As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I changed it, I’ve just been doing Moon and Vex bounties for a while and those dont give anything.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    You can buy more bounties that give bright dust at any time. I don't believe there os a limit other than glimmer bank
    Yes it is small but it is also functionally infinite?

There is a daily cap for how many you can buy.

Is there or is there a limit of five of the repeatable in inventory at a time?

I'm pretty sure ive bought so many crucible bounties it greyed out the option to buy them and said "Daily Cap Reached"

edited October 2019
    Thats for having 4-5 extra at a time, I believe.

When you “spend” them, you can buy new ones... At least you can from Ikora and Eris, theirs say “Bounty limit reached” until you use them.

Sirialis on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Thats for having 4-5 extra at a time, I believe.

When you “spend” them, you can buy new ones... At least you can from Ikora and Eris, theirs say “Bounty limit reached” until you use them.

Yeah, I think it's 5 at a time.

The multipliers for XP from the season pass... Can you be in a fireteam of 6 and all their bonusses will count for you?

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Did they ever add matchmaking to Nightfalls?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yeah the first two difficulties of nightfall have matchmaking now

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

That's awesome!

There is only matchmaking for Ordeal type Nightfalls though, regular NF’s still dont have matchmaking, I believe.

There is only matchmaking for Ordeal type Nightfalls though, regular NF’s still dont have matchmaking, I believe.

What do you mean by Ordeal? The one specifically tied to the weekly powerful engram?

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

That's awesome!

Be aware that the powerful engram for nightfalls is bugged and isn't actually powerful right now. At least it wasn't last week.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

That's awesome!

Be aware that the powerful engram for nightfalls is bugged and isn't actually powerful right now. At least it wasn't last week.

Wasn't this supposedly tied to doing the weekly strike milestone before the Ordeal milestone?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

That's awesome!

It was a powerful for me last week. Came in at 917 when my light was 912.

PSN|AspectVoid

What do you mean by Ordeal? The one specifically tied to the weekly powerful engram?

Yeah, that one.

That's awesome!

Wasn't this supposedly tied to doing the weekly strike milestone before the Ordeal milestone?

I heard if you got the strike one, then the Ordeal one wouldnt be powerful and if you did the opposite, the strike one wouldnt be powerful.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I swear both of mine were powerful last week, but, I played a lot and it all runs together.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    wanted to experiment with worldline zero, randomly get the catalyst

check how to do it

hit every escalation boss once, minimum 5 week completion time

bangeuloa

obF2Wuw.png
    Doing 5 Ordeal NF’s for 1 powerful is a little too much, Hero version also only counts for 1/5.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I finished the Shadowkeep "main campaign" and didn't even realize it until Bungie emailed me to congratulate me for having completed it.

That's a story, huh?
    I had assumed that after "meeting" the darkness by reliving three old boss half-fights in a row, we'd go on to do more. At this point, I'm gathering "memories" for Eris for what looks like to help her drive away the Nightmares of her old fireteam. I think this is time-locked somehow, but I don't know. If that is the case, then we're looking at at least another eight weeks of slow burn and power raising until the plot can really proceed again.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Doing 5 Ordeal NF’s for 1 powerful is a little too much, Hero version also only counts for 1/5.

Hero should count as 2. i only ran The Ordeal 3 times last week, 2 heros and 1 adept and hit the requirement.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I finished the Shadowkeep "main campaign" and didn't even realize it until Bungie emailed me to congratulate me for having completed it.

That's a story, huh?
    I had assumed that after "meeting" the darkness by reliving three old boss half-fights in a row, we'd go on to do more. At this point, I'm gathering "memories" for Eris for what looks like to help her drive away the Nightmares of her old fireteam. I think this is time-locked somehow, but I don't know. If that is the case, then we're looking at at least another eight weeks of slow burn and power raising until the plot can really proceed again.

The current bungie model is to continue the story over the whole season, so while you've finished the quest missions, there's still more story to go with each week giving us more.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »

That's a story, huh?

The current bungie model is to continue the story over the whole season, so while you've finished the quest missions, there's still more story to go with each week giving us more.

That's what I was thinking! I wouldn't have even considered otherwise if they hadn't gone out of their way to send me a big ol' "You did it!" email after the plot barely started to take off.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I wonder how much the Nightmare plot is going to continue. It feels really underdone and obviously has more to do in it but we also have the Vex thing as an ongoing concern.

Two concurrent plots in my Destiny? What is this madness!

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'd prefer eververse didn't give away paid items for dust during their initial season. That current armor for sale has already seen the boots on sale (You'd have to buy it three times with dust, once on each character ouch) and that seems goofy to me.

