As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I know this game is all about RNG Jesus or whatever, but so far at level 20 I've just gotten a solid purple gun or three that I use for like six levels because everything else is green and terrible.

On the one hand, yay purples, on the other hand - give me a reason to use that gun that like, shoots other guns.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Level 50!

And I got a legendary mod. Yay!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I know this game is all about RNG Jesus or whatever, but so far at level 20 I've just gotten a solid purple gun or three that I use for like six levels because everything else is green and terrible.

On the one hand, yay purples, on the other hand - give me a reason to use that gun that like, shoots other guns.

I've had very few good guns drop organically. I'm not in any rush though so I farmed a few bosses on the way up. This all depends on how much you like farming bosses for gear you'll delete not too long after. The most efficient approach is just to rush end game and get help with any rough boss fights. If you don't mind wasting a lot (a loooooottttt) of time, the bosses I recommend are Mouthpiece, Traunt and Graveward.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The various quest reward guns are meant to help carry you through bad spots of luck. I wouldn't waste time farming bosses until Mayhem is unlocked.

• Options
    Unless you want a certain piece of gear.

I really wanted Messy Breakup but right then the loot drops got the nerf.

Does 'Loop of 4N631' have an extra effect besides the cooldown reduction?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Spent about an hour and a half farming El Dragon Jr for the legendary artifact Unleash the Dragon, yesterday. After getting a lot of no drops, no enemy spawns, and about 200+ eridium from various sources, he finally dropped it. Even better, it had +25% Melee Damage.

My melee Amara is now basically a fusion of Yang Xiao Long from RWBY, Saitama from One Punch Man, and Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star - a single punch causes 95% of enemies to either get set on fire, instantly explode, or get set on fire THEN explode. The ignite DoT is so high (in some cases, over 10k), even most Anointed are a case of "punch once, run to next target."

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Spent about an hour and a half farming El Dragon Jr for the legendary artifact Unleash the Dragon, yesterday. After getting a lot of no drops, no enemy spawns, and about 200+ eridium from various sources, he finally dropped it. Even better, it had +25% Melee Damage.

My melee Amara is now basically a fusion of Yang Xiao Long from RWBY, Saitama from One Punch Man, and Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star - a single punch causes 95% of enemies to either get set on fire, instantly explode, or get set on fire THEN explode. The ignite DoT is so high (in some cases, over 10k), even most Anointed are a case of "punch once, run to next target."

This is what I want my endgame Amara to become. I know what to farm now, thank you.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So much loot. So much time.

And so little space in the bank.

EDIT: I think the game wants me to play Amara. Getting a lot of her class mods.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    I love how both Atlas and Maliwan make digs at Tediore being garbage even as they're locked in a battle to the death.

In my headcannon, Marcus is the CEO of Tediore. Who else would want you to use and buy so much ammo!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The spawn rates still suck by the way. Tested on El dragon and he showed up maybe once every 10 times. He also dropped nothing
    No idea why it can't be they always spawn but again in a loot game you can't give players loot

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The spawn rates still suck by the way. Tested on El dragon and he showed up maybe once every 10 times. He also dropped nothing
    No idea why it can't be they always spawn but again in a loot game you can't give players loot

The rare spawn event just started at 9am PDT today.

Gearbox tweaked two spawns:
    [UPDATE:] We're changing how El Dragon Jr and Mother of Grogans function for Rare Spawn Hunt—they will only drop their Legendary Artifacts while playing in Mayhem Mode or True Vault Hunter Mode, so that they won't drop gear you can't equip yet!

• Options
    Well its a bit annoying to find out I wasted my morning

• Options
    Maybe not wasted, I haven't seen any rare spawns. They said there was a "micro patch" that enables the event but no idea if it installed.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

This is what I want my endgame Amara to become. I know what to farm now, thank you.

I'm going to be farming Borman Nates next, to get Psycho Stabber - +120% melee damage - since I'm only using a Cutsman at the moment, which is +60%.

That said, the Cutsman's been good for killing anything immune to ignite DoT, and I have no idea how well Psycho Killer functions as a gun, instead of the intended misshapen knife that it is.

EDIT - Corrected the weapon name; for some reason I thought it was Psycho Killer.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Anyone able to recommend a good build for soloing as Amara through the story? I'm currently level 24 so I've got a handful of points, but not a ton.

What are people finding works the best for solo play during the non-maxed out tier?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a good build for soloing as Amara through the story? I'm currently level 24 so I've got a handful of points, but not a ton.

What are people finding works the best for solo play during the non-maxed out tier?

Fist of the Elements tree. Let’s you clear rooms with ease.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I have to have this stupid level 4 Buttplug in one of my Amara’s slots because it does something like +150% melee damage and no other gun that has dropped comes close

I don’t even use it as a gun, it’s a knife

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I have to have this stupid level 4 Buttplug in one of my Amara’s slots because it does something like +150% melee damage and no other gun that has dropped comes close

I don’t even use it as a gun, it’s a knife

Why does this remind me of the Simpsons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcE0aAhbVFc

EDIT: Has someone drawn Amara wearing Bayonetta's clothes? All these amazing things I hear about her sound like she's getting her own game from Platinum.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Buttplug has like +110% melee and does double damage from behind.

