As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    In the Elite package you will receive the opportunity/obligation to uncomfortably sit in the passenger seat of my car with a complete stranger in the back and cruise around smoking meth

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Look maybe that guy just wanted to play the game with 29 of his closest friends but for various reasons none of them could play it with him

Let he who has not had to sell their unused copies of Crystal Chronicles to pay back the mortgage they took out for the house to play it in cast the first stone

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Look maybe that guy just wanted to play the game with 29 of his closest friends but for various reasons none of them could play it with him

Let he who has not had to sell their unused copies of Crystal Chronicles to pay back the mortgage they took out for the house to play it in cast the first stone

ukvASEm.jpg

there are other ways to make money

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Frostpunk is awesome, check that out for the winter
    el_vicio wrote: »
    The Blizzard subreddit is now private, i.e. invite only (I assume Blizz staff moderate it?). Now that's a healthy response to a deserved backlash, Blizz
    They don't, I looked it up on archive.org and it's just 2 random people. I wouldn't want to deal with it either.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah if it's just random nerds I don't blame em at all for not wanting to deal with moderating the current shitstorm

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    People still talk about GoldenEye with great fondness.

If you go back further you can go to bat for stuff like Sunsoft's Batman game for the NES, coin-ops for Star Wars, etc.

the batman game is...not very fun, it has all the problems that 8-bit platformers did

however, the music fuckin' slaps

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Shorty wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    People still talk about GoldenEye with great fondness.

If you go back further you can go to bat for stuff like Sunsoft's Batman game for the NES, coin-ops for Star Wars, etc.

the batman game is...not very fun, it has all the problems that 8-bit platformers did

however, the music fuckin' slaps

It's one of the those games where, in terms of craftsmenship, is well made and you can appreciate the artistry to it especially given the time it came out. The game itself is full of dumb fucking horseshit that is just pure aggravation. (See also: shit like Battletoads.) But given the NES, I'm willing to grade on a curve and let it slide a bit.

But yeah, the music is fuckin choice. I always remember Sunsoft titles, regardless of the game itself, usually having banging soundtracks.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    oh hell yeah that stage 1 music

man Nobuyuki Hara knew how to make some fucking wicked sick shit

• Options
    the NES sound chip had no right putting out some of the jams that it did

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    How much is the ghost of Steve Jobs paying you, YaYa

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    How much is the ghost of Steve Jobs paying you, YaYa

like four million a po-*black turtleneck rises from nowhere and strangles me*

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    After playing the first map of John Wick Hex it reinforced the fact that I am not a very good John Wick. For the sadistic players, there is a hard mode where you only get 5 seconds to make your moves.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I played the first map of JW: Hex and it's very cool, I dig it

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    For combat purposes, elite meth can be considered as being +5 levels higher than its stated level.

Does the +5 help in doing the new Destiny Raid, or do they not count it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    My favorite gamestop thing is how we'd do a "sale" where we raised the price of everything and then said it was on sale

fun story, did you know that doing that is textbook false advertisement and completely illegal

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    According to local news station KIRO 7, 32-year-old Shawn Shaputis already had six warrants out for his arrest when Valve brought burglary charges against him in September. He has since been captured on camera selling stolen games at a Game Stop.

Should he fail to appear in court, another warrant will be issued.

Police say Shaputis is the same suspect who stole a FedEx truck in July and was caught, just one week after being arrested for a different string of burglaries.

So he has six warrants out for him already, he was arrested for a string of burglaries and then released, then stole a FedEx truck and was arrested and released again, then burglarized Valve for 40 grand and all they put out is a court summons?

Washington what the fuck are you doing?

In King County, you pretty much have to violently murder a few people to land more than a couple nights in jail.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wow. The John Wick game is good. Doing a level without taking a hit and watching the real-time replay feels really good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    How much is the John Wick game

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    also uh

enjoy some music from the sega genesis xmen game I guess

• Options
    also uh

Thank you!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    also uh

Always.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm really impressed that they got Ian McShane and Lance Reddick to voice their characters.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    How much is the John Wick game

$20 on EGS. It's a whopping 476 mb download.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My favorite gamestop thing is how we'd do a "sale" where we raised the price of everything and then said it was on sale

fun story, did you know that doing that is textbook false advertisement and completely illegal

Isn't that what JC Penny does? Though their version is marking it up, giving a huge percentage "discount" that never actually goes away, and says it's on sale.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Yo, for real though John Wick is dank as fuck.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Haha, the fun part about the Overwatch goof is that it happened at tournament in Taiwan. Very nonpolitical.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    taiwan being historically totally cool with the ccp and no problems whatsoever

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Who could have possibly predicted this?

• Options
    Played through the first section of John Wick Hex. Game seems neat!

It is a bit rough, visually. I like the colors and stylization attempts but the character models are really weirdly proportioned and animations are clunky and buggy.

The gameplay is real solid. One of those games that gives you a relatively simple set of tools and challenges you to use all of them to make it through. When it works you feel like the biggest badass in the world and a super genius, when you fuck up you get killed SUPER FAST and feel like a dumb dumb.

It makes really good use of the license. Getting McShane and Reddick to reprise their roles is a huge help, the story isn't anything incredible but is using the setting in ways that I, as a fan, dig and the little touches like generating a Baba Yaga-esque Russian name for you at the end of a section depending on how you got through the levels is pretty cool.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Haha, the fun part about the Overwatch goof is that it happened at tournament in Taiwan. Very nonpolitical.

i'm sorry i believe you mean Chinese Taipei, as it's officially acknowledged by Blizzard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl's review of Shadowrun Returns after 1hr 15 minutes of playing:

It's really good. The writing and tone are really good. The combat is fun and I'm enjoying the fact that so far it's not a save the world plot. I appear to be hunting a serial killer who murdered my mate.

The only criticism so far is that the skill tree isn't that clear and I've put a few points into things I didn't need.

I'm going to build out my Runner as a Street Samurai (focus on rifles and pistols) with a smattering of hacking and magic.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Taiwan? Oh, you mean "chinese Taipei"?

Blizzard cut another livestream when a us college team held up pro HK signs. I have to say, I'm really curious about this year's Blizzcon

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

It's really good. The writing and tone are really good. The combat is fun and I'm enjoying the fact that so far it's not a save the world plot. I appear to be hunting a serial killer who murdered my mate.

The only criticism so far is that the skill tree isn't that clear and I've put a few points into things I didn't need.

I'm going to build out my Runner as a Street Samurai (focus on rifles and pistols) with a smattering of hacking and magic.

You probably won't have enough skill points to diversify (long time since I played Returns) and both hacking and magic will require a big investment in both points and money for equipment/spells to be useful. Pick a focus and let your teammates fill the niches you won't be able to.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »

You probably won't have enough skill points to diversify (long time since I played Returns) and both hacking and magic will require a big investment in both points and money for equipment/spells to be useful. Pick a focus and let your teammates fill the niches you won't be able to.

Ah ok.

I'm currently on my own so didn't realize that. I've got a basic health spell and some basic hacking but if there are teammates who can cover those for me, I'll just become a gun master.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »

Ah ok.

I'm currently on my own so didn't realize that. I've got a basic health spell and some basic hacking but if there are teammates who can cover those for me, I'll just become a gun master.

I could be wrong, like I said long time since I played Returns and it and its sequels kinda mix in my mind into one thing. In the sequels you have a dedicated team that fills all roles. In the original I don't think you had any teammates except on the occasional missions and had to hire runners if you needed them.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Drones aren't fun to fight in Breakpoint at all.

This discussion has been closed.