As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Phalla] draws near! Day 8▶Boing!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I went to rimilder last night since someone up thread said they got an item, I couldn’t get past the monsters.

Maybe groups don’t matter, but only one person at random gets through per night?

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I’ll counter that with another suggestion.

I think it’s a mafia ability. I went to Hauksness and got blocked by monsters as well, so i think they can choose to block certain locations.

So, let’s not announce in thread where people are going anymore.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular

I think it’s a mafia ability. I went to Hauksness and got blocked by monsters as well, so i think they can choose to block certain locations.

This should be fairly easy to (attempt to) confirm:

Did anyone go to a place that WASN'T mentioned in the thread as a good explore target (I think only Rim and Hauk were floated as good targets) and still got turned away by monsters?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I went to the grave and got an item

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I went to the mountain and got an item

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I went to the grave and got an item

I wanted that item!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I think I might have never been voted out.
    H3Knuckles for hubris.

I gotta go to work but I'll be back before close.

I feel like I should clarify that I don't see that as a boast; I think my avoiding votes has been because the more experienced players have decided I'm not much of a threat when I'm playing low key. I seem to survive when I'm not aggressively networking or playing a big role in the thread, and if I do either of those I usually get killed.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    nooooooooo

i forgot to voooooooooote

Or tell us more about Rimuldar, but nobody else took me up on that either.

I tried to go there, the wilderness surrounding it had too many monsters. Rimuldar in the game is a safe village (unlike Haukness), so to me this suggests that either the monster gating is a mafia ability, or it's meant to be the random encounters you have to fight on the way (unless you perfectly time things to manipulate the games RNG to avoid them, like that speedrunner). If it's the latter, I guess we need to find a weapon but none of the available locations that should be accessible have ones to find IIRC. Although I guess Sir Fab was probably telling the truth about that shield that shouldn't have been there if we're sticking to the game, so who knows?
    discrider wrote: »
    :confused:
    Why would a villager kill ZH?
    Why would the mafia kill Locus?

Makes me think I have the kill attribution backwards and the dragon's the vig

[bolding mine] Definitely not.

Y'know, early day two I was almost wondering about ZH being the one who suggested the shortlist, and then being so quick to push that we needed something else to get past the 'too many monsters'. Glad I didn't act on that since I was wrong to suspect him, but frustrated I didn't at least bring up the 'maybe mafia can block 3 places a night' theory in thread (figure ~5 mafia originally, so I wonder what the other two powers are/were).

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the Darkness feels alive here might mean?

I haven't played this game, so I'm mostly just playing regular Phalla.

I found a treasure box, but it was empty at the castle.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Just some mechanics speculation regarding mafia:
    1. Dragon Lord - either tempting the hero to betray the village, or turning into a dragon if attacked*
    2. Green Dragon - guarding a location for a night
    3. Red Dragon - guarding a location for a night
    4. Blue Dragon - guarding a location for a night
    5. Golem - preventing us from being able to explore the optional hidden village (which has some cool gear, but none of Erdrick's stuff) until they are removed from play
    Mafia group kill would be the burning death (hence the three words being used). Thoughts?

*Yeah, Dragon Lord is basically male Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, isn't he? Tall, weird-looking sorcerous person in dark robes, with a cap that has big horns on it, lives in a spooky castle, acts against a princess and takes the light/life away from the kingdom. Turns into a dragon when attacked by the hero, too. Funny that they were just taking a cue from Disney, but inadvertently created the videogame trope of the final villain always having a 'true form' that has to be defeated after their first.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2019
    Assuran wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Darkness feels alive here might mean?

I haven't played this game, so I'm mostly just playing regular Phalla.

I found a treasure box, but it was empty at the castle.

There is a variation of the skeleton enemies that's represented as a pure shadow. If you mean Charlock, the shadow skeleton can appear there, and there are two items that can be obtained: Erdrick's sword (from a chest), and the Ball of Light (from defeating Dragon Lord). Maybe someone already got the sword?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Cool, well, someone likely has the sword then.

H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Just some mechanics speculation regarding mafia:
    1. Dragon Lord - either tempting the hero to betray the village, or turning into a dragon if attacked*
    2. Green Dragon - guarding a location for a night
    3. Red Dragon - guarding a location for a night
    4. Blue Dragon - guarding a location for a night
    5. Golem - preventing us from being able to explore the optional hidden village (which has some cool gear, but none of Erdrick's stuff) until they are removed from play
    Mafia group kill would be the burning death (hence the three words being used). Thoughts?

