As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    disney+ is literally going to be simpsons machine for me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mickey Mouse will hold a gun to the thing you most hold dear if you try to cancel Disney+

That's the big thing that's keeping me from subscribing outright

like i may watch a new show here or there on it, maybe catch an old series or movie

but i am not big on the mcu or star wars really

however, if there is a ps4 app that lets me watch the simpsons whenever i want

well that's worth 7 bucks a month

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    If it’s home page and player is as competent as even the more obnoxious streaming services than this three year deal I’d say it’s a safe bet for 90% of its audience.

Though I’d like to see it be a huge failure I refuse to dream that big

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Disney+ is mostly going to be a Simpsons machine though I will watch stuff like Ducktales or Gravity B Fails if it's on there.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I will watch the SHIT out of The Ducktales Movie if it's on there.

I rented that for a weekend as a kid and watched it nonstop for the 3 days I had it.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    I can understand the trepidation for prepaying for a streaming service coming from a smaller company that's just trying to get the whole streaming thing off the ground.

But this is Disney. They aren't fucking this up.

Disney fucks things up all the time

It's totally understandable to be anti-Disney, but their streaming service is very likely to run well, and they're not going to lose content that they own, and if they've sold people a 3-year service at a set price, that price won't change within that period. Come on now. There's a point when this becomes silly - people are aware of what Disney is, and don't need to be chastised if they want to get a good deal.

I'm not "chastising" anyone

I wouldn't preorder a streaming service from ANY company, disney or not

It seems like an inherently bad idea to me

people are free to do whatever they want

Yeah like, I'm definitely going to subscribe

But I don't understand the idea of pre-ordering a service

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Because you can save money on something that, by your own admission, you're definitely going to pay for

It's not exactly confusing

i can't give anyone guff on pre-ordering anything

i recently put down a deposit to reserve the right to buy xfl season tickets

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Maddoc wrote: »
    Because you can save money on something that, by your own admission, you're definitely going to pay for

It's not exactly confusing

Oh wait, all pre-orders get that discount?

That makes more sense to me, okay

I mean, it's only like $72 over three years but if you're going to have the service might as well.

Yeah I rescind my concern, outside of the larger fear of pre-ordering in general

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Yeah I'll get the stupid Disney+ bundle with the anime and HBO and shit

May as well consolidate those costs to one thing

That'd be Warner Bros proposed service. Not sure how far along they are, but they talked up bundling bits of DC Universe, Crunchyroll, HBO and a mix of other stuff.

I think the main argument against preordering a long term sub would be if you were more likely to use the service in a on again/off again rotation with other services as things became available.
    You might be able to get all you want out of Disney's service in like 4 months of subbing per year vs a solid 3 years booked.

akajaybay on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    fatuous
    This is a fun word, I don't think I've ever really made space to use it in my life

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the first thing I'm gonna watch on Disney+ is A Goofy Movie

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, at the under-$4 per month price I pre-ordered at, I'd be perfectly happy with my purchase if they never add anything beyond what has already been confirmed. At this point, any new content or original shows/movies just make it feel like an even better deal. But every Disney movie and every Simpsons episode are already worth the baseline cost in my mind.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I upgraded Hulu based solely on how much more often Hulu with ads would crash on me when it went to the ad break. I didn't really mind the ads, but having to regularly restart the episode and try to figure out where you were because the ad couldn't load properly was making the whole experience a lot worse.

I used to have that problem constantly, though I think it's been years since it last happened to me.

steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the first thing I'm gonna watch on Disney+ is A Goofy Movie

"I 2 I" was recently removed from Spotify and it's a goddamn travesty

Not sure if there was a rights issue or what

IKknkhU.gif
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I upgraded Hulu based solely on how much more often Hulu with ads would crash on me when it went to the ad break. I didn't really mind the ads, but having to regularly restart the episode and try to figure out where you were because the ad couldn't load properly was making the whole experience a lot worse.

