As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There are other [podcasts] than Giant Bomb

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Again, it's not a contest

but it could be argued that literally every President has been chipping in to turn the world towards fascism

I guess what worries me is that attempts to compare Trump right or wrong to other presidents feels like it downplays an existent threat to the country and the world. Like it’s saying this is normal and something we weathered before. Maybe that’s true from a certain point of view but this thing that’s happening right now is terrifying and I don’t want people downplaying that.

Quire.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Those comparisons aren’t useful

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

but it could be argued that literally every President has been chipping in to turn the world towards fascism

I guess what worries me is that attempts to compare Trump right or wrong to other presidents feels like it downplays an existent threat to the country and the world. Like it’s saying this is normal and something we weathered before. Maybe that’s true from a certain point of view but this thing that’s happening right now is terrifying and I don’t want people downplaying that.

I feel like you're overthinking it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Oh nobody's weathered shit.

People have died. People have been dying this whole time. It's never been okay. This is the lowest point it's been so far, sure, but it's not an outlier on the trend.

sig.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well put

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The ALAB episode about Vic Mignogna's headlong sprint in to a tunnel painted on to a cliff face is extremely cathartic

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The ALAB episode about Vic Mignogna's headlong sprint in to a tunnel painted on to a cliff face is extremely cathartic

The what?

I kinda wanna listen to that.

Edit: nevermind, I found it, it was just mixed in with a bunch of podcasts about Alabama.

rhylith on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I remember when lots of self-described liberals gave Kanye a lot of shit for saying "George Bush doesn’t care about black people" back in the day... So IMO certain parties in neoliberalism have always been happy to do positive PR spin for GW. "Oh ho look at this harmless but well-meaning doof!"

You see the same shit with Biden.

GW is a war criminal and a racist, Biden is a racist and a sexual harasser, and Trump is all of those plus a fascist and a pedophile.

Curly_Brace on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

The what?

I kinda wanna listen to that.

Edit: nevermind, I found it, it was just mixed in with a bunch of podcasts about Alabama.

It's the latest project from the Mic Dicta guy if you ever heard that one

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I would eat a long burger

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I literally just had a conversation with a liberal on Facebook

And by conversation I mean he refused to talk to me because I was "coming from a place of hate" regarding Bush

You know, the war criminal?

Non morality based issue with this mbmbam:

Man I really dont give a fuck about their celebrity guest episodes

This was at least better than the jesse eisenberg one but not by much

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Who's the celebrity guest?

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I like the celebrity guest episodes! They have such a specific and adversarial improv format that seeing them have to be nice is fun.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Here's how I see it. Trump is the least qualified, least capable president we ever had. He's a racist, fascist, narcissistic, corrupt, lazy, incompetent sociopathic manchild. He has literally no redeeming qualities: the best thing you can say about him is that some of his awful traits sometimes counteract his other traits.

However, he went into office with half the country hating him, had an oppositional House since 2018, and we have a good chance of getting him out of office in a year. Bush had the full eight and for much if that time, his approval ratings were at an inconceivable level in this day and age. It was considered unpatriotic to even question him, and as a result his consequences were arguably worse than Trump managed so far.

However however, as bad as things got with Bush (the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, Gitmo, DHS, etc.) the mood right after 9/11 was so heated that things could have gotten even worse. I shudder to imagine what could happen if something like that happened on Trump's watch.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Who's the celebrity guest?

Felicia day

I like the celebrity guest episodes! They have such a specific and adversarial improv format that seeing them have to be nice is fun.

I hate listening to the sucking sound that is always audible when travis is around a famous person

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I literally just had a conversation with a liberal on Facebook

And by conversation I mean he refused to talk to me because I was "coming from a place of hate" regarding Bush

You know, the war criminal?

So fairly recently, someone I know participated in a protest at an ICE facility, where there were the leftist, the even more leftists, and a handful of counterprotesters. My dude, who is part of the lefter-left group, wasn't so much concerned about the right-wing chuds more than the other liberal group, who started trying to ID people so they can report them to authorities for being unruly and disrespectful. :hydra:

I still wish they didn't stream the bombcast live.

I like when they just recorded ahead of time so I could get it earlier on Tuesdays.

Yeah I'm the grand scheme of things a minor gripe but hey... I've been bored today.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The weird thing about mostly engaging with Waypoint as “only listening to Waypoint Radio, only when Austin is on,” I think him leaving is just gonna make the show...way better? He’ll actually have time to pursue things instead of always insisting he will eventually get to it and then not

6F32U1X.png
    So I of course always called the ps3 the triple, but only occasionally called the ps4 the quad.

There just isn't any fun thing to call the ps5. Unless... You go ps cinco

Then just shorten it to psnco

But that only will work if the box is really wide.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    more like pentastation

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Fuck it was right there.

I still think my jnco joke was funny though.

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The weird thing about mostly engaging with Waypoint as “only listening to Waypoint Radio, only when Austin is on,” I think him leaving is just gonna make the show...way better? He’ll actually have time to pursue things instead of always insisting he will eventually get to it and then not

Dude sounded extremely happy and enthusiastic this recent pod, it's awesome. There's no question he made a great choice for himself, and he's setting a good model for others. He could have stepped back earlier, of course, but making this choice is hard so I don't blame him on taking some time making it.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

I hate listening to the sucking sound that is always audible when travis is around a famous person

I actually only listen to Travis, I mute the other folks on the call.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I just listen to the Friday episode and Austin said he's still going to be on the podcast twice a week. He's just a freelancer now instead of Deputy Editor.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

He's still on the pod, just not EIC any more.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Ooh, new Superego today

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

He's still on the pod, just not EIC any more.

He meant him leaving the site is going to make his podcast time better

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I believe that was a backer character that the person decided to make a giant bomb ref

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That feels both cool and a little fucked?

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    unfortunately there are several examples of backers creating worse characters in games

this one is, at the very least, benign

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's mostly that if it was someone else who did it, I wonder if anyone actually sought out Vinny for permission

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh of course they didnt

shit does suck

but we know how much more terrible it can be, so overall I'm ambivalent about it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    well that's got .gov on it so clearly that's official

This discussion has been closed.