As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    There was like ...7 stories being progressed in that finale, it was amazing to watch.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The AEW was great.

"The Inner Circle", though? Ugh. Feels only slightly better than the terrible RoH faction names to me.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Its not a great name, but I 100% believe Jericho came up with it and thinks its awesome.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It sounds like a terrible alliance name people on Big Brother would come up with. Like "No one knows we're running the Big Brother house this summer except the five of us in the Inner Circle" and then CBS would put up #innercirclebb22 in the lower corner of the screen.

Also, I wish that one guy would keep his tongue in his mouth. It's not even a good gimmick, it just looks stupid and embarrassing.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The Inner Circle is no worse of a faction name than The Nexus or New World Order or The Undisputed Era or Degeneration X

Wrestling has bad names!

The only good famous faction name is The Four Horsemen!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I really liked Absolution as a name, dunno if they can be considered a stable tho

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    At least they got a cool looking shirt already out of the Inner Circle. Most stables don't even get that

Dgeneration X is a great name. And I love nwo and bullet club.
    It sounds like a terrible alliance name people on Big Brother would come up with. Like "No one knows we're running the Big Brother house this summer except the five of us in the Inner Circle" and then CBS would put up #innercirclebb22 in the lower corner of the screen.

Also, I wish that one guy would keep his tongue in his mouth. It's not even a good gimmick, it just looks stupid and embarrassing.

I'm fine with the name but tongue guy was too much. It wasn't cool when it's all Miley Cyrus did and it looked even worse here.

Degeneration X sounds like what a bunch of 45 year old marketing guys hopped up on uppers would come up with if told to make something that would appeal to THE EDGY YOUTH

Which is probably close to what happened

CYpGAPn.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Degeneration X sounds like what a bunch of 45 year old marketing guys hopped up on uppers would come up with if told to make something that would appeal to THE EDGY YOUTH

I think your opinion is colored by time and distance. Degeneration X, now? It sucks. Degeneration X was a fantastic name for the time period in which it appeared and obviously landed huge, given history.

Inner Circle is a bad band name and I think Magell is totally on point with how it came about.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    list of good faction names

1. the corre
    2. every other name

EzUAYcn.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    These are live shows. I don't think it's particularly realistic to expect spoiler tags in here about what happens during them.

Canada doesn’t get NXT live, we have to wait a day.

edited October 2019
    There was like ...7 stories being progressed in that finale, it was amazing to watch.

Addendum to this, there's also a bunch of guys involved in the title picture at the same time and people you think are scripted to win the matches often go the opposite way. Tag teams interact with singles stars and everything. I really love the way they are handling things so far. I assume they will wait until the World Title is well established before introducing a mid-tier belt.

AlphaRomero on
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I think your opinion is colored by time and distance. Degeneration X, now? It sucks. Degeneration X was a fantastic name for the time period in which it appeared and obviously landed huge, given history.

Inner Circle is a bad band name and I think Magell is totally on point with how it came about.

LeChampione (tm) is incapable of picking bad names....cough..cough...Fozzy.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I was honestly hoping he would name the unit Fozzy.

he kept saying stuff about the list so i thought they were gonna be like

...the listmakers or something

EzUAYcn.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the best stable name (and stable) is and always will be the jersey triad

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Sounds like an unsanitary sexual position.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Thawmus wrote: »

Sounds like an unsanitary sexual position.

jersey triad, baybeeeee

6vjsgrerts6r.png

It makes the WWE CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEBUT AEW thing even funnier

CYpGAPn.png
    i have decided that the only wwe canon i will accept is the one in my current supercard deck

where the top two ladies are io shirai and a skeletal alexa bliss

and the four dudes at the top of the card are the corpse of pete dunne, stone cold steve austin, matt riddle, and samoa joe

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    crwth wrote: »

On the one hand, wow petty.

On the other hand, I can't imagine WWE was wanting to see "WWE copies AEW by having Jay and Silent Bob show up" as an online narrative.

They still could've let them come to the show and just not shown them or plugged the movie, so the cancellation is pretty damn petty.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Cody telling Chuck Taylor he can't say shit on TNT and then Jericho immediately saying and emphasizing shit on his first TNT promo. when will the lies to the Best Friends stop

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    In more lolWWE news, Lio Rush isn’t in the game despite being in it last year and being a champion now

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    In more lolWWE news, Lio Rush isn’t in the game despite being in it last year and being a champion now
    Much like then NXT Champ Tomasso Ciampa not being in last year's game at all despite being in the previous one.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I would not be surprised if they were offering lower royalties to NXT people still despite them being the third brand now

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    When it comes to the WWE games, I'm not sure if it's cheap-bastardness on WWE's part or total incompetence and laziness on 2K's part or just mutual greed on both parts.

I mean, I saw Adam Cole's 2K Nightmare Face from this year. Someone made that, then someone okayed it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Draft rules
    WWE has also announced the official rules for the 2019 Draft. They noted that more than 70 Superstars will be eligible for selection. SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars while RAW will draft 41 Superstars. For every two picks SmackDown receives, RAW will receive three, because RAW is a three-hour show. Tag teams will count as one pick unless FOX or the USA Network specifically wants to pick only one Superstar from that team. WWE will declare any undrafted Superstars as free agents, and they will be able to sign with the brand of their choosing.

Don't worry if that sounds boring though, the stars of the best feud of 2019 are coming back. Michael Che and Colin Jost.
    Stars announced for the Draft include WrestleMania 35 stars Michael Che and Colin Jost of SNL, NFL legend Troy Aikman, MLB legend Alex Rodriguez, actor Christian Slater, and many others.

who should christian slater fight

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Probably the Repo Man at this point in his career.

i am pretty sure christian slater still lives comfortably off of his mr. robot paycheck + royalties, actually

6vjsgrerts6r.png

The guys from Psych are gonna solve a murder it's gonna be great.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    bloodyroarxx on
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Did Mauro just reference MF DOOM on live television?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    astrobstrd wrote: »

Probably

you

EzUAYcn.png
    crwth wrote: »

you

fine i'll fuckin' fight the star of alone in the dark

don't think i won't

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »

I've yet to watch NXT but the mind reels at the possibilities this lays out.

"A lot of people talk about flips and fists that's boring. Kona Reeves came with a new topic to flip you, VATS OF URINE!"

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.