As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

gdi geth [chat]

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Apparently I'm at the stage of my career where random market researchers will e-mail me to say, hey, we want your professional demographic opinion on something, we'll give you money for it

Noice

It's a scam their going to harvest your kidneys.

As long as they still give me money they can have my organs

why do you think we have two kidneys

Exactly, God had the foresight to grant us disposable income

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Guys, guys. This is big. Today I got a job offer for a lot more than I am making now. I told them I needed a day to think it over and give notice at my current job. For the rest of the day, I could barely focus on work. Tomorrow I'm going to march into my boss's office with the offer in hand to see if they can even come close. I doubt they will so I will have to give my notice.

I'm all kinds of scared and excited.

you da b est!!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Just got to reference the Money Pit. In your face millenials who won't get this reference.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    Apparently I'm at the stage of my career where random market researchers will e-mail me to say, hey, we want your professional demographic opinion on something, we'll give you money for it

Noice

why, do you have three?

you in the market?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    had my 30 day evaluation today

basically i am killing it

boss made a point of saying there are numerous opportunities and paths to take within the company but she would really like me to find a path up through her department because it would be a shame to lose me to another one

felt p good

She's like an angler fish.

She's gonna gobble you up once you get close enough to the light.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    On the getting paid front: I met with the Big Deal managing director about my letter of resignation and a counter position. He told me to go to glassdoor this weekend and put some numbers together.

I'm going to put a goddamn deck together. For Fun.

Slide One: Here's what glass door says the salary range of the position below me is. You will note that Im making below the mean. Glass door is bullshit.

Slide two: Here's my offer letter for the company that hired my ass. You will note that it is significantly higher than my current salary.

Slide 3 - 12: comps from other companies with skills bucketing because i fucking love making decks.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »

Noice

why, do you have three?

you in the market?

I have a twin; I already have a mobile organ bank

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You should be able to transfer hours of sleep to people.

So one of you guys who is extra well-rested from last night can just like, zap me a few hours of sleep so I can make it until nap time.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    my boss's boss called me at a quarter to 5 to check in and see how the meeting went. Earlier in the day he felt poorly and was brought to a nearby hospital in a fucking ambulance. He was released a few hours later and went home. I was still for some reason on his radar.

Deebaser on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

So one of you guys who is extra well-rested from last night can just like, zap me a few hours of sleep so I can make it until nap time.

I would do this for you today

sig.gif

high performers would put poor people in comas for minimum wage.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

For context. The Saloon is not "a gay bar", it is the gayest bar.

It's not like the Gay 90's, which is for hetero tourists trying to edgily check out the scene.

It's for people who want to be offered poppers and push money in a slot at sudsy men behind plexiglass in their infamous shower competitions.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mental Note: call soccer "Footsie Euroball" at my wife's Bougie Youth Soccer Club Benefit dinner in two weeks. The expats running that organization out of the goodness of their hearts will love it.

sounds like a sex act that will get you arrested south of the Mason Dixon line

so does catholic missionary.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    had my 30 day evaluation today

basically i am killing it

boss made a point of saying there are numerous opportunities and paths to take within the company but she would really like me to find a path up through her department because it would be a shame to lose me to another one

felt p good

this is some good shit man and also v cathartic on your behalf

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I need to make a LinkedIn

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    plz let me connect with uuuuuu

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mental Note: call soccer "Footsie Euroball" at my wife's Bougie Youth Soccer Club Benefit dinner in two weeks. The expats running that organization out of the goodness of their hearts will love it.

I like to call it European Football

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    guess what?

I beat a video game i bought.

#Gamer

See? I can do this. I can play things i buy.

21st teach me how to beat games
    i just buy them and play then forget what i was doing and have to start over
    this has been years now

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    this has been years now

the trick is to only buy games that are very short and require no skill, such as visual novels.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Ok wtf pandora!?

This on the way through north station in the morning:

This right as I hit north station tonight:
    Fuckin algorithms

Sleep on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Omg reply all has the actual feral hog guy in an interview. And it's interesting.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Omg reply all has the actual feral hog guy in an interview. And it's interesting.
    oh man i was wondering what that one was gonna be about

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

wr86xiqi5ott.jpeg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

wr86xiqi5ott.jpeg

Aybabtu.png

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    JebusUD wrote: »

For context. The Saloon is not "a gay bar", it is the gayest bar.

The Eagle would like a word.

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    plz let me connect with uuuuuu

Are we connected? I can’t remeber your civilian name

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    this has been years now

the trick is to only buy games that are very short and require no skill, such as visual novels.

AI: The Somnium Files does look like a wild ride.

This may be the most Arkansas pod cast ever.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

becoming a sleep vampire / sleep blackhole

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

and probably hasn’t even killed any black people

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

becoming a sleep vampire / sleep blackhole

Yes!

You can be my sleep cow

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    My sister hasn't been happy with her job and today she says she's signing up for a Master's in occupational therapy, which is something I've only heard her mention before like twice. Huh

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    My work computer always wants to look at the pictures on my phone and I’m like NO NO NO

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Wow, I went from "I can't run Hollow Knight" to "Total Warhammer 2 loads maps in 10 seconds"

Also, Total Warhammer is huge and overwhelming omg

MrMister wrote: »
    My work computer always wants to look at the pictures on my phone and I’m like NO NO NO

Why is your phone and your work computer even connecting?

u7stthr17eud.png
    MrMister wrote: »
    *would you like microsoft to load these photos and then email them and also put them on maximum window while we upload them*
    *clicks no*
    *uploading now*

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This seems to be a day where a lot of people have new exciting stuff going on, changing careers and stuff.

Happy then to announce publicly that I will keep working at my current job and have no plans to do go anywhere else, and I’ll never study anything again!

PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.