As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] h o n k

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Noita is absolute chaos and I love it. Really reminds me of the early days of Terraria, when nothing was solved and digging deeper was full of genuine mystery.

My best two Noita runs were as follows:
    One, immediately after starting--literally five feet into the first biome--I fired a shot at something, missed, and heard a massive BOOM. Turns out I had blown something up next to, I presume, a shitton of other explosives, as well as a room full to the brim with potions on shelves. Immediately a tidal wave of Polymorphine, Teleportium, and Berserk Juice rolls out, spilling all over me and filtering down all through the level. I became a giant tunneling worm, constantly teleporting beyond my control, with no ability to move of my own accord. When it all wore off, I had to climb back up into the level, and found pandemonium. Every critter was constantly teleporting randomly, killing each other, and turning into horrors from the deep. Or just into sheep.
    In the other, I made the mistake/genius maneuver of picking up Teleportitis as an end-of-level perk. So, every time I take damage, I teleport somewhere random in the biome. This led to me accidentally teleporting to the next exit in one hit. After a couple more bewildering trips straight to the exit, I could no longer really hurt anything or afford to buy new spells/wands, so I just kept trying to not die long enough to get to the exit. I saw things. Brief flashes of monstrous devils, while I flickered in and out of existence. Ghosts. Strange mechanical-biological hybrids. The biggest fucking wasp I have ever seen.

Eventually, I got to the last boss. I began the fight, and it hit me, teleporting me to an underground waterway off to the side. It opened up on the left side, presumably back to the boss arena, but where I was at there was about a character height between the water and a flat ceiling. Now, I had also picked up a perk that froze all the liquids near me, so I'm standing in a narrow tunnel, basically. The boss creeps down to finish me off, but because of the angle, it just couldn't get low enough to hit me.

So I beat the game. On accident.

10/10 game.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    A Legionary's Life is a weird game for weirdos where combat is a sloggish back and forth that often ends with one brutal fuck up and the other half of the game is repeatedly training or chilling at camp because military life is dull.

But also I named this character as a joke while playing with my girlfriend and now the dumbest man in Rome has both survived his first campaign and being given a command of his own:

a7k72x59nzny.jpg

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    So MegaSphere released another update yesterday. I actually haven't played since several updates ago, so there's a lot that's new or different to me. Here's a couple trailers from the two latest updates (one almost exactly a year ago, one from yesterday), and goddamn is this game pretty

https://youtu.be/LaoRWU70pa8
    https://youtu.be/OjETnm8w-ic

JtgVX0H.png
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    I made my partner take video of this interaction in Untitled Goose Game because it looked so goofy, but it also kinda encapsulates this game for me. (Fourth area)

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So ABC's early morning show had a small bit about the "game about a goose that's taking over the internet" this morning, which usually leads to some coverage soon after on Good Morning America. Wonder how House House must feel about their game taking off like this.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So ABC's early morning show had a small bit about the "game about a goose that's taking over the internet" this morning, which usually leads to some coverage soon after on Good Morning America. Wonder how House House must feel about their game taking off like this.

honk

liEt3nH.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Hi

Pathologic 2 kicks ass

I just got the Heavenly Train achievement

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I just watched the quick look and Later Alligator seems extremely good

6F32U1X.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I kinda bought and beat Later, Alligator yesterday after watching that quick look. Aside from a couple of characters who are a bummer it’s pretty wholesome and funny. The ending is real cute.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    "Theft puts a parade in my walk" is maybe my favorite phrasing I've ever heard

"I make a fight between yourself and your memory."

ahahahha that is the best short story about a horrible goose

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Hi

Pathologic 2 kicks ass

I just got the Heavenly Train achievement

does it have a rude goose though

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Hey guess what my sister got me as a gift! Hint: HONK

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hey guess what my sister got me as a gift! Hint: HONK

a car?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Obviously a pet goose, MP, don't be thick.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

oh what the fuck, I just finished Assemble With Care, which was a sentimental and cute thing that also really made a point about the value of good work

fucking hypocrites

e:

sure, Jan

YaYa on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    "We have other employees who are members of trade unions" is an unbelievably weasel-y way to avoid the issue of people trying to organize at your company specifically. I don't know the full situation, but that is a crappo statement.

"We have other employees who are members of trade unions" is an unbelievably weasel-y way to avoid the issue of people trying to organize at your company specifically. I don't know the full situation, but that is a crappo statement.

It's the equivalent of "i have black/gay/female friends!"

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I've been super hyped for this game for years and kind of thought it was never coming out. Hell yeah!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

This is gonna be on Xbox and PC Game Pass at launch and I'm frigging excited

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

oh man

give me a ps5 shaped like a stupid conference call speaker with the disc exposed for some reason

g0BgESdl.jpg
    LvojY5Il.jpg
    2KmFqNYl.jpg
    g56aOZgl.jpg
    Jbwko1Pl.jpg
    nWMg8UOl.jpg
    Z4ej5dfl.jpg

please make all of these real at the same time

i want the death star ps5 myself

Magic Pink wrote: »
    i want the death star ps5 myself

it levitates, btw

lZtZpqBh.jpg
    AfPYDA1h.jpg
    iyHt6eKh.jpg

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Gamesphere was the logical progression from game cube and I'm glad someone was at least considering it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Give me some bold loud designs for the next gen imo, I'm tired of "nondescript black box"

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'll buy the first system that comes in Gamecube purple.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Gimme a PS5 that’s got that N64-style transparent exterior in a variety of colors.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The leaps the person behind the PS1 = O, PS2/3 = □ to make the PS4 a triangle fuckin kills me

CYpGAPn.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Give me some bold loud designs for the next gen imo, I'm tired of "nondescript black box"

I've got some bad news for you

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The leaps the person behind the PS1 = O, PS2/3 = □ to make the PS4 a triangle fuckin kills me

If you squint and turn your head very carefully it’s makes sense!!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    God I hope they just call it the Xbox 2.

They wont but man, I'd laugh so hard.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    You loved the Xbox One so we’re making an Xbox, Two

Moriveth wrote: »
    You loved the Xbox One so we’re making an Xbox, Two

Xbox
    The
    One+
    One

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I would very much appreciate a featureless cuboid so deeply matte black that it is diffficult to look directly at

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Coat the PS5 in VantaBlack.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I would very much appreciate a featureless cuboid so deeply matte black that it is diffficult to look directly at

qfbei4X.jpg

behold, the future of gaming

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I want them to surprise release the PS5 as a cloud of self-replicating nanobots that replace your organs with computer bits for maximum Gaming Power

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I want them to surprise release the PS5 as a cloud of self-replicating nanobots that replace your organs with computer bits for maximum Gaming Power

sup kojima~san