I used to have that problem constantly, though I think it's been years since it last happened to me.

Yeah this was a long time ago, and I've since moved apartments, upgraded my TV equipment, and upgraded my internet

So it probably wouldn't happen anymore, but now I'm used to not having ads

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Disney+ is just gonna be a thing I add to my Hulu subscription, like HBO, since Hulu is still for some ridiculous reason the only streaming service on Switch

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    With volume 11 being reissued I now own every MST3K episode on disc and can finally retire my vhs tapes.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    By "retire" I assume you mean "keep circulating."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    One of my most ironically treasured possessions is a stack of VCDs a friend gave me in 2006 which contain every episode of MSTK up to that point, under the twin delusions that 1) I had any device that could play VCDs and 2) that the format itself wasn't rendered obsolete the year prior.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    man I should get a copy of MST3K: The Movie

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Hulu with ads has some rule where it won't show you the same ads a certain amount of times.

...what I'm trying to say is 5 episodes into an ER binge it becomes Hulu ad free for the rest of the day.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I keep getting ads for Sound Transit on Hulu

Moriveth on
    yeah that's because they're about to lose twenty billion in funding to another tim eyman initiative

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    We called it the ‘tv box’ which was hella confusing for anyone visiting.

It took 10 years but I trained it out and now call it remote.

I kinda like ‘the buttons’ though

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    One of my most ironically treasured possessions is a stack of VCDs a friend gave me in 2006 which contain every episode of MSTK up to that point, under the twin delusions that 1) I had any device that could play VCDs and 2) that the format itself wasn't rendered obsolete the year prior.

If you ever want to get rid of those I'd give them a good home!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm gonna get Disney+

for its free month.

And I'm gonna watch the two things I wanna watch and then I'll cancel it and then delete the HEY COME BACK emails I'll get every week instead of unsubscribing to their email thing because I don't know I guess I just like turning those sorts of services down regularly it makes me feel like I have a little power maybe

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I will watch the SHIT out of The Ducktales Movie if it's on there.

I rented that for a weekend as a kid and watched it nonstop for the 3 days I had it.

is that the one with the genie in the lamp and like a swimming pool full of giant ice cream?

oh my god riverdale
    stunt casting shannen doherty as the woman fred andrews died helping

fucking wrecked me
    she was so goddamned good. the emotion was clearly genuine

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I finished The Boys a couple of days back. Pretty decent show. Never less than watchable (except for the points where it got a little gross).

I hope they don't drag the show out too much though. The way they've set up this story, it should wrap up in, at the very most, two more seasons.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    It's a good show on Amazon. Even if the story goes on for more than 3 seasons they will cancel it anyway.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    oh my god riverdale
    stunt casting shannen doherty as the woman fred andrews died helping

fucking wrecked me
    she was so goddamned good. the emotion was clearly genuine

Yeah, I cried a little. The bit where Archie pulls back into town hit real hard, too.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother watches the Masked Singer and does make fun of the douche and silly goose that sit to the right {his right on Tv facing them to his left} of Dr Ken Jeong as trying to reboot their careers
    When it came to the Eagle I said as a joke it's Dr Drew! half paying attention and making fun of how tiny someone was as they needed help getting to the stage

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yup, watched Riverdale and I'm a goddamned mess right now.

sig.gif
    edited October 2019
    Brainleech wrote: »
    My brother watches the Masked Singer and does make fun of the douche and silly goose that sit to the right {his right on Tv facing them to his left} of Dr Ken Jeong as trying to reboot their careers
    When it came to the MOTHERFUCKER I said as a joke it's MOTHERFUCKER half paying attention and making fun of how tiny someone was as they needed help getting to the stage

This better not be a God damned spoiler!

MOTHER FUCKER!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Oh are we talking about motherfuckers in here? Vikings has a new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA3v1RSssXE

sig.gif
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I started Unbelievable. This is a very good show that is very difficult to watch.

This discussion has been closed.