As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Impeachment] for ... Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    What could they have been leaning on Rick "The Department of Energy does WHAT?" Perry about?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Doodmann wrote: »
    What could they have been leaning on Rick "The Department of Energy does WHAT?" Perry about?

Is it page 11, or further back into the dusty pages of the long forgotten history of this accursed age?
    He was quietly trying to sidle around being implicated in trying to buy a share of Ukraine's national gas/energy company. Until Giulliani dropped him in it.

Tastyfish on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Trump has been spending the last few decades days saying calling Zelinsky was Perry's idea.

steam_sig.png
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    I don't see how Rudy isn't at least brought in for questioning about this. And Barr too, but I would guess they would need Rudy to implicate him.

I also wonder how close Trump would get to just hitting the pardon button if Rudy and/or Barr got into real legal trouble for attempting to help these two escape.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Who could bring Barr in though? Like he effectively runs the institution that would arrest him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Well
    Not effectively

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    I don't see how Rudy isn't at least brought in for questioning about this. And Barr too, but I would guess they would need Rudy to implicate him.

I also wonder how close Trump would get to just hitting the pardon button if Rudy and/or Barr got into real legal trouble for attempting to help these two escape.

There is an honest to god prisoner's dilema going on here for both barr and rudy, since flipping for either of them would mean a get out of jail free card and even if they could trust each other to not put a shiv in their back the fact remains that you have two pampered rich dudes currently stewing in lock up and what are the chances they're prepared to take a fall for either of these bozos?

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I just... Walked my dog. I just walked my dog for like 20 minutes. I can't walk my dog and relax for twenty minutes?!

Can't slow down, these crimes ain't gonna commit themselves!!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit, yes, it is that Linda McMahon, of popular entertainment actual criminal conspiracy WWE infamy

Fuck

Where is McMahon in this? I can't read the article right now.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Anita is a Politico Journalist.

Uh, if Trump is now following the rules this feels a lot like Gowdy just found some excuses to not get into the same boat with Giuliani.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Anita is a Politico Journalist.

Uh, if Trump is now following the rules this feels a lot like Gowdy just found some excuses to not get into the same boat with Giuliani.

Can you blame him when the boat is basically on it's way to the bottom of the north atlantic?

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Goddamnit, yes, it is that Linda McMahon, of popular entertainment actual criminal conspiracy WWE infamy

Fuck

Where is McMahon in this? I can't read the article right now.

The indictment of Rudy's chums says they laundered at least $325k to committee-1' on behalf of a foreign donor back in 2018. Committee-1, aka 'America First Action', is the super PAC McMahon left her cabinet post in March of this year to run.

(People connected it via campaign donation disclosures: https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgave2.php?cycle=2018&cmte=C00637512 )

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Schumer and Graham both want Giuliani to testify under oath (for entirely different reasons, of course).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/chuck-schumer-rudy-giuliani-testify-under-oath/index.html
    The former New York City mayor told CNN's Michael Warren that since he's the President's lawyer, he might have to make sure executive privilege wouldn't prevent him from testifying: "Love Lindsey but I am still a lawyer and I will have to deal with privilege."

If this happens, they absolutely need to make him invoke executive privilege, not just wave around the idea of it. Force him to confirm that this is a matter that involves the president.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    they have payed no attention to lobying rules up until today but today clearly they must be followed. Surrrrrrreee. I think gowdy realized um maybe he wants a bit better look at what is blowing up before jumping into the deep end.

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I just... Walked my dog. I just walked my dog for like 20 minutes. I can't walk my dog and relax for twenty minutes?!

I’m sorry! It’s looking like Monday mornings and Friday evenings aren’t the only times to not walk your dog anymore

Yeah yesterday Gowdy was all set to join, now he has to wait after two dudes get arrested directly tied to rudy? Doesn't pass the sniff test.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Boston Globe columnist:

But Giuliani, when confirming today that Parnas and Fruman were heading to Vienna on matters “related to their business,” told the Journal that he himself only had plans to meet with them when they returned to Washington. By this logic, Giuliani was also planning to fly to Vienna within roughly 24 hours of his business associates, but do no business with them while all three were there.
    OK. This is kind of delightful.

