As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

gdi geth [chat]

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

For context. The Saloon is not "a gay bar", it is the gayest bar.

The Eagle would like a word.

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

the superhardcore get-murdered-in-the-parking-lot furious leather dude gay biker bar in my town is named Buddies

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I forgot that all Warhammer properties are absolutely maximum gonzo at all times

I heard someone walking through the hall outside and I turned the volume down because the dialogue is hilariously bad...

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Wow, I went from "I can't run Hollow Knight" to "Total Warhammer 2 loads maps in 10 seconds"

Also, Total Warhammer is huge and overwhelming omg

'EY YA DUMB UUMIE WOT ARE YA DOIN' EENYTIN UVVER DAN PICKIN' ORKS FER YER WAAAAAAGH?!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    rpva9zropbma.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

For context. The Saloon is not "a gay bar", it is the gayest bar.

The Eagle would like a word.

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

the superhardcore get-murdered-in-the-parking-lot furious leather dude gay biker bar in my town is named Buddies

we had a buddies that was also one of our gay bars but it was more subdued

i used to play guitar and sing and have gay dudes buy me drinks

and then i’d be like i feel bad i’m not gay

and they’d be like still worth it honey

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I forgot that all Warhammer properties are absolutely maximum gonzo at all times

I heard someone walking through the hall outside and I turned the volume down because the dialogue is hilariously bad...
    Did this man just call goddamn Karl Franz' speeches bad?!

BPYH7AE.jpg

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus my boss has used that image multiple times in our group chat

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    hi there

i'm hungry and i don't wanna make anything

such is life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    hi there

such is life

Hi hungry and i don't wanna make anything such is life.

I'm Hahnsoo1!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    hi there

such is life

I'm Hahnsoo1!

no

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    So there's the meme that's been going around that like:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

STICKING MY DICK IN ROTISSERIE CHICKENS

So obviously this is an S-rank alternate lyric, to the point where it literally overwrites in your mind the original second line of that fkin earworm showtune.

What are some other alternate lyrics that essentially replace the original by being of superior aesthetic quality in addition to filthy and amusing? There was another recently, within the past year but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Hold me closer, Tony Danza
    Count the head lice on the highway
    Just got to reference the Money Pit. In your face millenials who won't get this reference.

Were you talking about the Seattle waterfront tunnel

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Made green curry today. It was pretty tasty.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I love that there's a Canadian fairytale card in the latest MTG set.
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Chanus my boss has used that image multiple times in our group chat

lemme guess

every thursday

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I went to Russian table at work! That was so nice and basically the only thing that would entice me to stay late. I am the best speaker of the people in the language learner category; it’s about 10 people and half are native speakers but most don’t really know business Russian and everyone just wants to have the chance to speak with people and it was great. One of the native speakers is Tatar and also speaks Tatar so I could recommend to him this very cool electronic musician who sings in Russian and Tatar and yay :D

Also I avoided misgendering myself which is hard cause last time I tried to speak Russian I was using different pronouns and it affects the verb endings in past tense
    That said, everyone learning was bad enough at grammar that they were very failing at correct gendered endings so any mistake on my part would have gone unnoticed

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    hi there

such is life

I'm Hahnsoo1!

no

he is though it says it right next to his posts

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Does Russian table at work involve vodka?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

You guys have several elk cards

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

Sure but the cat that came back the very next day is a sacred text in the canon of Canadian literature.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @spool32 you're ITIL certified right?

you will either be delighted or horrified to learn today I created a script that will cut tickets to a specific user while selecting the CTI at random from a list of CTIs that user is in

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was reading about that Handke guy and found out something.
    Milk offers a stunning case in point. Dairymen, especially those serving crowded American cities in the nineteenth century, learned that there were profits to be made by skimming and watering down their product. The standard recipe was a pint of lukewarm water to every quart of milk—after the cream had been skimmed off. To improve the bluish look of the remaining liquid, milk producers learned to add whitening agents such as plaster of paris or chalk. Sometimes they added a dollop of molasses to give the liquid a more golden, creamy color. To mimic the expected layer of cream on top, they might also add a final squirt of something yellowish, occasionally pureed calf brains.

“Where are the police?” demanded New York journalist John Mullaly as he detailed such practices and worse in his 1853 book, The Milk Trade in New York and Vicinity. Mullaly’s evidence included reports from frustrated physicians stating that thousands of children were killed in New York City every year by dirty (bacteria-laden) and deliberately tainted milk. His demands for prosecution were partly theater. Despite his and others’ outraged demands for change, no laws existed to make such adulterations illegal. Still Mullaly continued to ask, when would enough be enough?

Fakery and adulteration ran rampant in other American products as well. “Honey” often proved to be thickened, colored corn syrup, and “vanilla” extract a mixture of alcohol and brown food coloring. “Strawberry” jam could be sweetened paste made from mashed apple peelings laced with grass seeds and dyed red. “Coffee” might be largely sawdust, or wheat, beans, beets, peas, and dandelion seeds, scorched black and ground to resemble the genuine article. Containers of “pepper,” “cinnamon,” or “nutmeg” were frequently laced with a cheaper filler material such as pulverized coconut shells, charred rope, or occasionally floor sweepings. “Flour” routinely contained crushed stone or gypsum as a cheap extender. Ground insects could be mixed into brown sugar, often without detection—their use linked to an unpleasant condition known as “grocer’s itch.”

