As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Phalla] draws near! Day 8▶Boing!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Hey, allright!

Vote reminder: MrPaku voted for Premium

MrPaku was voted out by:
    Me
    Kime
    Premium
    Assuran
    Discrider

It has also not escaped my notice that both of our villager victims happened to have been the two folks I called out up thread for targeting me.

Not sure how that makes me look, but I just wanted to acknowledge that fact so it doesn't look like I'm trying to avoid the topic.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Ok, main bad guy is dead, now we just need to find the balls?

Also, killed by a bamboo pole like a pretender has. That the Vig?

Edit: Yikes. Terrible sounding first sentence. Also, yes, I'm aware that he's likely just one of the couple mafia members out there.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    oOoOOOoOOOooooOOoooOOOoo

Bluecyan wishes to join the party.

2013-02-12-463-SaturnValleyHotSprings.jpg

Bluecyan faints.

oOoOOOoOOOooooOOoooOOOoo

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Bluecyan was part of a team investigating the swamp cave last night. My own search came back with nothing as the cave was swarming with monsters and no progress was made.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Can confirm no progress made in the swamp.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kk
    Sir Fab was on MrPaku's guilty conscience

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I think everything is out. More of you need to die. Spam filter is killing me.

Let me know if I didn't get back to you.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I got targeted with Hurt and will be sitting out the night's actions.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Mountain cave was also too full of monsters to progress

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Do you think if we all rush one area we can clear out the monsters? Like maybe our weakness was being too scattered so we didn't make progress but if we all team and go to the easiest area we can clear it and get the loot.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    North Cave was also swarming with monsters, no progress.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    North Cave was also too full of monsters

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    LostNinja wrote: »
    North Cave was also swarming with monsters, no progress.

Hey! Great minds think alike. Gotta find that tablet so we can know IC what we already know OOC.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Three caves, three blocked ways due to Monsters. So, that probably leaves the other locations.

That’s a little strange because from what I remember, those others were later half of the game (someone who knows better correct me on this).

But if not caves, then the other locations. Only concern for me is still that I know Charlock is endgame. That said, the too many monsters doesn’t appear to have killed anyone so maybe the true kills are mafia and Vig

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Auralynx's claim of surviving a hurt spell (functionally a roleblock from the sounds of it) certainly suggests kills might be limited to specific actions. That or 38th really is a masochist and they're operating a damage system where resting heals it.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    If Hurt is roleblock, then what would Sleep be?

@Auralynx can you still explore or do you just have to do nothing?

• Options
    Hurt was also a possible outcome of going to a location without enough people

• Options
    Removed from the game for a day? (cant post or PM)

I think 38th has done something like that before.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    FYI If anybody has an Herb or a HEAL spell then you should use it on Auralynx.

That is if we think hes town. That vote is kinda suspicious.

Just spitballing here but thats my 2G for the day. Goodnight!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    mrpaku wrote: »
    If I'm reading this right, and please someone correct me if I'm not:

Currently in the lead, with two votes apiece- kime, auralynx, mrpaku, H3knuckles, Bedlam, premium

One vote a piece for the following- Sir Fab, Zombie Hero, Kilnaga, Romantic Undead, discrider, Green, lucedes, ObiFett

premium for self preservation and to break up the current six way tie for the vote (sorry premium, I rolled a dice and your number came up). How long we got until vote close?

So there are two good leads in this post I think.

First the 1-vote list order, of Sir Fab, ZH, and then vote-record-as-read-backwards-through-the-thread.
    Suggests Romantic Undead, discrider, Green, lucedes, ObiFett were all village, and Sir Fab (by me) and ZH (by Locus) votes made memorable to MrPaku by Mafia association. Kilnaga's on the boundary of the two sets so, can't conclude anything there.

Second the die-roll defense which suggests another Mafia in the 2-votes, not being premium.
    Or MrPaku being very apologetic.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Three caves, three blocked ways due to Monsters. So, that probably leaves the other locations.

That’s a little strange because from what I remember, those others were later half of the game (someone who knows better correct me on this).

But if not caves, then the other locations. Only concern for me is still that I know Charlock is endgame. That said, the too many monsters doesn’t appear to have killed anyone so maybe the true kills are mafia and Vig

No familiarity with the games at all, but could someone have an ability that clears the path for the villagers?

Knowledge of the source material isn’t always required in 38th games, but they also rarely stray from it so I think it’s safe to say starting in early map locations is the right call and a special needs to clear the way for us. If it was a numbers issue, I think we would have found something just by limiting to three locations like we did. That or there are really only 5 or so of us with the village role from the OP.

• Options
    Could be a single-day Mafia ability that prevents anything happening at locations too?
    I'd sort of think if we had the wrong approach then the locations would have wounded/killed more explorers.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Auralynx can you still explore or do you just have to do nothing?

No exploring. Unclear if it'd prevent any other action if I had one.

The PM says I was hit by a spell; whether it's an explore result or someone's action is unclear, but they're separate line items.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

Currently in the lead, with two votes apiece- kime, auralynx, mrpaku, H3knuckles, Bedlam, premium

One vote a piece for the following- Sir Fab, Zombie Hero, Kilnaga, Romantic Undead, discrider, Green, lucedes, ObiFett

premium for self preservation and to break up the current six way tie for the vote (sorry premium, I rolled a dice and your number came up). How long we got until vote close?

First the 1-vote list order, of Sir Fab, ZH, and then vote-record-as-read-backwards-through-the-thread.
    Suggests Romantic Undead, discrider, Green, lucedes, ObiFett were all village, and Sir Fab (by me) and ZH (by Locus) votes made memorable to MrPaku by Mafia association. Kilnaga's on the boundary of the two sets so, can't conclude anything there.