Look, if you want to make cash...
    • Intro cool shit and make people pay for it with cash money for a season, then let the rest buy with dust the next season with a chance for those to show up in the season's engram thingers.
    • No, not 15 dollars for a suit of armor - make the damn thing 4 or 5 bucks so more people bite on it
    • Allow me to buy ALL previous suits and ornaments from the store at any time for either cash or dust, depending on how my mood and bank balance strike me
    • Always have some new suits, ornaments, emotes for dust, likely the least flashy ones
    • Welcome to Steam, copy this: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=230410

Nosf on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I have to believe Valve discussed with Bungie the Steam workshop.
    Because player-created cosmetic content seems like it's just straight up win/win, in that it engages the community, and also makes them bank without needing to increase the volume of asset creation.

Spent thousands of resources...

Still no bloody Traction mod.

A little bit ago, I started a Comp match down a player, 2v3. First two rounds, I absolutely go off and get like 6-7 kills per round. We still lose both rounds because the other guy on my team wasted all the lives and got no kills. Finally as we go into the 3rd round, it backfills us a 3rd, and I'm still tearing ass. At this point I claw us back to 3-3 and then the enemy uses all their supers at once.
    https://youtu.be/q6GKKhgZ5_k
    They end up botching all their supers, and we just mop the floor with them.
    a6xwja2s1mw1.png
    (They had a full team whole time, one guy quit at the end in shame)

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I'm certain my traction came from tokens, I dropped at least 2k in crucible/vanguard tokens levelling up. Once I got to about 1k of each left I stopped. I still get the odd mod here and there, it feels like I get a blue drop and then a mod with it while puttering about on the moon.

Traction is kinda shit, it only gives 2 mobility now, not 20 like it should. I'm all about that contraverse / 100 disc life and it's instant or damn near grenade.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    wanted to experiment with worldline zero, randomly get the catalyst

check how to do it

hit every escalation boss once, minimum 5 week completion time

bangeuloa

It gets better. One of the bosses is a HUGE pain in the ass to do it on. When I did it back during Warmind it took me like 7 boss kills worth of flailing at his back to get it to finally proc.

shryke on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    recruiting for 7am PST saturday morning raid!

https://www.the100.io/users/99787/dashboard

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Traction is kinda shit, it only gives 2 mobility now, not 20 like it should.

If Traction gave 20 Mobility, it’d be substantially better than the literal Mobility mod. 2, while often negligible, can still be enough to push you into the next level.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    traction is a different slot to mobility isnt it

i have both on my boots

obF2Wuw.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    We were talking about Byf yesterday in regards to understanding what the heck is going on in Destiny. And right on cue he did a guest piece over at PCGamer talking about just that: https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-the-story-so-far/

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    I'm a fan of Myelin Games.

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular

They're both good. Byf tends to stick more rigidly to the actual presented lore and doesn't veer into theories too often. I really like Myelin because he does a lot more theory crafting on the potential directions the lore could go. Myelin's videos get my imagination going.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    Also Myelin likes to directly read the lore passages associated with what he's covering. Something about Byf's videos put me to sleep.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »

They're both good. Byf tends to stick more rigidly to the actual presented lore and doesn't veer into theories too often. I really like Myelin because he does a lot more theory crafting on the potential directions the lore could go. Myelin's videos get my imagination going.

That's exactly why I prefer Byf. Just help me understand things I've missed and stick to the facts. I don't need a bunch of theories that will likely end up being wrong anyway. Nothing against Myelin, his videos are fine, I just prefer Byf's style of sticking to what's known to us and only occasionally dropping in to theory land (and being incredibly explicit when doing so).

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Traction should have A) been a mod you start with and don’t have to unlock and B) just have been made the baseline for consoles.

It’s up there with “why is instant summon a perk and not just how the game is” as a thing that continues to baffle me

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Finished the Red War campaign. That was suitably epic. Purchasing Forsaken as I type this. Gonna take a break and hit up Crucible. I enjoy Shaxx cheering me on too much.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    We got through the entirety of D1 without instant summon sparrows, I don't know how we all collectively decided it was a requirement after it became a perk

That's not to say I don't consider it a requirement. I just don't know how we got there

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    It just highlights I think one of the design philosophies behind Destiny. Here's a thing we know we can improve on, that everyone agrees makes X thing better. But instead Bungie makes it a perk instead of something they can just do. There's a lot of stuff in destiny that wastes time for the sake of wasting time, and sparrow summon times is one of those things. It's a repetitive action that on it's own isn't so bad, but when repeated hundreds upon thousands of times it, you question why they even designed it that way in the first place.

Traction I feel is less "OMG must have" because lots of guns and armors give Traction-like perks, and there's a ton of other good mods to run on boots like Fusion Scavenger, or Perpetuation.