As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    It's pretty fucking wild that Blizz hasn't said anything yet

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Note that account deletion seems to be working again. It's likely that it was down not due to nefarious reasons, but rather the sheer volume of users using it.

liEt3nH.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Note that account deletion seems to be working again. It's likely that it was down not due to nefarious reasons, but rather the sheer volume of users using it.

Kind of a bad look either way haha

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    It's not where you want to be

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    liberate hong kong, revolution of our times

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    As an IT I can actually kind of sympathize

I'm sure they allocated as little resources as possible to whatever systems handle account deletion and then were totally ill-prepared for the gaming version of a bank run

And there's probably one wild-eyed harried disheveled dude in a datacenter somewhere going "I told you we needed more hosts in the account deletion cluster! I knew this would happen! You should have listened to me!"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm curious how many other companies have their actuaries crunching numbers about what their response should be if something similar happens to them.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm curious how many other companies have their actuaries crunching numbers about what their response should be if something similar happens to them.

All of the ones that have significant Chinese investments/sources of income, I would imagine.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Of course part me is like, "what the hell were ActiBlizzard thinking? It was obviously going to get ugly."

But this has morphed way beyond bad PR.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Feral wrote: »
    As an IT I can actually kind of sympathize

I'm sure they allocated as little resources as possible to whatever systems handle account deletion and then were totally ill-prepared for the gaming version of a bank run

And there's probably one wild-eyed harried disheveled dude in a datacenter somewhere going "I told you we needed more hosts in the account deletion cluster! I knew this would happen! You should have listened to me!"
    That’s a person who saw the traffic spike wrote a sticky note that says load balance account deletion cluster and calls out sick.

zepherin on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    It's pretty fucking wild that Blizz hasn't said anything yet

Blizz has said something, to China:

3innty5cmjr31.jpg

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That's 2 days old, it says 10-8 at the top.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    also technically speaking, that's not blizzard, that's netease

DNiDlnb.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    To beat this week’s brawl:

1) Pick Lazul
    2) get the treasure that reduces hero powers by one and gives you a second use per turn(making hers zero)
    3) draft as many sylvanas’s as you can. Use the spell that copies a minion and adds it to your deck on an enemy sylvanas
    4) summon endless 1/1 sylvanases for free.
    5) kill the horseman with his own head.

Your wish is my suggestion...

amq5gxu9h1yz.png
    Not a bad turn 2.

52ed3hiyw3hl.png
    Followed up by a decent turn 3.

9hydavuawcil.png
    I take your head!

5b86czc5v3dy.png
    Yup, that's x7 Sylvannas. Only drafted one, but got x2 Mirror and the Banana spell to go off. Also, I got the "Empty Loot Box" three times, which allowed me to keep my draft full of good cards instead of adding more garbage.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

asdf

hippofant on
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Yeah, people are so mad they are jumping to conclusions now on Reddit and insist it's Blizzard way of trying to hold on to subs. As in can't unsubcribe if we disable the unsubcribe button.

Which doesn't make any sense.

I can at least understand people being mad for the decision to ban the championship winner, but this becoming a mob mentality that is striking out blindly at streamers and what is probably just technical issues.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    edited October 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »

1) Pick Lazul
    2) get the treasure that reduces hero powers by one and gives you a second use per turn(making hers zero)
    3) draft as many sylvanas’s as you can. Use the spell that copies a minion and adds it to your deck on an enemy sylvanas

Your wish is my suggestion...

Yup, that's x7 Sylvannas. Only drafted one, but got x2 Mirror and the Banana spell to go off. Also, I got the "Empty Loot Box" three times, which allowed me to keep my draft full of good cards instead of adding more garbage.

And to say something game related since two days:

Finished it in 38 minutes, first try thanks to this advice. Thanks!

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Anyone else speed running the Brawl?

ehcgk41capk6.jpeg

Best Friend Forever is the most OP treasure ever.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    How does that one work?

I picked one but found no way to get more....

Edit: Nvm just found a redditpost on it.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    bwanie wrote: »
    How does that one work?

