As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

gdi geth [chat]

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    okay i just bought the computer and i'm gonna go pick it up at a shop a couple blocks away from the gf's place

holy shit that is a lot of money i just dropped...

but also every time i drop a ton of money on a computer or other device it is extremely worth it

thank you all for your advice, regardless of whether i followed it

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    okay i just bought the computer and i'm gonna go pick it up at a shop a couple blocks away from the gf's place

holy shit that is a lot of money i just dropped...

but also every time i drop a ton of money on a computer or other device it is extremely worth it

thank you all for your advice, regardless of whether i followed it

i feel like this alienware laptop will hold up for a lifetime of gaming needs

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Consume, EM. CONSUME.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tiberian Sun was fun.

So was Red Alert 2

Fell off the wagon after that

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jrx, the reviews I read suggested the trident 3 is quite well put together and easy to customize, at the expense of the processor and power supply (which is an external brick) being unchangeable

So adding more storage and RAM is entirely plausible even for me

@Evil Multifarious I have 2 sticks of 8GB 2600 DDR4 RAM, red GSkill RIPJAWS, so 16 total, and if you're looking to upgrade hit me up and I'll get it to you dirt cheap.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    in C&C5 Kane will be back and they will continue to never explain anything

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    C&C3 I remember having fun with. I remember there being some drm hooplah but other than that I remember the game as being good.

C&C4 on the other hand....

Consume, EM. CONSUME.

I never don't

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    3 was actually good!

4, however, was EA'd.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    C&C3 was fun, but the unit power & cost balance was BONKERS

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    SPAAAAAAACE

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    fuck

I just spent 30min on the bathroom floor with the blow dryer running trying to fight chills and waiting to vomit

flu season!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    fuck

I just spent 30min on the bathroom floor with the blow dryer running trying to fight chills and waiting to vomit

flu season!

Vaccine scheduled for Saturday.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    C&C 3 didn't bomb. It wasn't a runaway success or anything but it definitely didn't bomb. It had reviews roughly in line with the other entries into the series and sold well over a million copies which is decent for any PC RTS game that isn't Starcraft.

C&C 4 was when the series shat the bed because of many reasons that all basically boil down to EA is EA.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Am I the only person who hasn't ever played a C&C game?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Did they ever release that C&C third person shooter back in the 90s?

PSN: Honkalot
    Brody wrote: »
    Am I the only person who hasn't ever played a C&C game?

No, Mother Theresa was famously a huge Blizzard fanboy so she wouldn't touch the series out of spite.

But I guess she's dead now.

So yes.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

Renegade was a FPS and it kicked ass

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    fuck

flu season!

Vaccine scheduled for Saturday.
    had mine today

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMIn9xiPRY

There was a FPS that had a pretty meh single player campaign but a surprisingly fun multiplayer mode called C&C Renegade but I don't think there was ever a third person shooter.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Okay. I'm going to walk in to REI, buy a sleeping bag, and walk back out.

*$300 later*

I very clearly need this mini cooler and lithium battery lamp.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The name makes sense because nothing says renegade like being the henchman of the world wide good guy cops.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    U might have anxiety if: the things that were making u sob uncontrollably on your porch don't even feel real or relevant when you're done sobbing lol

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Okay. I'm going to walk in to REI, buy a sleeping bag, and walk back out.

*$300 later*

I very clearly need this mini cooler and lithium battery lamp.

0nu47ssp5u9q.jpg

C&C generals was the best one tho

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Yeah much better to be a henchmen for the group that enslaves third world countries and then uses the citizens as test subjects so their crazy leader can play with the toxic space crystals that are slowly engulfing the world :P

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I know there were several shooter/action games that were started and then shut down quickly. Don't know if many ever had trailers made for them though. There's a retrospective on the C&C series somewhere on YT that goes through all the different unnamed projects that EA tried getting going and then cancelled which is fairly interesting.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Yeah much better to be a henchmen for the group that enslaves third world countries and then uses the citizens as test subjects so their crazy leader can play with the toxic space crystals that are slowly engulfing the world :P

Yeahbuthaveyouconsidered
    kane was right

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    C&C is one of those games that are old enough and have not had an iteration long enough to be forgotten. And for us old people to be remembered for the historic RTS that it was along side TA. Oh and like Ultima. Or Radio Shack.

Jubal77 on

Eh, I thought releasing a game two years after 9/11 with one of the factions being a stereotypical terrorist organization was a little gross

Someone in my family (whom I'm not close to) was just convicted of a sex crime. Wow.

This is a really strange feeling. I don't want to believe it but it seems pretty definitive. They're going to appeal but woof.

Eh, I thought releasing a game two years after 9/11 with one of the factions being a stereotypical terrorist organization was a little gross

Yeah but I was like 11 so

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Someone in my family (whom I'm not close to) was just convicted of a sex crime. Wow.

This is a really strange feeling. I don't want to believe it but it seems pretty definitive. They're going to appeal but woof.

Holy shit, were you aware of the trial or was this a double whammy?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I was 9/

PSN: Honkalot
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah it's been going on for a while

Guilty on three counts. Must have been a strong case, which is upsetting.

Preacher wrote: »

Yeah it's been going on for a while

Guilty on three counts. Must have been a strong case, which is upsetting.

Yeah I was in my 20s and after seeing all of the shit that muslims had been getting thrown at them post 9/11 my reaction was more "Fucking seriously, EA?"

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    You know, for a company that claims to take privacy seriously, Apple makes it _extremely_ difficult to control information leak.

This discussion has been closed.