As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Did we ever get that EP system update?

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Nope. We're also waiting on the results of the KHUX x FFBE collab community event, which may give us a free 10+1 summon with a guaranteed on-banner 5* (no idea if that means KHloud, Sora, KHephiroth and Riku, or just the latter two).

There's a lot of things just kinda...hanging around, waiting to happen.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Nope. We're also waiting on the results of the KHUX x FFBE collab community event, which may give us a free 10+1 summon with a guaranteed on-banner 5* (no idea if that means KHloud, Sora, KHephiroth and Riku, or just the latter two).

There's a lot of things just kinda...hanging around, waiting to happen.

It's not on-banner, it was just for a guaranteed 5* unit; AKA it's for a standard 5* 10+1 ticket.

Fuck that Asura esper kill against Vlad crystal. I just can't get it. Fuck that bullshit.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    It's really quick. I had to knock her down to around 20-30% before I got it to land.

Man, no, it's only 20 lapis. It's not worth the effort.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    I have a feeling this will be the last unit design contest.

Which is super sad because there are some good ones in this batch. And the current ones we have are still some of the best sprites in-game.

I just saw the sprites that usher in the chair meta for the first time. Yuck. So many better designs from the player base.

edited October 2019
    The KM 5* ticket was Fid #2!

That's great! I was so angry after I got the Folka/Citra unit twice after, I don't know, a full run? Two runs? It took me a while, but I got Fid without using any UoC tickets.

[edit] I've since gotten Kryla, though. Used a bunch of lapis too. And Kryla can to a 70% full break combined with a 100% all element imperil on turn 1. That's pretty good for a turn 1 kill.

[edit] Also, Kryla is great for element missions. She chains with Esther. She has break cures. She has party dispel and enemy dispel. She has Manufacted Nethicite. She has CG Lid's special dispel. She has damage abilities that I'm unclear about.

[edit] So I figure, Kryla's chaining abilities are mainly good for going through story events. Against bosses, you'll usually take 2 dedicated DPS units. There are strategies involving support chainers, but those are for people who do trials within 4 months of their release. Her break cures are unnecessary because I usually bring Myra and Sylvie and they either cure breaks or have break resist on at all times.

The big things Kryla has over Fid are 3 flavors of dispel, compared to Fid's no dispel at all. She also has Manufacted Nethicite and full imperil over Fid.

What Fid has over Kryla is healing, MP restore, AoE reraise, and LB fill support. Her water imbue is niche. She has decent elemental coverage in terms of imperil, but not full coverage like Kryla, and they certainly aren't turn 1 or cover more than 2 elements at once.

Kryla can do so much shit. I haven't even mentioned that she can grant 50% element resist on 4 elements per turn. Usually a healer or Sylvie takes care of this, but it's nice to be able to offload this to Kryla when they're busy. Fid on the other hand can do water. That's it.

I don't know. They're both good. AoE reraise can save your butt. Her LB support skills can mean Esther does her LB a turn earlier. I don't fucking know.

I could equip Fid with dispel equipment. Could give her manufacted nethicite too (though Kryla could stack it). On the other hand, most boss fights allow items and you could give Kryla LB support skills with them. They're not AoE, but elixirs and phoenix down are a thing.

[edit] My main healer is Myra, and I feel that she could do with better heals. I mean, yeah, she has Curaja, but that's a spell and using spells messes up her support rotation. Fid could help with that. Fid can also help with MP restore.

TeaSpoon on
    So, my Shadowlord. I shouldn't pot his HP, Def, and Spr, right? The way his HP locks work, they only activate upon lethal damage. They won't work if his HP goes down to 1%, with a final hit finishing him off. So anything that increases his eHP should be discouraged.

I should really just level him up, enhance him, and finally pot his Atk.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    They did announce the KHUX collab rewards. We achieve the highest tier of rewards. The Sora/Riku only sword is worthless. I didn't look closely at the accessory. It looks like the summon pool is limited to permanent units before 13 Sept for the G5 10+1. Unless I'm remembering from the wrong news post.

@teaspoon I fully potted mine for HP/DEF/SPR/ATK because Shadowlord does have multiple thresholds and you're likely to hit them from using his abilities. I don't know if it will hurt or help him in the fight overall. I honestly don't know how much I'll be using him, but he seems like a fun unit to try out sometime.

