As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] h o n k

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I just hope the ps5 keeps the supported web browser.
    It's the most lacking thing on the switch

VayBJ4e.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    which of us has not at some time been naked meowing man

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    nya~

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    which of us has not at some time been naked meowing man

First off

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

The naked meowling man
    Has escaped his cage
    Yes
    YES
    The naked meowling man is out

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    He's coming out of his cage

Sounding like a feline

Lalabox on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I would very much appreciate a featureless cuboid so deeply matte black that it is diffficult to look directly at

Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, runs like a cow.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    I want them to surprise release the PS5 as a cloud of self-replicating nanobots that replace your organs with computer bits for maximum Gaming Power

sup kojima~san

I game through my skin

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Frank Miller's run on Naked Meowing Man is one of the best runs on any comic EVER and I will DIE on this hill.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Frank Miller's run on Naked Meowing Man is one of the best runs on any comic EVER and I will DIE on this hill.

but it's completely derivative of Hadaka no Neko Otoko Nyānyā, a light novel written by japense master Akira Yoshida

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You guys make me long for the end of things, sometimes.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

only sometimes?

amateur.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

nyaaa~ :3

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I am now one with the Goose.

HONK

only sometimes?

amateur.

The other times I just long for a nice apple fritter and a cup of coffee.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    This is a neat game about the desperate existential mediocrity of living in a (post?) soviet-era apartment block:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCtApcJc36g

https://sad3d.itch.io/routine-feat

Go to work, come home, go to sleep, try to write a novel, pick mushrooms in your dreams, peek in your neighbours mail-boxes and find poetry.
    You can flush things (tomatoes, potatoes, eggs, etc) down the toilet and they actually flush. GOTY, would flush again in existential angst. :P :snap: :bzz:

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yo Outer Wilds is out on PS4 now? I hadn't even heard an announcement
    Been super excited to check it out

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    someday I will manage to internalize which game is the outer wilds and which is the outer worlds

that day is not today

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Outer Worlds comes out in 10 days!

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    And you can't even abbreviate one to OW cause then people will think you're talking about Overwatch.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Yo Outer Wilds is out on PS4 now? I hadn't even heard an announcement
    Been super excited to check it out

Yeah, yesterday. I should have let everyone know! It's my job as the Outer Wilds Liker. Play that game!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I would very much appreciate a featureless cuboid so deeply matte black that it is diffficult to look directly at

Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, runs like a cow.

You rang?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Outer Wilds is my game of the year so far

Pathologic might beat it depending on how the back half of that game goes, and the only other game that I think even has a shot is death stranding

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Outer Wilds is my game of the year so far

Pathologic might beat it depending on how the back half of that game goes, and the only other game that I think even has a shot is death stranding

I really, really wish I had liked Outer Wilds more than I actually did. Those first three or four loops were magical, but then it almost immediately became tedious for me.

I think right now my Game of the Year so far might actually be Heaven's Vault.

Everyone please play Heaven's Vault!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    There's definitely parts of outer wilds that get frustrating and tedious, and unfortunately they're mostly clustered toward the end, which is gonna leave a bad taste in your mouth, especially if you don't push through to the ending

Speed Racer on
    im7gYnah.jpg
    TuHRCibh.jpg
    zuHY0qVh.jpg
    $199 Analogue Pocket promises FPGA accuracy for portable retro gaming
    FPGA with Game Boy/GBA support, 615 ppi screen, HDMI dock, coming 2020.

If you know the name Analogue, you know the company's reputation for somewhat pricey but authentic and beautiful HDMI-compatible FPGA (field-programmable gate array) recreations of classic gaming consoles. Today, the company is announcing that it will extend that line into the portable market next year with the Analogue Pocket, a $199 FPGA handheld that's fully compatible with literally thousands of original cartridges for the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance (and other portables like Lynx, Game Gear, and Neo Geo Pocket Color via planned cartridge adapters).
    The Pocket's 3.5-inch, 1600×1440 resolution, 615 pi LTPS LCD display frankly seems like a bit of overkill, considering the Game Boy Advance topped out at 240×160 and about 100 ppi. But Analogue's Christopher Taber tells Ars the Analogue Pocket will sport the same Altera Cyclone V FPGA found in its previous Super Nt and Mega Sg, plus a second Cyclone 10 FPGA "just for developers to develop and port their own cores."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/10/199-analogue-pocket-promises-fpga-accuracy-for-portable-retro-gaming/

it's quite a bit of money for a gameboy-class portable, but it seems like the real fun will be in the hacking community around it

That is too small for the hands of adults.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ironically, the original Game Boy was too large for my feeble child hands.

The inexorable arrow of time continues to bring nothing but hardship and cruelty.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    That is too small for the hands of adults.

umFCMBll.jpg

it doesn't seem significantly smaller than your average smartphone

although I'm not sure how large this very serious looking man is

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    he's 7 feet tall and 250 pounds

6F32U1X.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The reason he's crouching is because otherwise he wouldn't fit into that building

The system is actually two feet tall and weighs thirty pounds

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I think Blasphemous and Battle for Neighborville are my games of the year

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Outer Wilds is easily my GOTY, and probably my GOAT as well.

Yeah that one late-game puzzle was a bit obscure but so much of the game was so much my jam that it doesn't really matter to me.

broken image link
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Started Outer Wilds this morning. This is 100% my kinda shit.
    first loop: went to the moon, talked to the guy, roasted some marshmallows,
    found an audio log, tried to run from the scary blue ball

Oh I see what we're doing

Loop 2
    Immediately jumped into the geyser without my suit, died

Loop 3
    Explored the home planet until death, found some interesting things.

Crashed into something so hard with the jetpack that I bounced off at ridiculous speed and clipped through the planet into some kind of cave with spooky sounds

Loop 4
    Went to waterworld, found some kind of structure. Flew out to bramble planet and...got eaten, I guess? Just saw giant teeth enclosing around me, then nothing

Loop 5
    Decided to hit up the debris orbiting...I think the water planet? (I later realized this was the thing I see get destroyed at the beginning of every loop)

Getting into orbit and matching that thing's speed was really cool, especially when I finally landed and could see everything spinning around me.

Some neat stuff to find on there too.

Had a cool moment early on in loop 1 where I was listening to the music from one of the planets and then they all aligned and I could hear like 3 at once....they synced up! That was cool as fuck.

Definitely getting some Majora's Mask vibes, which makes me really happy. Cant wait to get home so I can keep exploring.

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Just spent an entire loop trying to get the trophy for landing the model rocket on the moon.
    Finally nailed it with about 2 minutes to spare.

This game is amazing. I think I'm about done. Only a couple more mysteries to solve (that I know about).

What a trip.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Are there any opinions on Indivisible? There was a lot of hype as it developed and the Metacritic score is pretty high, but I didn't hear much buzz about it. I didn't even realize it came out, and I'm not seeing the usual let's players trying it out. Do we even have a forum for it?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    Are there any opinions on Indivisible? There was a lot of hype as it developed and the Metacritic score is pretty high, but I didn't hear much buzz about it. I didn't even realize it came out, and I'm not seeing the usual let's players trying it out. Do we even have a forum for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IBQxrU4FYo

it looks pretty cool

I'd like to give it a go when I have some time

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm waiting on my switch version

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1