*Yeah, Dragon Lord is basically male Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, isn't he? Tall, weird-looking sorcerous person in dark robes, with a cap that has big horns on it, lives in a spooky castle, acts against a princess and takes the light/life away from the kingdom. Turns into a dragon when attacked by the hero, too. Funny that they were just taking a cue from Disney, but inadvertently created the videogame trope of the final villain always having a 'true form' that has to be defeated after their first.

Thank you for this break down!!

We already know that mrpaku was dragonlord, so we can count that out. So, we need to be on the look out to who could be green Dragon, red dragon, blue dragon, and golem. From my understanding the analysis that @H3Knuckles has made makes most sense given how people searched caves and monsters prevented searches and then some searched the same the next day (and didn't say anything) and got items.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Now I understand that h3knuckles is spitballing ideas, but given that I have no idea what the game is and this is the best info given, I am rolling with it.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cool, but who do you think is bad (aside from me)

It could be the cold medicine kicking in...but AustinP007 and LostNinja seem more quite than previous games I've been in with them, so they're on my suspects list as well.

edited October 2019
    Also, AustinP007 voted for me, so there is that

Edit: and by voted for me I mean started the vote wagon on me.

Also, Assuran was second on that wagon, so they are on my list as well.

MamaWolf on
    LostNinja isn't top if my list, because when they do post they do give out a good bit of information.

:confused:
    Why would a villager kill ZH?
    Why would the mafia kill Locus?

Makes me think I have the kill attribution backwards and the dragon's the vig

Could be caused by my bad MrPaku analysis actually.
    -_-

Otherwise we get to ask Mamawolf what she thinks of Green after Locus accused him and died

Locus wrote: »
    I'd probably look among the last minute voters who avoided the competing bandwagons altogether. Mafia wouldn't want to vote for mrpaku, because the vote was still close and it was still possible they would not be voted out. But couldn't vote for one of the other bandwagons to save mrpaku, because that would draw attention. So they vote in a completely different direction and hope for the best.

In this case that would be Sir Fab and Green.

I misremembered, but this accusation

Potentially, if the mafia blocking items is correct, Locus may have picked up an item day 1 or about to day 2, and mafia offed him to get rid of the item.
    Has anyone been in contact with Locus or Phoenix-D before they died, and did they go somewhere not blocked?

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Day 1 Votes:
    Obifett: discrider (1), Sir Fabulous (26)
    premium: AustinP0027 (2), Zombie Hero (3), mrpaku (20)
    Bedlam: Lucedes (4),
    Lucedes: Bedlam (5),
    mrpaku: Assuran (6), Romantic Undead (17), discrider (22), premium (24), kime (27)
    kime: Cythraul (7), H3Knuckles (10)
    Auralynx: Obifett (8), JPants (16)
    Sir Fabulous: discrider (9)
    Green: El Skid (11)
    H3Knuckles: Lost Ninja (12), MamaWolf (14)
    Zombie Hero: Locus (13)
    discrider: Egos (15)
    Romantic Undead: Kilnaga (18), Phoenix-D (21), Bluecyan (25)
    Kilnaga: Gizzy (19)
    Bluecyan: Auralynx (23)
    El Skid: Green (28)

Day 2 Votes:
    Sir Fabulous: discrider (1), Locus (5), Gizzy (8), ObiFett (12), Auralynx (13), Egos (14), MamaWolf (15), JPants (22), premium (24), Bedlam (25)
    H3Knuckles: Bedlam (2)
    Auralynx: H3Knuckles (3), Sir Fabulous (10)
    Phoenix-D: Cythraul (4) (An "Oops, he's already dead, isn't he?" Vote)
    Green: Cythraul (6), LostNinja (7), El Skid (16)
    kime: discrider (9)
    Bedlam: discrider (11)
    MamaWolf: AustinP0027 (17), Assuran (18), Zombie Hero (19), discrider (20), kime (23), Kilnaga (26)
    Gizzy: Romantic Undead (21)

Day 3 Current Votes:
    MamaWolf: discrider (1)
    discrider: MamaWolf (2)
    Green: discrider (3)

Thoughts from the vote records:
    1) Discrider switches their vote around like crazy compared to pretty much everybody else. Also, managed to get the very first vote every single day so far.

2) I think kime's vote Day 1 could be considered somewhat suspicious; mrpaku was already leading the village vote when kime dumped a late vote onto the wagon.

3) Then there was mrpaku's "dice rolled" tiebreaker vote that happened during Day 1.
    mrpaku wrote: »
    If I'm reading this right, and please someone correct me if I'm not:

Currently in the lead, with two votes apiece- kime, auralynx, mrpaku, H3knuckles, Bedlam, premium...

premium for self preservation and to break up the current six way tie for the vote (sorry premium, I rolled a dice and your number came up). How long we got until vote close?
    Now that we know mrpaku was mafia his previous actions become more suspect. Did he really "roll dice" and vote premium? Or was he deflecting away from other potential mafia members he may have been tied with at the time? Or some kind of fake out where he wanted us to focus on those names and not premium? At the very least I'd say kime, Auralynx, H3Knuckles, Bedlam, and premium warrant a closer inspection.