Tiphares on
    Yeah, so a standard guaranteed 5* 10+1. We also get a premium 10+1 ticket, which is usually just full of salty gold. The Sora Medal looks super worthless, 14ATK and a "Boost ATK ever round" passive which is probably below 100%.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Welp. App still doesn't work. Wondering if I should just uninstall and reinstall. I just tend to really not trust the account retrieval in these things.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, so a standard guaranteed 5* 10+1. We also get a premium 10+1 ticket, which is usually just full of salty gold. The Sora Medal looks super worthless, 14ATK and a "Boost ATK ever round" passive which is probably below 100%.

If course it's a "log in over two weeks" stupid thing. Just give us the stuff!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

If course it's a "log in over two weeks" stupid thing. Just give us the stuff!

How else would they trick us into playing the game?

edited October 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    They did announce the KHUX collab rewards. We achieve the highest tier of rewards. The Sora/Riku only sword is worthless. I didn't look closely at the accessory. It looks like the summon pool is limited to permanent units before 13 Sept for the G5 10+1. Unless I'm remembering from the wrong news post.

@teaspoon I fully potted mine for HP/DEF/SPR/ATK because Shadowlord does have multiple thresholds and you're likely to hit them from using his abilities. I don't know if it will hurt or help him in the fight overall. I honestly don't know how much I'll be using him, but he seems like a fun unit to try out sometime.

The way I understand it, his thresholds don't work like the thresholds of bosses. They activate upon fatal damage.
    Increase DEF/SPR (30%)
    Chance to ignore fatal damage (100%) when HP is above 40% (40% HP lock, max 1 time)
    Chance to ignore fatal damage (100%) when HP is above 20% (20% HP lock, max 1 time)
    Chance to ignore fatal damage (100%) when HP is above 10% (10% HP lock, max 1 time)
    Say you're at 60% HP and the boss does 35% damage. You're now at 25%. It doesn't lock at 40%.

Then the boss does 50% damage. Shadow Lord dies, but because he was above 20% when he received fatal damage, the 20% lock activates and Shadow Lord goes back to 20%.

Now the the 20% lock has been expended. He still has the 40% and the 10% lock left.

The boss then does multiple abilities in a row. The first ability does 15% damage, leaving Shadow Lord at 5%. The 10% lock doesn't activate. The second ability does 10% damage, leaving Shadow Lord dead without a lock activating.

Presumably you can heal Shadow Lord to the point where he's above the threshold of unused locks to get a second chance at them activating. Keep in mind that Shadow Lord does damage himself, which adds another complication.

So you generally want Shadow Lord to be at very high health, so that he can survive even if his locks don't activate, or very low health, to guarantee that every hit kills him and activates all locks. The latter option means you can calculate how many hits Shadow Lord can take without dying - 3, and 7 with reraise - and adjust your strategy accordingly. Very high health runs the risk of Shadow Lord surviving below the 10% lock, with a second hit killing him without a lock activating. Though very high health also gives you room for healing, so it's not without benefits.

I wish there was an option to toggle pots on and off. I would like to have one with enhancements too (for arena bans for certain abilities and for when chaining families change with enhancements).

[edit] Having low health makes healing easier in terms of percentages, which is all Shadow Lord cares about with his guts abilities. He's easier to heal to above his unused HP locks after using his self-damaging abilities.

TeaSpoon on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Never fails, bring the wrong team with no bonus units in it and you get every bonus mob available. Happened last night and this morning.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Emperor down. What a pain in the ass. You can't provoke his big meteors and he kept decided to hit the same Elena with every meteor. She was built tough enough to take 1-2 each round, but once he upped it to 3 meteors and dropped them all on her (thanks "R"NG), she would die and I'd lose my rotations. Managed to squeak it out under 25 turns still but glad that's over.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Just finally got 30K EP in the first MK event. Got Eleven. TMR seems ok.

I'm two more LGD runs away from the 15k EP 5* of the FF2 event. I took a break from farming to finish the season 2 story while it was still 1/2 NRG. We have the new door pot challenge to work on now and don't forget the Vault of Hidden Treasures starts tomorrow.

I will try to post a daily reminder, but I will be pretty busy this weekend so I may forget.

Magus` wrote: »
    Just finally got 30K EP in the first MK event. Got Eleven. TMR seems ok.

It's great for Esther and the coming CG Spoiler chairs.

Vault of the Hidden Treasures just gives you a cactaur and gil turtle right?

Not sure if it's a good indication of folks leaving but I did 1 arena match yesterday to get the daily and today I'm only 1k higher (22k to 23k) in rank.

urahonky wrote: »
    Vault of the Hidden Treasures just gives you a cactaur and gil turtle right?
    From the new post "Collect enlightenment keys, megacite, enhancement pots, gil snapper families, and king metal minituars in the Vault of Hidden Treasures!" Basically, stuff to enhance units and espers.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a good indication of folks leaving but I did 1 arena match yesterday to get the daily and today I'm only 1k higher (22k to 23k) in rank.

I think that now that people have been able to get the 40M download arena quest they've scaled back on the arena. The rewards for the amount of time you spend spending 10 orbs a day is so not worth the effort.

Yeah I don't think arena is a good indicator of people leaving. I think the best indicator would probably be global rank ranking; though a lot of people even stop that after they get either the last pot reward or even the last ticket. I know I used to barely or sometimes not even make the 4 tickets/10% moogle rank (I think that's 1000-5000?) and now I clear it easily each raid.

edited October 2019
    I agree. It's become pretty easy to hit the sub 5k raid ranking now. I occasionally hit the 1k and 500 reward tiers when I get a rank up - which looks like I will do this time around.

Tiphares on
    Daily half price pull dropped rainbow for Sieghard#4. That's a pretty nice shield, and my third STMR shield. For general tanking I like M.Ramza's STMR shield better, but Sieg's will be great if earth resist is needed.

Ugh... don't have any of the 5* arena bonus units this time. Time to un-bench Chizuru!

I also have to unbench Chizuru. She's on Odin for the Esper summon if needed, but usually my core team of 4 downs anything without.

KH collab 5* 10+1 got me Dark Mage Golbez#2. New 7* is fun, but I would have preferred something a bit more useful.

edited October 2019
    KH 10+1 gave me Hermes Sandals. Ex ticket gave me Vincent #3.

TeaSpoon on
    Oh wow they're changing it so that the events and stuff start on Thursday after maintenance. That's so much better, honestly.

Also FINALLY have my mustache man at 7*.

That 10+1 was 9b 1g 1r lol.

urahonky wrote: »
    Oh wow they're changing it so that the events and stuff start on Thursday after maintenance. That's so much better, honestly.

It's about time! I mean, it doesn't give that day buffer to pour through the datamine to see if units are worth pulling hard for, but that's fine.

MK 5* gave me Cloud #4! I don't really need another great sword but I'll take it.

So I was planning on just UoC'ing Galuf, but the TMRs on both Exdeath and Krile are pretty good so I figured I'd do tickets and see what I got. Maybe get a nice TMR, maybe get a 10 UoC discount on Galuf.
    Instead I just blew 31 tickets (1 10%, 10 4*, 20 3*s) and got zip. Sigh... oh well, hopefully that ran out my bad luck for Halloween.

Lorek wrote: »
    So I was planning on just UoC'ing Galuf, but the TMRs on both Exdeath and Krile are pretty good so I figured I'd do tickets and see what I got. Maybe get a nice TMR, maybe get a 10 UoC discount on Galuf.
    Instead I just blew 31 tickets (1 10%, 10 4*, 20 3*s) and got zip. Sigh... oh well, hopefully that ran out my bad luck for Halloween.

If your 31 tickets actually gave you a Galuf, you'd have been incredibly, extraordinarily lucky. That's a 3 rainbow banner you're throwing tickets at.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Free 10+1 was Auron #2

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    My KH 10+1 was 10b and the guaranteed rainbow, which was Aranea #2! The FF2 MK 5* was BS Sakura #4! I'll take that robe, thanks! I had a 10+1 ticket lying around from something so I used that - 8b 2g and 1 upgrade to rainbow! Regular Lightning #6... *sad trumpet* Oh well, at least it was a rainbow and it was free.

So i saw a strat for SSB Emperor that uses evade Ayaka, Sylvie, Elena x2, Morgana, and Reberta to kill it in 8 turns I think. I have all of the units to copy the strat, but my gear for Reberta is severely lacking (unless I use some moogle prisms and STMR tickets) so I'm affraid I won't be able to push the thresholds the same, which would mean failure. Something to work towards with my gear at least.

Duke #3 for me.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I had 113 tickets, and that's an ugly number, so I tossed three at the banner and actually hit a rainbow. Second broke rainbow into Edgar #2, so that's nice.

The Kh summon got me Yuna#1. Again, I really like Yuna and would be happy to give her a spot, but for now she's still half a unit. So instead of being overjoyed I'm just vaguely annoyed. Stupid 7* system.

Steam ID: Right here.