Couscous on
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/revealed-rudy-giulianis-indicted-ukraine-henchman-gave-thousands-to-kevin-mccarthy/#.XZ9nd_SNlvQ.twitter

Hello Mr. McCarthy its nice to see you wrapped up in this shit sandwich. Along with Pete Sessions one of the people indicted gave 2700 to McCarthy's election efforts in 2018.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Wonder who he was watching

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Our Attorney General was super busy last night. After getting a briefing about those two associates of Giuliani he met privately with Rupert Murdock at Murdoch's home in New York.

Kyle Griffin of MSNBC: Attorney General Barr met privately last night with Rupert Murdoch, NYT reports.

The meeting was held at Murdoch's home in New York, according to someone familiar with it.

Viskod wrote: »
    Our Attorney General was super busy last night. After getting a briefing about those two associates of Giuliani he met privately with Rupert Murdock at Murdoch's home in New York.

Kyle Griffin of MSNBC: Attorney General Barr met privately last night with Rupert Murdoch, NYT reports.

The meeting was held at Murdoch's home in New York, according to someone familiar with it.

Well that meeting could be of interest depending on what starts showing up on fox...

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Wonder who he was watching

A mirror.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    These guys are giving criminals a bad name, with how bad they are at committing crime.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    This is no longer a web. It's a Buckminster Fuller dome.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    These guys are giving criminals a bad name, with how bad they are at committing crime.

We've gone past taking notes, we're livestreaming a criminal conspiracy.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Seriously, my head is literally reeling right now from all the things happening at once.

You'll also be shocked to know that there are pictures with Trump and his son dining with these indicted gentleman.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Buzzfeed once more demonstrating that they're one of the best investigative journalism teams out there

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    This is no longer a web. It's a Buckminster Fuller dome.

Kinda fitting, given one of the more prolific hashtags for this whole enterprise, instead of a -Gate or -Ghazi, is #CrackpotDome.

It kinda makes the whole Democrat wariness over impeachment look quaint, given how fast this shit is unravelling.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular

Seriously. Though I guess when the beginning of your new caper is okay first I become the president of the United states your crime really has gotten away from you.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jesus Fucking Christ

I think we're about two weeks away from the President of the United Sates being considered a flight risk.

august on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Jesus Fucking Christ

I think we're about two weeks away from the President of the United Sates being considered a flight risk.

Okay but maybe just...let him leave?

It would pretty much cement him has the worst ever and legitimately put Treason back on the table.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I would love for this entire administration to piss off for Vienna

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    In the event Trump attempts to encourage violence against his opponents, I’d prefer him to do it from a jail cell rather than laying on a couch in an opulent Moscow mansion.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Oh my god

Just. Stoooooop.

I got a bag of chips at work and came back to an entirely new leg of the criminal conspiracy. Drive home, the AG and America's Mayor are suddenly flight risks.

I'm going to do cardio and take a shower. When I get back, I fully expect to see Erdogan appointed fucking Vice President or some shit.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    Jesus Fucking Christ

I've been a bit leery of saying things are "unraveling". I think Trump et al have been flailing about out of belligerent ignorance, but that is SOP for them.

With this, I truly think "unraveling" is correct. I don't think Barr would tip off these guys if he really really did not want them to testify. That they were arrested before they could flee shows the authorities are least a little bit wise to the fact we have actual criminals in office. Trump and his admin are finally losing control now and I hope the trend continues.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    In the event Trump attempts to encourage violence against his opponents, I’d prefer him to do it from a jail cell rather than laying on a couch in an opulent Moscow mansion.

I'm reasonably certain that if Trump did flee the country to Russia they'd be more than happy to extradite him back to us, since that'd send the country into even more of a tizzy and by that point he's exhausted his worth.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Madican wrote: »

I'm reasonably certain that if Trump did flee the country to Russia they'd be more than happy to extradite him back to us, since that'd send the country into even more of a tizzy and by that point he's exhausted his worth.

Trump fleeing to Russia is exactly what I don't want, because then he will will stay there and get his Trump Network, where he will spew propaganda whatever he wants until he dies.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yep. Trump's value to Putin is much like anyone's value to Trump.

As long as he proves valuable, he's fine. But if he stops having value, or is more valuable being thrown under the bus... well, he'll get a good view of the undercarriage.

Not to say Putin would do it, but if he didn't, it wouldn’t be out of loyalty. It'd be for the damage a President-in-Exile could do to America, especially given Trump’s stranglehold on his base.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't think it's terribly likely, but a renegade president on the lam would be extremely bad

This discussion has been closed.