of the back-to-back Mog Kings would be crazy.
    Then yeah, either IW this week or next. Hopefully they tie it to whatever week has the Story event, just so we don't have two orb events running at the same time. Especially since Story Events are pretty energy lenient unless you want to grind them for crysts.
    You're a prophet! I'm sure the Chamber of Vengeance will come next week as an NRG sink leading into the Physalis story event.

The FFV banner is big ole pass for me. I'm on the CG WoL hype train! The Emperor SSB is supposed to be pretty tough, but it sounds like it will be much easier since we have Kryla - nethecite, dispelga, imperil, and breaks.

Tiphares on
    Lorek wrote: »
    The step ups are separate though, so it's only triple rainbow if you want to use tickets or keep going after one lap.

But yeah Galuf was always bookmarked for 20 UoCs for me.

My lapis is only for Halloween units at this point so I would have been attempting to get them via tickets.

I, too, am saving Lapis for Halloween units. I hope they're good! If they're dull or just bad, then I guess I'll just have even more Lapis for when Great Mage Kefka happens.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    At the very least, Halloween should have ability enhancements for Lilith and Lucius. I'm excited for Lilith's, as she's one of my favorite units, and a good cover tank (especially if you're up against dark damage). Lucius needs some strong buffs to make him usable, pull him into the TDW meta (chain mod buff) and update his chaining families (Kingsglaive and Octaslash are not great ones to have) and he has potential to come out pretty good.

And it's also possible that GLS might get ability enhancements, too. She had them before, but they were removed when she got upgraded, Reberta did too (still wish they'd refunded all the crysts I used on both of them). So she can technically get enhancements on top of her upgrades.

So even if the new Halloween units are meh, I've potentially got a lot to look forward to. But, considering the recent history of GLEX units like Esther, Sylvie, Elena, Morgana and Tsukiko, I have a hunch the Halloween units will be at least decent, if not pretty awesome.

Zomro on
    My biggest hope is for the original Halloween units Demon Rain and Dracu Lasswell to get the free upgrades like GLS got.
    Second more likely hope is they'll get Latent Abilities added; along with Lilith and Lucius getting latent and cryst-based enhancements..

Yeah, I forgot that latent abilities are a thing. D Rain and D Lasswell could easily pick up some latent abilities. If they do anything good for D Rain, it might tempt me to buy his prism from the trust shop.

I have a ton of trust coins lying around and I've been eyeing D.Rain's prism for some time now. I too hope that Lucius gets some love. I only have one of him but I could be talked into trying for another one if he gets amazing enhancements.

Zomro wrote: »
    At the very least, Halloween should have ability enhancements for Lilith and Lucius. I'm excited for Lilith's, as she's one of my favorite units, and a good cover tank (especially if you're up against dark damage). Lucius needs some strong buffs to make him usable, pull him into the TDW meta (chain mod buff) and update his chaining families (Kingsglaive and Octaslash are not great ones to have) and he has potential to come out pretty good.

And it's also possible that GLS might get ability enhancements, too. She had them before, but they were removed when she got upgraded, Reberta did too (still wish they'd refunded all the crysts I used on both of them). So she can technically get enhancements on top of her upgrades.

So even if the new Halloween units are meh, I've potentially got a lot to look forward to. But, considering the recent history of GLEX units like Esther, Sylvie, Elena, Morgana and Tsukiko, I have a hunch the Halloween units will be at least decent, if not pretty awesome.

Lilith needs nothing! haha. She still dominates in the arena. D. Rain could use some TDH buffs and some innate evade and he'd be great.

Speaking of trust coin shop. It's about time to update it with the Xenogears prisms. That collab was 6 months ago? I'd like to get Fei's STMR and 7* Bart done already! Not that I really need either of them, but it would be nice to have them.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind Sophia's prism showing up, even if she's powercrept by now.

MK 5* gave me Shadow Lord #2. That's pretty cool considering his enhancements just came out

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Speaking of trust coin shop. It's about time to update it with the Xenogears prisms. That collab was 6 months ago? I'd like to get Fei's STMR and 7* Bart done already! Not that I really need either of them, but it would be nice to have them.

I never got Bart but I wouldn't mind getting Fei and Elly to 7*.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Bart is the only one I have, and I can’t see bothering with his prism at this point :/

Bart has potential but needs some serious help at this point. Throw in dual casting of skills, upgrade LB to full break (maybe a higher break %), and add imperils (100%) to his 4 elements and he'd make for a great provoke/evade tank with support.

I can see myself using Bart where imbues are handy to OTKO. He provides imbue options that Sylvie does not and a few other support abilities.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Man, I don't think I can overstate how much I appreciate the change in MK events to three rounds by default.

Craigopogo wrote: »
    Man, I don't think I can overstate how much I appreciate the change in MK events to three rounds by default.

I hope it continues into the next MK events.

MK 5* ticket was Elfreeda#2. I guess that's enough incentive to Moogle up a Marshall Glove to avoid having a prism taking up space.

So it looks like another unit in the Debuffer category of the Unit Design Contest might be disqualified for using bots to bolster their votes.

Thanks for the worst possible way to vote, Gumi.

Feels like they should just abandon the whole thing at this point and start over.

I have a feeling this will be the last unit design contest.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    MK G5 = Edgar #2

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    MK G5 = NG Jake #3. One more till a pretty decent gun.

Cruor wrote: »
    I have a feeling this will be the last unit design contest.

Which is super sad because there are some good ones in this batch. And the current ones we have are still some of the best sprites in-game.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    MK 5* was BS Sakura #1. boooo

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    What the heck happened to the rewards wheel?

rasa59apanm8.jpeg

That’s 25 lapis!

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Welp, I haven't been able to get into the game all day. App instantly crashes after the gumi logo. I think the game is trying to tell me to just drop it.

Steam ID: Right here.