As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh, this is nice
    oo2ywsp8k3s4.jpg

Not a huge change but hey, more orbs is always better. I wonder if this has to do with certain packs being a better value than others

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    The orb adjustment is because of the slight increase in Japanese tax or whatever. So now the packs give a little more to compensate for that increase, it's just that it so happens to benefit us coincidentally.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh hey I got Ishtar! .... with -Atk

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Dang, Warlock, that +10 +atk swordhardt on your AR defense is mean. Never seen one of those before. He has such balanced defenses!

If I went up the right my AR tank could barely survive him, but if I went left he'd get Azura buffs and wreck me.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so many Arthur, Shana and Berukas

camo_sig.png
    Acheron wrote: »
    Dang, Warlock, that +10 +atk swordhardt on your AR defense is mean. Never seen one of those before. He has such balanced defenses!

If I went up the right my AR tank could barely survive him, but if I went left he'd get Azura buffs and wreck me.

Ha yeah, I was hoping he would be nasty :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2019
    https://youtu.be/DAZu0CPz_wc

WTF another one?

Edit: Oh dang that Halloween banner... Also this new mode is sick. They are basically adding the Tower of Valni!

Warlock82 on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Old Hector+Lilina is adorable.

Very ehhh about Duo heroes. Seems like a reach and a gimmick that wasn't needed. They still ignore the fundamental issues with summoning and skill acquisition.

But I will say the new mode looks great. Kinda what I was hoping when tactics drills came out. Those ended up being absolutely no fun for me, surprisingly. I have so many unfinished because trial and error 100 different times is not rewarding.

Very ehhh about Duo heroes. Seems like a reach and a gimmick that wasn't needed. They still ignore the fundamental issues with summoning and skill acquisition.

But I will say the new mode looks great. Kinda what I was hoping when tactics drills came out. Those ended up being absolutely no fun for me, surprisingly. I have so many unfinished because trial and error 100 different times is not rewarding.

I mean, I am fine with them. A lot of people seem super against them but I don't really see why. They are just a thing as far as I'm concerned :P I'd be curious to see who all was added in this way.

I'll agree they're stupid if they start doing dumb combos tho. Like, Hector+Lilina, absolutely, no question. Something, I dunno, Hector+Matthew or even mixing games? Yeah no. I would hope the characters they use have a really personal connection to each other. For everyone else, that's what Pair Up is for :P (once said heroes get a Legendary version anyways :P)

Warlock82 wrote: »

I mean, I am fine with them. A lot of people seem super against them but I don't really see why. They are just a thing as far as I'm concerned :P I'd be curious to see who all was added in this way.

I'll agree they're stupid if they start doing dumb combos tho. Like, Hector+Lilina, absolutely, no question. Something, I dunno, Hector+Matthew or even mixing games? Yeah no. I would hope the characters they use have a really personal connection to each other. For everyone else, that's what Pair Up is for :P (once said heroes get a Legendary version anyways :P)

wait until they add an option to fuse two heroes together to get the duo card

Surtr/ophelia go!

camo_sig.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/DAZu0CPz_wc

WTF another one?

Edit: Oh dang that Halloween banner... Also this new mode is sick. They are basically adding the Tower of Valni!

Everyone else: Aww, Hector and Lilina are so cute!

Me:

https://youtu.be/cJxSwxexZYo

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Taking bets on how long it will take before we get a male/female duo of either Robin, Corrin, or Byleth in some fashion or another.

Free pull Hector today. That's not Amelia!! Thinking of all the trash still in the old green 5 star pool, what a lucky draw.

I got an Amelia and then pulled a Yune so pretty good.

camo_sig.png
    edited October 2019
    Not very good fodder. And armor units again... Woof. Guess I will use my tickets on red looking for Hector, but no orbs.

Edit-
    Lol GTF outta here Aether raids.

Acheron on
    edited October 2019
    New patch is out. New weapons are kinda meh but Frederick's gets Death Blow in the refine so that seems good.

Edit:

Nice seals (well 2/3)

Warlock82 on
    Pretty happy with the Hawkeye refine. It neuters blade tomes, effectively increased his might by 5 over the slaying axe, and offsets the loss in refined defense or res by lowering enemy attack by 3.