Great, now I have to wade through reddit to find the relevant post and find out myself.

See my profile here!
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    K new run...let's add some more.

*Slaps roof of tavernbrawl deck*
    This badboy can fit so many best friends

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    How does that one work?

Great, now I have to wade through reddit to find the relevant post and find out myself.

Best Friend Forever is a 1/1 with charge and taunt. If you have more than one in your hand and deck, they combine to make a bigger one, and you draw a card for each one in your hand (to replace the card that you just lost). If you have ten of them, you get a 1 mana 10/10 charger. If you have 20, you have a 1 mana 20/20 charger.

A deck can have up to 20 of them carry forward between runs.

So, you get one, and then use the Magic Mirror treasure to keep adding more to your deck. You then do runs where you get a lot of T1/T2 kills on bosses, and load times become the biggest limiting factor.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Dr Boom seems fun (especially if you get the Treasure that makes your HP cost one less and can be used twice, with an elekk out you get to shuffle 8 bombs a turn into your opponents deck).

Fun until the headless horseman's head comes off and renders the bombs all completely useless :-1:

steam_sig.png
    It's always fun and games untill a head comes off.

See my profile here!
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Tavern brawl is fun, got 29 minutes. Dr boom is the best.
    Is there a reward for beating the timer this time around?

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Yeah some golden card at 1 hour and then 40 minutes. Couldn't even tell you which ones.

You get a pack at 1 hour and a golden Mage card at 40.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    For some reason I thought there was a reward for 20 minutes and was mildly upset when I cleared it in 21

edited October 2019

1) Pick Lazul

hey so i did this too, but without getting offered a single Sylvanas in the buckets

thanks Magic Mirror 8-)

(also, Banana Split on a 1/1 Sylv creates two 7/7s instead wowza!!)

also, i found it very interesting that they offered you empty loot boxes! i found myself taking those quite a bit, actually, and not even because the other buckets were bad; it's because i wanted the consistency of having a smaller deck. i guess that was included to offset not having Bob, maybe? or maybe they're trying out something for the next Adventure. s'cool, tho.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Dibby wrote: »

1) Pick Lazul

hey so i did this too, but without getting offered a single Sylvanas in the buckets

thanks Magic Mirror 8-)

also, i found it very interesting that they offered you empty loot boxes! i found myself taking those quite a bit, actually, and not even because the other buckets were bad; it's because i wanted the consistency of having a smaller deck. i guess that was included to offset not having Bob, maybe? or maybe they're trying out something for the next Adventure. s'cool, tho.

No, the Banana Split was played on my 5/5 Sylvanas, which I got by playing Magic Mirror on a 1/1 Sylvanas.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

1) Pick Lazul

thanks Magic Mirror 8-)

the buckets were pro-hong kong and were fired

liEt3nH.png

1) Pick Lazul

thanks Magic Mirror 8-)

No, the Banana Split was played on my 5/5 Sylvanas, which I got by playing Magic Mirror on a 1/1 Sylvanas.

I wasn't talking about yours, I was talking about mine :V

In my game I used Banana Split on a 1/1 Sylv, created from HP, which buffed 1/1 Sylv to 3/3, but also created two 7/7s

DNiDlnb.png
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Heroic Tombs of Terror is down on the back of an 159 damage Gatling Wand. Thank you, Reno.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Wow. Admirable just said he’s pulling out of all Grandmaster casting. Much respect.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    You get a pack at 1 hour and a golden Mage card at 40.
    Thanks for the info.

Shit, guess I gotta do this one on my PC again as well. :(

lwt1973 wrote: »
    Wow. Admirable just said he’s pulling out of all Grandmaster casting. Much respect.

that's Admirable

liEt3nH.png
    lwt1973 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/thatsad mirable/status/1182429866576138240?s=21

that's Admirable

mods

Steam profile
    So you know how one of the collegiate teams held up a sign in support of Hong Kong recently?

Blizzards didn't care apparently?
    Jragghen wrote: »

Good for the students. The radio silence from Blizz is weird

Steam profile
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Well, their lawyers I'm sure aren't silent!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra