As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Some of the Anointed need to have an internal cooldown put on their special abilities. The immunity guy obviously needs to have his ability to go immune all the damn time reduced. Likewise, those size-changing Anointed Tinks need to have a cooldown on their size change.

The Anointed Militant is the one that is bugged and goes immune to damage whenever he has his shield or is making fire, which is like, 90% of the time he's alive.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    All annointed are bugged to shit and the one that uses a fucking Jojo stand is the worst.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I got a cash infused brainstormer last night off of an annointed. I can't tell if I love this shotgun or what. It's hilarious to use, but I think I got too low of a tier version of it.

Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    I got a cash infused brainstormer last night off of an annointed. I can't tell if I love this shotgun or what. It's hilarious to use, but I think I got too low of a tier version of it.

I think Cash infused is an elemental prefix. Shock maybe?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I think “cash-infused” just means its sell price is higher.

I have a cash-infused bitch (lol ain’t I just) that’s shock element.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Got another legendary mod.

But what I really want is a good AR. Those x2 Atlas are super nice but I need a few decent elemental ones from Vladof.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options

But what I really want is a good AR. Those x2 Atlas are super nice but I need a few decent elemental ones from Vladof.

The ogre is back and its an atlas again iirc. I haven't looked at mine yet

• Options

The Ogre is Vladof and shoots rockets.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Man , the AAA is a pretty good shock pistol

• Options
    Favorite guns so far:

1) Night Hawkin - Get one with burst and a cryo prefix and at times you'll have one of the highest DPS guns in the game.
    2) Double Penetrating Devastator - Basically a DP Unkempt Herald
    3) Cash-Infused Crossroad - I've got several elemental versions. Shoots a burst in a vertical line.
    4) Will-O-Wisp - Shotgun that shoots lightning orbs that move slow and spark out to zap mobs. Great for stripping shields in arenas.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Finished up the game. What's the general consensus on what to do now. I'm level 42. Should I go straight to TVHM or should I level up first or what. Should I go straight to Mayhem 2 or 3?

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Finished up the game. What's the general consensus on what to do now. I'm level 42. Should I go straight to TVHM or should I level up first or what. Should I go straight to Mayhem 2 or 3?
    go offline for the big xp boost, jump on the highest mayhem you can manage and grind out the last 8 levels. (took me maybe an hour of grinding Chupacabratch)
    then go to TVHM if you want to (do this at 50 so all rewards are max level)

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Can vouch for the Will-O-Wisp gun, that thing ruins shielded enemies.

• Options
    There's apparently a x3 Variant of kill o the wisp. Ive only ever seen x2 myself byt you want a multi orb version for sure

• Options
    I have a x2.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Hit 50 tonight so I got that out of the way. Didn't take too long on mayhem 3 doing various circles. Have yet to get a group that will stick around long enough to finish one though. Once I have full level 50 gear I will probably just solo them for the trophies. I have really enjoyed my time with the game so far but I am constantly frustrated by the strange design decisions that made for the matchmaking. Oh well, not a huge deal I guess in a game this fun otherwise.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Hotfix is out they reduced the idiotic 2 second cooldown on Fl4ks ammo refen on crit skill.

They basically admitted they'll need to patch Moze.

Zane and Amara got buffs but still no acknowledgment of Zanes skills not working

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I haven't tried online yet. Might get around to that at some point

Finished the story in TVHM last night. I think I'm gonna go through and do all the quests, just because.

I've got full orange gear, except holy hand grenade or whatever. They're not al like, top tier oranges, but I pretty much melt everything in non-mayhem and I can get through mayhem 2 and sometimes 3 if I go slowly.

Also, there's a button to reset missions in TVHM, so I think you can go back and do quest rewards multiple times. I haven't tried that yet.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Hotfix is out they reduced the idiotic 2 second cooldown on Fl4ks ammo refen on crit skill.

Zane and Amara got buffs but still no acknowledgment of Zanes skills not working

I honestly think zane needs a real rework, his action skills are just kinda meh. The drone should do a fraction of gun damage, ideally firing whatever is in you slot 4 or something, clone seems to be cool, but should probably have some of the 1 point buffs just added to the baseline, shield is just weird. It fits so poorly on zane as a concept. He's a character all about mobility and movement. The shield should be some kind of bubble shield by default, with the planted version being a modification.

I actually think he should have some kind of time warp skill. Makes him speed up 25%, and all enemies slow down 25% for movement reloads, fire rate etc.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That’s mostly buffs though

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    That Leave no Trace paragraph is pretty pathetic bullshit. They just happened to mistakenly have 2.0 in place of the .3 intended value in the code and all the patch notes.

Really a time to just own up that the change was stupid and ill considered and just get what points you can for admitting you screwed up.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    That Leave no Trace paragraph is pretty pathetic bullshit. They just happened to mistakenly have 2.0 in place of the .3 intended value in the code and all the patch notes.

Really a time to just own up that the change was stupid and ill considered and just get what points you can for admitting you screwed up.

Yeah they won't admit that ever because then they'd have to admit FL4K was target for their boss killing ability.

Note they didn't fix the leave no trace nerf to account for the start up animation.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    That's some clownshoes backtracking there. Do they do any testing at all?

Also I guess I better get all my Moze offline farming done before they totally kill the grenade build in an attempt to "fix" it.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I only care about them getting off their asses and fix the constant coop crashing your console, that cant be good for the machine.

Guess thats not really a priority.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They do need to fix stuff like that, but all these hotfixes are way easier to work out and implement by orders of magnitude.

It's pretty shit they released with coop being so garbage, though.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

The Ogre is Vladof and shoots rockets.

I don't have the patience to farm stuff.

Right now I wanna get all the Claptrap parts and find out what happens after I'm done.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Any time you have to nerf something by 150% you know you done fucked up.

I am bemused that they seem to want to kill the infinite grenade build considering that it's literally a loading screen tip.

Zane bugs seem to have gotten an unannounced patch and most skills are working as intended.

Iron Bear and FL4K pet continue to need scaling changes. Why Gearbox still doesn't understand, after three games, that you can't make core abilities of a class scale solely based on level in a looter game where there's significant post-cap progression is beyond me.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Dac wrote: »
    Zane bugs seem to have gotten an unannounced patch and most skills are working as intended.
    Zane

Death Follows Close will correctly update several Kill Skills after unlocking this ability

Likely a variable in the code that affected all the kill skills.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Instant CD reset on a phase grasp miss is a very nice buff.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I only care about them getting off their asses and fix the constant coop crashing your console, that cant be good for the machine.

Guess thats not really a priority.

You keep saying stuff like this, and frankly, people keep correcting you on this viewpoint, but you keep saying it anyway. This take is ignorant and wrong and you need to try to accept and understand that.

This is not at all how software development works.

It isn't just like 5 guys in an office, all working on the same thing.

This is literal hundreds of people with all sorts of specializations and assignments. Multiple teams are involved on this game.

The technical programmers are different from the balance/class designers are different from the artists are different from the animators are different from the writers are different from the network technicians. And so forth.

You specifically have a problem with system crashes. That sucks and a lot of other people are affected too. You can rest assured that Gearbox is aware of it. They aren't just "sitting on their asses" and doing nothing about it. There is likely a team of back-end systems level designers who are actively investigating, working, and testing fixes for this. But the systems tech is the hardest part of software design. It takes time. It takes a TON of investigation, testing, reworking, and more testing. They can't just pump out a systems-level fix over lunch.

There is a team of people who are their class designers. These people work on class design, class concepts, class balance, and all of that. They are the ones who keep putting up most of these hotfixes that we are receiving. The people who work on the characters are not the same people who work on the technical backend.

• Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    tbloxham wrote: »

I honestly think zane needs a real rework, his action skills are just kinda meh. The drone should do a fraction of gun damage, ideally firing whatever is in you slot 4 or something, clone seems to be cool, but should probably have some of the 1 point buffs just added to the baseline, shield is just weird. It fits so poorly on zane as a concept. He's a character all about mobility and movement. The shield should be some kind of bubble shield by default, with the planted version being a modification.

I actually think he should have some kind of time warp skill. Makes him speed up 25%, and all enemies slow down 25% for movement reloads, fire rate etc.

Noscript borked my reply so I'll try again.

I like having two play styles available in Zane. Run and Gun is fun but it was fun to spec into a Cryo Tank Zane build. Tanks Zane amuses me. I like having opposite builds to play with. Respeccing is fun. :-)

Riboflavin on
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Any time you have to nerf something by 150% you know you done fucked up.

I am bemused that they seem to want to kill the infinite grenade build considering that it's literally a loading screen tip.

Iron Bear and FL4K pet continue to need scaling changes. Why Gearbox still doesn't understand, after three games, that you can't make core abilities of a class scale solely based on level in a looter game where there's significant post-cap progression is beyond me.

I've been running a Moze build with both the Bloodletter class mod and the Deathless artifact. With my Transformer, I'm at 43k shields. The nerf to Bloodletter is huge, because it means instead of letting health vials grant me some shield healing during fights, it makes it so my ONLY in-fight shield healing will be from vials. Because on a 7 second shield, it's now going to take 17.5 seconds to start filling up AND will only fill up at around 600 s/s. Meaning it will take over a minute to go from empty to full.

This is such a dumb nerf. And there's no other legendary option for her red tree, so I will have to find a rare that will have +4 skill points total instead of my current +5.

Moze isn't nearly as popular as Amara or Fl4k, but she keeps getting nerfed. They make Amara's action skill better and ignore how useless Iron Bear is.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Doubling Amara's Phasegrasp range is huge, can't wait to jump on and try that out.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    What voodoo do you have to do to play offline? The 2009-product-in-2019 Epic launcher doesn't have an offline mode and keeps borking it.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    What voodoo do you have to do to play offline? The 2009-product-in-2019 Epic launcher doesn't have an offline mode and keeps borking it.

Does starting the game and unpluging the cable work? Im on console for this one so I havent tried it myself.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Does starting the game and unpluging the cable work? Im on console for this one so I havent tried it myself.

Also on windows just disable your wireless/ethernet connection.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Don't the hotfixes apply on game launch? I wanted to try out some of these things they've fixed before a permanent patch cements them in place.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So ! I’m glad they continued the series tradition of the vaults giving absolutely nothing of value or note. Other then that just finished eden 6 as I continue my tvhm playthrough and while it’s all going pretty well a few things still bug me

1) my #1 cause of death is still a random badass spawning behind my and rocketing /grenading me into oblivion .
    2) anointed are obnoxious
    3) the story in general and the dialogues weird fascination with equating everything to shit . Is this a thing for the writer?

Zane is cool though , and while I thought Moze was boring as a character she was fun for a bit . Really wish console didn’t need to re unlock mayhem every playthrough.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    That's the thing though. Like... that's the point.

Vaults aren't loot lockups. Vaults are monster lockups.