Losing a little visible res can hurt in Astra, but he is strong enough to tink Ophelia after the aoe anyway.

I'm still doing DD3 seal and iceberg to nuke everything that attacks, but I might consider a healing special.

Well rip, I spent too much on this one. God damn La'Rachael didn't want to come home T_T I finally got her but it took way too many orbs. Ton of pity breakers on this one, though like, Tibarn and Brave Celica are ok pity breakers (Myrrh is not... gah, I have too many of you already!)

Got Hector on ticket #3, and... "Hi I'm Siegbert!!" On ticket 5. That asshole has spooked me like 5 times. I treat him as deathblow fodder since Klein became my merge project.

Super lucky banner. Never expected to get the new OP unit. I just heard that it's required to deploy him to even get the Duo Defense building to work in aether raids?

Up til now I've enjoyed AR despite all its BS, but duo units might be the final nail.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I would probably be super into this game if I could just like drop five bucks to buy Edelgard, or whatever unit I wanted.

God, I hate gotcha design

I would probably be super into this game if I could just like drop five bucks to buy Edelgard, or whatever unit I wanted.

God, I hate gotcha design

This is honestly something they should steal from Dragalia - the Dream Summon where you pay a flat fee and then you can just "get" any non-limited hero in the game that you want. I have a feeling it would be crazy popular.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I think even if they did it once every season or so, it'd be neat. Although I can't see them doing it for less than $30.

I think if they took dota 2's method for chests it could work. Give a pool of heroes, each spin gives you one, guaranteed one you didn't get each time until you get them all

camo_sig.png
    Also hall of forms is really fun. I like the planning /strategy involved

camo_sig.png
    I'm making a gacha style game of my own and the mechanism I'm using is a "Target unit" you set, and any roll that doesn't give you that unit increases a counter until you automatically get it.

Hall of Forms is awesome but now I am out of stamina T_T I really hope it refills tomorrow or else this will be lame.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    It does. Same time as Aether and arena stamina.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Is IntSys going to dripfeed us Aesir lore with new mode intros until Book IV starts?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Is IntSys going to dripfeed us Aesir lore with new mode intros until Book IV starts?

Probably. :P I'm waiting for them to stop tip-toeing around Loki being a dragon...

Just completed Hall of Forms. I like it. It kinda captures the feeling of the early days when you couldn't just steamroll things using an optimal team. I got pretty lucky with Celica getting Ragnarok +EFF very early on, but poor Alm was using Silver Sword+ up until he picked up a Dracofalchion around Chamber 16.

I really reminds me how rough it can be as an infantry melee unit without DC or support units toting Dance or movement skills. Moreso in this mode because you often want him to get the first kill, which means not baiting with the mages.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    They all seemed to get their PRFs pretty easily in my experience, but I guess there's not really that many weapons in any given class.

On the other hand, I've got some of them stacking up merges (not sure why, given it's all cleared, but hey—be the best Pokemon trainer) waiting B slot that's not feint/rally related, and did they take reposition out of the running? Because I never saw it once.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited October 2019
    Yeah I feel like their specific legendary+refines had a high chance of coming up. I know I saw Alm's Dracofalcion a few times actually (I already gave him something else so I didn't bother taking it). And I think Ragnarok+Refine was like the second weapon I saw for Celica. Even ended up with Boey's personal weapon (not that it helped him not suck)

Warlock82 on
    Reposition is definitely in there. I got it on Celica around chamber 10.

Delzhand wrote: »
    Reposition is definitely in there. I got it on Celica around chamber 10.

Oh yeah, I saw that one a few times. Even though Boey sucked he still made a nice repo bot :3

I like the mode too and hope they expand it. Great fun, finally a mode that doesn't feel like it's about the rewards. Though I kinda like Rokkr too...

edited October 2019
    I like the mode too and hope they expand it. Great fun, finally a mode that doesn't feel like it's about the rewards. Though I kinda like Rokkr too...

I like Rokkr now that they added sort of a score attack to get accessories to it. It was kind of dull before that

Warlock82 on
    edited October 2019
    I do find it kinda meh that the mode just ends. I was really hoping for a rokkr style "final boss".

Delzhand on