As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    anyone can push darby, he’s a small dude

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    It makes a lot of sense for a dentist to use the Mandible Claw as a finish.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Between AEW Dark and tonight, I love Britt Baker making an alteration to her regular finisher

The dentist now hurts her opponent's mouth so they have to go to her in their offtime :3

• Options
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wait

wait

... R.I.P. the Orange Cassidy Orange Cassidy Picture shirt :(:(:(

EDIT: Kale has reminded me that he doesn't always wear that shirt, so hopefully we haven't seen the last of it

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Between AEW Dark and tonight, I love Britt Baker making an alteration to her regular finisher

The dentist now hurts her opponent's mouth so they have to go to her in their offtime :3

lol Penelope's face killed me

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    And after this Mox gets on a plane to Japan for a no DQ match against juice on monday

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I honestly haven't noticed it. Does Moxley still do that dumb little rope move he used to do in WWE? Where he'd kinda like run the ropes but lean through the middle one before running back in.

This dumb move.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Barbed wire broom!!!

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I've always been a fan of Ambrose/Moxley, but goddamn if he isn't 1000x better outside of WWE.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Glad Kenny is getting back into the bullshit right before he returns to DDT clearly he's getting ready for a weapons rumble match against MAO.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Kanden wrote: »
    I honestly haven't noticed it. Does Moxley still do that dumb little rope move he used to do in WWE? Where he'd kinda like run the ropes but lean through the middle one before running back in.

This dumb move.

The wacky line has not been done yet outside of WWE

In this match he did a semi one where he took a bump that rolled him over and when he got up he hit a lariat, but that's as close as he got

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I just noticed that they're doing win/loss records in the chyron graphics. That's pretty cool.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I’m so pleased that Emi Sakura is still doing Freddy Mercury cosplay.

• Options
    I forgot how good Dustins moveset is

• Options
    Confirmed for next week's Dynamite:

Chris Jericho defends the world title against Darby Allin
    Riho defends the women's title against Britt Baker

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Careful JR

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Really aready?

Way

Oh good it was a double fakeout

Ahahaha

This is an amazing mess

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Mox vs Spears is just me trying to figure out why I hate these two popular dudes

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    AEW perfecting the art of the wild closing angle

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I really like what AEW is doing with character alignment

Characters have goals, relationships, and motivations, and sometimes that makes them heels, and other times, faces

It's simple storytelling done well

• Options
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    At least once a week I misread Riho as Rhino and get super confused for a second.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I had to rewind the last minute just to see the skateboard part again

Darby Allin is shooting up my AEW Wrestle List with every trick

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    AEW, film a Darby training montage at the skatepark near the Art Museum with Eye of the Tiger thanks

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Confirmed for next week's Dynamite:

So unless there's a fifth match added, the card currently looks like:

Lucha Bros vs Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus) in the first round of the tag title tournament
    Best Friends vs SCU (Daniels and Kaz) in the first round of the tag title tournament

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    KUSHIDA is relatable because he really likes Back to the Future, just like me!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I liked this Dynamite a whole lot

Characters have layers and actual desires and aren't just cardboard cut out good or evil folks

The wrestling ranged from totally watchable to completely outstanding (that Private Party/Young Bucks match was on par with just about anything from a Takeover).

And the show itself continues to be well made, paced and produced. Only technical things I noticed were how awkward the cut to blacks were for surprises or whatever and the ill-timed cutaways from Pac which were so funny they might have been intentional.

Only gripe is next episode shouldn't end in another clusterfuck. Tonight was a lot of fun but every show can't end that way

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also while the faction hasn't won me over yet enough to buy it

The Inner Circle shirt is legitimately good and well designed
    f6cmpgjctlwm.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The finish to the Joey/Kenny hardcore match is on reddit

lol that match is going to be great on Tuesday

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Shit I love that little cordon for Private Party's entrance with the bouncer.

This is a weird criticism maybe, but there are too many people using neon green on their outfits.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Well, I hope the match was worth watching, now that the ending's been spoiled.

Sigh, this new schedule is such a pain in the ass...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Well, I hope the match was worth watching, now that the ending's been spoiled.

Sigh, this new schedule is such a pain in the ass...

I would bet that it is.

Still pretty crap that spoilers are just being dumped into the thread like that without warning.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    These are live shows. I don't think it's particularly realistic to expect spoiler tags in here about what happens during them.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've watched both AEW shows now and the dark show and they were great. The matches were amazing and the tag team division is what really pulled me in.

Quick question though - how much is the hardcore unsanctioned stuff a part of the league? I'm completely not into that stuff and really don't want to get into something where that's a major aspect.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Just twice so far. There was one between Joey Janela and Jon Moxley at one of their early shows, and another between Janela and Kenny Omega that they shot for AEW Dark last night.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The ending of Dynamite reminded me of the best endings of Raw and Nitro, where a bunch of different storylines would come together into a huge brawl.

Like mentioned, it can't end like this every night, but it adds to the show and makes it feel like the wrestlers actually exist in a world, and not just acknowledge for one moment they're on tv.

This discussion has been closed.