As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2020 Date

GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
BOSTON, MA
FEB 27 - MAR 1, 2020

I'm sure BCEC availability had to have played a part, but I have to question that decision based on Boston's weather during that part of the year.

Black lives matter.
Law and Order ≠ Justice
ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
xu257gunns6e.png

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I'm totally stoked for another PAX, especially March 1 being my birthday. The weather, however, is going to be a big factor hapening so early! Is this the earliest PAX East has been?

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I'm totally stoked for another PAX, especially March 1 being my birthday. The weather, however, is going to be a big factor hapening so early! Is this the earliest PAX East has been?

This is the earliest so far, although a few years ago it was held on the first weekend of March. This became notorious because Massachusetts (and New England in general) was going through a state of emergency due to multiple back to back blizzards. While nothing happened that weekend, a blizzard the weekend prior coupled with dozens of feet of snow had shut down several rail lines and closed off most sidewalks. As a New Englander, this is not the norm. Winter this year was fairly mild and ended shortly into March.

Unfortunately, these schedules are decided years in advance and PAX is forced to take a date that won't interfere with their other shows. While I believe it's not looked highly upon on the forums, an alleged schedule of every PAX East dating out to 2027 was 'leaked' on the internet years ago. As someone who has seen it, so far it has been 100% accurate in naming the actual weekend (minus Thursdays, since it came out long before they added a fourth day). But since it isn't official, and anything can happen, I still wouldn't advise planning around it.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Yes. Yes.

It will be terrible.

Everyone should stay home this time.

Please don't come.

*buys plane ticket*

• cpmcpm dishwasher flowery branch gaRegistered User new member
    I would love to go.

• TeholTehol Registered User new member
    I'll be there regardless of how much snow there is or what the weather is lol.

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Driving from Buffalo to Boston in February is always a dicey prospect, but missed last year so worth it for me.

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Well last time somehow you guys made it after like the worst snow storm in Boston since the one from the 70s people around here absolutely will not shut the hell up about.

Other than it being probably cold, hopefully you won't have another "once in a century" storm

My personal recommendation, LAYER uniqlo down jackets. THey come with stuff bags. I basically take a light puff jacket and puff vest inside. Sit outside and freeze, then go inside and shove both of them inside their stuff bag. They compact very well and then you don't have to line up for coat check later on.

• MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    So...we gonna talk about these cryptic hints on Twitter?

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Marino wrote: »

Seems like this might be the week? If so, good luck to those waiting.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Its just stressing me out tbh :surprised:

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Not with AUS this weekend. I think the Reddit guesses of Thursday the 24th (or at least sometime that week) are probably accurate, although we'll see.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
    Yeh, but haven't the last two years ticket sales been in November? Those tweets were weird, though.

jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Yeh, but haven't the last two years ticket sales been in November? Those tweets were weird, though.

Yes, they've been in November the last few years. But since this is so much earlier in the year, I think the ticket sales will be earlier too

5fhxvn385q28.png
    Oooh, crap. I didn't think of that. Guess I have to religiously follow twitter again, hehe.

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    SOOO glad to see they brought back the multi-day pass this year.

Good luck to those getting tix this year..

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    We thinking this is the week?

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Hopefully so! But if it is tomorrow, I am on the road when they might drop, so I hope it is another day. :-)

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    The rumbling is on the horizon...

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

On this day today, we remember the great Tycho Brahe. He was an astronomer ahead of his years, had a nose of silver, fancied himself a drink with his pet elkand wasn't afraid to make mathematics a physical affair. And #PAXEast 2020 badges go on sale today at 3:00pm est.

Good luck to those planning to attend.

Edit:
    Changed linked tweet

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png

PAX East tickets go on sale 3pm EST TODAY

Or is it 4pm? lol
    We are in EDT time right now (Daylight Savings Crap) so technically 3pm EST is 4pm EDT..

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Check both times, even check at least a few minutes prior to each time. Early bird gets the worm! Very thankful that they announced the timing this year. Is this a first?

Basically no one ever uses EDT properly when it's what they actually mean. They almost certainly meant 3 PM regardless of daylight saving.

Basically no one ever uses EDT properly when it's what they actually mean. They almost certainly meant 3 PM regardless of daylight saving.

No doubt BUT.. ya never know... all this talk about math and astronomy lol.. maybe throw a few people off..hah

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
This discussion has been closed.