4) Day 2 had a massive bandwagon on Sir Fabulous, people piling on votes at points where he was well head in the vote count. We see certain names linked to previous mentioned suspicious activity reappear: Auralynx, premium, Bedlam.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    I mean, Sir Fab claimed having an item in thread.
    Any votes after that could be mafia dumping on him to get rid of the item.

MamaWolf wrote: »

Assuran was also the first vote on mrpaku on Day 1.
    Locus wrote: »
    I'd probably look among the last minute voters who avoided the competing bandwagons altogether. Mafia wouldn't want to vote for mrpaku, because the vote was still close and it was still possible they would not be voted out. But couldn't vote for one of the other bandwagons to save mrpaku, because that would draw attention. So they vote in a completely different direction and hope for the best.

In this case that would be Sir Fab and Green.

I misremembered, but this accusation

This really doesn't seem to mean much given that Locus didn't actually vote for Green. And all the people who did vote for Green on Day 1 and 2 are all still alive.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    So I should stop being coy and say Bedlam while I'm bouncing around my top 3

Although MrPaku appears to have miscounted bedlam's votes, and he was only on 1.
    But I don't think that changes the dice roll guilt if he genuinely believed his mafia friend had 2 votes

Day 3 Current Votes:
    MamaWolf: discrider (1)
    discrider: MamaWolf (2)
    Green: discrider (3)
    Bedlam: discrider (4)

(A certain someone certainly makes updating this list a PITA)

I mean, Sir Fab claimed having an item in thread.
    Any votes after that could be mafia dumping on him to get rid of the item.

I'd forgot he did that. That would certainly make the individuals on the last half of that bandwagon more suspicious.
    Although MrPaku appears to have miscounted bedlam's votes, and he was only on 1.
    But I don't think that changes the dice roll guilt if he genuinely believed his mafia friend had 2 votes

It looks like he was counting Lucedes' vote from before the game start and miscounted the votes?

- Terence McKenna
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Putting me in the top tie when i didn't have two votes feels like mafia purposefully obfuscating things.

Like the shade that discrider has been trying to throw on me all game when there is nothing there.

You voted for Sir Fab after he declared the item.
    You were part of MrPaku's tie even if the actual vote doesn't back that up, and I don't think the others are as suspect.
    You wanted everyone to stack on one location, and we now think the mafia can block locations.
    You said that light was needed in the caves after everyone was blocked by monsters.
    And you threw shade on me earlier today.

So yeah, you're suspect.

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Heading into work now and will be off an hour after vote close, I'll check in/vote on my lunch break

Potentially, if the mafia blocking items is correct, Locus may have picked up an item day 1 or about to day 2, and mafia offed him to get rid of the item.
    Has anyone been in contact with Locus or Phoenix-D before they died, and did they go somewhere not blocked?

I was talking with Locus yesterday. Had reached out, but we didn't share all that much. He said he had gone to the Swamp cave night one and got stopped by monsters, and then last night he said he was going to go to the grave.

Other than locations we visited, we didn't share much. He said he was talking with someone else also but he didn't so who it was.

You voted for Sir Fab after he declared the item.

You wanted everyone to stack on one location, and we now think the mafia can block locations.

Of the four disc listed, these two really bug me in particular at the moment.

So, for now, Bedlam

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Good Morning, 5 hours till vote close, get those orders and votes in please.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I agree with the Bedlam vote actually.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I’m running into the issue where if I talk to someone then I’m like oh you’re such a nice person you are prob village .... and I’ve talked to a lot of random people. X.x

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »

Assuran was also the first vote on mrpaku on Day 1.

True, hmmm.....Assuran will move down a notch on my list for now.

Tossing a placeholder on Bedlam while I go reread the discussions

Not currently seeing a better vote option, so that placeholder will likely just stay

Current Vote count:

Discrider- Mamawolf, Bedlam
    Bedlam- discrider, austinP0027, El Skid, Green

Discrider-3 Votes
    Bedlam- 4 Votes

Votes that have changed so far:
    MamaWolf- discrider
    Green- Discrider

People Who haven't voted yet:

@JPants
    @kime
    @Egos
    @Auralynx
    @premium
    @Romantic Undead
    @Assuran
    @ObiFett
    @Lucedes
    @Kilnaga
    @H3Knuckles
    @LostNinja
    @Gizzy
    @Cythraul

Just giving a friendly nudge since I know the vote closes soon.

Sorry Discrider only has 2 votes.