I don't know if that's double the bonus or it doubles your entire melee hit, but either way, it rules.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Got lucky and the Demoskagon dropped a Transformer second try. Needed a second so thats good

Edit Red Jabber is a shithead and hes constantly surrounded by like 4 badasses

King Riptor on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Hm. I got a speedloadin' hellwalker, and I have now approximately tripled the speed with which I kill graveward.

So far I'm keeping all my lvl 50 oranges, but I'm gonna run out of room pretty quick at this rate. I'm finding it difficult to figure out how to prioritize them, since it would take shitload of playtime to meaningfully test them all out.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    Hm. I got a speedloadin' hellwalker, and I have now approximately tripled the speed with which I kill graveward.

So far I'm keeping all my lvl 50 oranges, but I'm gonna run out of room pretty quick at this rate. I'm finding it difficult to figure out how to prioritize them, since it would take shitload of playtime to meaningfully test them all out.

I made 5 mules and it's actually really odd how many doubles( or more) of things I have.

I have 6 butcher's for example. Stormfront is so common I had 9. The drop rates for certian gear seems off

• Options
    Huh. So, I guess Gearbox put in a guardian rank cap in a patch?

.... Why?

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

.... Why?

They didn't say but I'm sure it was a dumb reason

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    so, The Dove replacement is something else

that thing must rock at max level

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    A weird quirk Ive found
    The cryo Butcher is on the whole one of the best guns in the game.
    Unless your modifiers are terrible it will eat through most enemies beside armored with a speed I've not seen in actual machine guns.

• Options
    Annointed are just too much. So oppressive.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Annointed are just too much. So oppressive.

I wouldn’t mind if not for that one asshole who instantly goes immune 20 times a fight.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I enjoy the Whispering Ice quest grenade on my Zane. 258% cryo efficiency, and I'm using an artifact that gives another 50% or so efficiency. The singularity effect is hilarious, watching enemies get yoinked into the land mine mass and then getting flung around, frozen into ice.

e: Do you need to somehow get cryo efficiency on your melee to freeze dudes with it?

Dac on
  • Options

.... Why?

It's not a a rank cap, but a percentage cap. Like, almost all of my 50 ranks of Hunter have gone into Luck. My luck is at like 14.37. If I put another point into luck, it will go to 14.40 or 14.41. Each next point is worth slightly less, such that if I take the number of points out to infinity, you would be at 15 luck.

So basically you'll start with big gains that will trail off the closer you get to 15% in an attribute. Which is to prevent stuff like having 600% gun damage and one shotting everything.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

.... Why?

It's not a a rank cap, but a percentage cap. Like, almost all of my 50 ranks of Hunter have gone into Luck. My luck is at like 14.37. If I put another point into luck, it will go to 14.40 or 14.41. Each next point is worth slightly less, such that if I take the number of points out to infinity, you would be at 15 luck.

So basically you'll start with big gains that will trail off the closer you get to 15% in an attribute. Which is to prevent stuff like having 600% gun damage and one shotting everything.

That's just the diminishing returns thing that even the previous BadAss ranks did. Did they just juice the fall off or something?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Last night I turned on the ability for zane which let's the drone occasionally drop a grenade, and the ability which means the drone lasts longer as I kill people. I also have a money bullish tracker grenade. So much money! I'll be able to afford the sdus quick sharp :) I made around 100k in cash in 30 minutes at level 29. I think it may also help that my grenade is like, 10 levels old, so it's a nice little damage buff but doesn't kill people that much, so it always gets like 3 impacts on every target. The ground is thick with cash :)

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Some of the Anointed need to have an internal cooldown put on their special abilities. The immunity guy obviously needs to have his ability to go immune all the damn time reduced. Likewise, those size-changing Anointed Tinks need to have a cooldown on their size change.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I really hope they fix the performance issues soon so I can get back to playing this. I quit because I didn't want to get burnt out on the content available before the fiance and I get the chance to CO-OP together.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Played some more of this last night trying to get through the story at least before I totally stop playing it. I really want to just play Destiny 2 instead which I started playing with my son last weekend. Although since we are trying to only play that together I guess I'll work my way through this still.

I think I just hit lvl 27 and guess I should see if class mod slot opening up changes anything... Think I just finished Chapter 15. Does the story get any better toward the end or are there any cool environments/bosses on the back third of the game to make things more interesting?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    I mean, if you don't like the first two thirds of the game, probably not.

The final planet is pretty cool, but it isn't some amazingly revolutionary experience that will win you over on this game. If you aren't feeling it, nothing at the end of the game is going to change your feelings about it.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I mean I liked it and it was fun but I'm just getting close to being done with it right now. I don't have a very good track record with finishing games.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Promethea and Eden 6 are probably the best two planets environment wise for me.

• Options
    I do really like their "Galaxy Map" in this game. That opens it up for nearly infinite expandability.

More planets, please!