Second the die-roll defense which suggests another Mafia in the 2-votes, not being premium.

Well this is all some interesting things to think about. Not sure if we can assume anything based on dat one votes honestly, but still, you have a point or two.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Sir Fab threw this summary together
    Mrpaku: Assuran (6), Romantic Undead (17), discrider (22), premium (24) [4]
    Premium: AustinP0027 (2), Zombie Hero (3), mrpaku (20) [3]
    Romantic Undead: Kilnaga (18), Phoenix-D (21), Bluecyan (25) [3]
    Kime: Cythraul (7), H3Knuckles (10) [2]
    H3Knuckles: LostNinja (12), MamaWolf (14) [2]
    Auralynx: ObiFett (8), JPants (16) [2]
    Bedlam: Lucedes (4) [1]
    Lucedes: Bedlam (5) [1]
    Green: El Skid (11) [1]
    Zombie Hero: Locus (13) [1]
    Discrider: Egos (15) [1]
    Kilnaga: Gizzy (19) [1]
    Bluecyan: Auralynx (23) [1]
    ObiFett: discrider (1) [0]
    Sir Fabulous: discrider (9) [0]

Hmm, so at one point, after vote 17. There was a four way tie: Mrpaku, Premium, H3Knux, Auralynx.
    18, 19 votes were then one-ofs, Mafia vote at 20 to pick premium (could have easily been H3 or Aura at this point, potentially noteworthy).
    Village vote at 21.
    Disc votes for Paku at 22.

Then Aura avoids the fray and votes for Bluecyan.
    Then premium does self preservation at 24
    Village vote at 25.

Vote 1 record is the most unreliable, and i've never been good at this anyways. Pretty few votes, so I guess I'll throw a vote on Auralynx

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Also, uh, i guess the caves are gated. I don't know if the mafia is able to shut down a few locations or what. It also checks out that monsters live in caves.

I feel like almost any of these locations would have monsters on the way there. Remire is on the other side of the swamp cave, for instance. But maybe going to towns lets us buy swords/torches and then go to caves? But only one town on that list, i think, (Hawk nest is abandoned iirc).

Steam
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Also worth noting Bedlam did not have two votes against them at any point during day one. But it may have just been a counting error by mrpaku because Lucedes voted against Bedlam before the start of the game.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Also worth noting Bedlam did not have two votes against them at any point during day one. But it may have just been a counting error by mrpaku because Lucedes voted against Bedlam before the start of the game.

Well, my vote was counted twice too in his vote count; once for Obifett and once for Sir Fab

• Options
    Yeah, it being in neither chronological nor alphabetical order made it awkward to check against my own log, but then paku was the Dragonlord.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Alright, so if no one's coming forward with an ability that would help push through a cave, do we risk mafia retaliation to group up and explore a location en masse? If so, do we pick the swamp cave to get to Rimuldar to buy magic keys, or north cave for Erdrick's Tablet? I think the mountain cave just had a ring that was bugged out and did nothing, and the Cursed Necklace (legit bad thing you don't want to obtain).

Oh!
    The princess is trapped
    in the swamp cave, guarded by a Green Dragon. Bluecyan was burned alive while searching the Swamp Cave. I wonder if the Dragon is a player or a game mechanic?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    All the caves failed, despite probable sufficiently sized groups.

Steam
  • Options
    I think Bluecyan was hit by the mafia kill, but I can't see why.
    Possibly busdriven onto him? Or the mafia kill was just pointed randomly..

• Options
    edited October 2019
    ZH: Hrm... well I think we'll need a key to get in the Grave, so...

disc: But the mafia players probably include Dragons, after all, there's a bunch of them you fight in the game, and their leader was the Dragon Lord.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    you can actually just go to rimuldar, it turns out.
    i went there and acquired an item.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    :|
    Well I guess we shouldn't repeat what we did last night then?
    Assuming you did get an item, then the other locations must be closed for the moment by an item check, rather than a day long mafia block?

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hah, I was going through all my old vote logs to see if I've ever been voted out day one. I've survived but lost, been killed by mafia, killed by abilities from either side, and even won games on each side (though it was a while before I won as village). However, I'm pretty sure I've never been day 1'ed, and I think I might have never been voted out. Came very close a bunch of times, though.

Anyway, going back through my old files lead me to realize that not only was Final Fantasy IV one of the first RPGs I ever played, but it was the basis for the first phalla I ever played (thanks, 38thDoe).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Or there's three mafia + Dragon Lord, and one was using an ability to block each of the three shortlist locations (the caves) day one?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    :/
    That plus item checks seems like way too few items would get out.
    But perhaps.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    So, I want to see if the caves are still inaccessible, and if you can buy weapons at Rimildar. In the game, they've got better ones than the earlier towns, but the main attraction is definitely the magic keys they sell. A weapon could be the gating to explore the caves, and the key for the grave. Would the phalla have more than one item at a location?
    Successfully exploring the grave gives us the Lyre of Ire, which we can trade for the Staff of Rain. Saving Princess Gwaelin gets us a magic compass which helps in finding a badge of Erdrick's, which convinces someone to give the player the Sun Stone, which combines with the staff to open the way to Charlock. Hauksness' ruins hides Erdrick's armor but you gotta fight an Axe Knight, the sword is inside Charlock (and presumably the Ball of Light we need according to 38th's narration, which normally you get for killing the Dragon Lord).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    All the caves failed, despite probable sufficiently sized groups.
    OH! Maybe the problem is we picked caves to explore. In the games caves are always dark, early game you need a torch, while later you get a spell called RADIANCE.

Maybe we need something like that to unlock the caves and make them safe to explore.