By the end of the nineteenth century, the sweeping industrial revolution—and the rise of industrial chemistry—had also brought a host of new chemical additives and synthetic compounds into the food supply. Still unchecked by government regulation, basic safety testing, or even labeling requirements, food and drink manufacturers embraced the new materials with enthusiasm, mixing them into goods destined for the grocery store at sometimes lethal levels. The most popular preservative for milk—a product prone to rot in an era that lacked effective refrigeration—was formaldehyde, its use adapted from the newest embalming practices of undertakers. Processors employed formaldehyde solutions—sold under innocuous names such as Preservaline—to restore decaying meats as well. Other popular preservatives included salicylic acid, a pharmaceutical com- pound, and borax, a mineral- based material best known as a cleaning product.

Formaldehyde milk!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Milk offers a stunning case in point. Dairymen, especially those serving crowded American cities in the nineteenth century, learned that there were profits to be made by skimming and watering down their product. The standard recipe was a pint of lukewarm water to every quart of milk—after the cream had been skimmed off. To improve the bluish look of the remaining liquid, milk producers learned to add whitening agents such as plaster of paris or chalk. Sometimes they added a dollop of molasses to give the liquid a more golden, creamy color. To mimic the expected layer of cream on top, they might also add a final squirt of something yellowish, occasionally pureed calf brains.

“Where are the police?” demanded New York journalist John Mullaly as he detailed such practices and worse in his 1853 book, The Milk Trade in New York and Vicinity. Mullaly’s evidence included reports from frustrated physicians stating that thousands of children were killed in New York City every year by dirty (bacteria-laden) and deliberately tainted milk. His demands for prosecution were partly theater. Despite his and others’ outraged demands for change, no laws existed to make such adulterations illegal. Still Mullaly continued to ask, when would enough be enough?

Fakery and adulteration ran rampant in other American products as well. “Honey” often proved to be thickened, colored corn syrup, and “vanilla” extract a mixture of alcohol and brown food coloring. “Strawberry” jam could be sweetened paste made from mashed apple peelings laced with grass seeds and dyed red. “Coffee” might be largely sawdust, or wheat, beans, beets, peas, and dandelion seeds, scorched black and ground to resemble the genuine article. Containers of “pepper,” “cinnamon,” or “nutmeg” were frequently laced with a cheaper filler material such as pulverized coconut shells, charred rope, or occasionally floor sweepings. “Flour” routinely contained crushed stone or gypsum as a cheap extender. Ground insects could be mixed into brown sugar, often without detection—their use linked to an unpleasant condition known as “grocer’s itch.”

By the end of the nineteenth century, the sweeping industrial revolution—and the rise of industrial chemistry—had also brought a host of new chemical additives and synthetic compounds into the food supply. Still unchecked by government regulation, basic safety testing, or even labeling requirements, food and drink manufacturers embraced the new materials with enthusiasm, mixing them into goods destined for the grocery store at sometimes lethal levels. The most popular preservative for milk—a product prone to rot in an era that lacked effective refrigeration—was formaldehyde, its use adapted from the newest embalming practices of undertakers. Processors employed formaldehyde solutions—sold under innocuous names such as Preservaline—to restore decaying meats as well. Other popular preservatives included salicylic acid, a pharmaceutical com- pound, and borax, a mineral- based material best known as a cleaning product.

Formaldehyde milk!

people are basically horrible monsters who can’t be trusted

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

No, just zakuski
    Black bread, sausage, chocolate wafers
    Not even tea!

• Options
    I believe the “your honey is actually corn syrup” is still a problem

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hello friends I am a person and I have ideas and goals

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Formaldehyde milk!

people are basically horrible monsters who can’t be trusted

Tastes like freedom

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

Yet youre on vacation

Very curious

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

but no brand? then what's the point

• Options
    I’m adding this site to the rss feed.

https://theamericanscholar.org/

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    There is homework though or as the guy was saying ‘kak bui domashnoe zadanie’ and everyone is like ‘kak bui’ (like) homework or actually homework...?
    But the homework is just to read some articles off our company website for the Russian division of the company and that should be pretty interesting
    It is so good to have people to speak to!

• Options
    Basically any honey that doesn’t solidify after awhile is suspect. Any honey that comes in a plastic bear is suspect.

The corn industry uses the pesticides that kill off the bees and then replaces their honey in the marketplace with the vastly inferior corn syrup.

• Options

How about insatiable base desires that need to be constantly fulfilled? Like a real man.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    No I am one of those rare happy people

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

it come back

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    No I am one of those rare happy people
    If we eat you, do we gain your happiness?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    You think you know someone.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »

No, just zakuski
    Black bread, sausage, chocolate wafers
    Not even tea!

No tea seems like a major breach of all sorts of protocol.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    gonna need some proof

can you identify some stop signs

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

it come back

the very next day.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

Sure but the cat that came back the very next day is a sacred text in the canon of Canadian literature.

We thought he was a goner!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.