As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hexmage's Art Attempts

Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
edited October 2018 in Artist's Corner
Gonna try to do Inktober this year and thought I'd start a thread. I'd appreciate constructive criticism.

r6c2yheockew.jpg

My first Inktober submission for this year. I'm honestly kinda disappointed with how it turned out, but I started late. I'll try to make up for it with tomorrow's submission.

Hexmage-PA on

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Inktober 2nd. I like this one better. I think I might not bother with colors from now on and instead focus on black and white.1nuhgoinrewy.png

• ruby_robinruby_robin Registered User new member
    Just interested, which template did you choose?

ruby_robin wrote: »
    Just interested, which template did you choose?

I decided I would just draw fictional characters I like.

edited October 2018
    So I was trying to get a more ambitious piece done on the third but didn't have time to finish that day. Plus I had a birthday party to go to yesterday and one today. I've also ran into difficulty trying to understand how the forms work, so now I'm days behind on Inktober...

I'll put what I've got so far.

mxg8wzgcoza4.png

dkmrw3qmwu4f.png

I drew that diagram to try and figure out which of the features on his back would be visible from this viewpoint. I also need to figure out what his arms will look like in forced perspective.

I went ahead and canceled the D&D game I was supposed to run this Sunday just so I can devote time to catching up.

Hexmage-PA on
    edited October 2018
    Finally finished Inktober 3rd.

axov3s8ycuop.png

This took way longer than I anticipated, and I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't look better than it does for the amount of time I spent on it.

I guess for my next few pieces I need to focus on subjects that don't require as much study to understand how they look in perspective.

Hexmage-PA on
    0t2izuv6y4m8.png

Gonna finish this after work.

Work has me on 12 hour shifts (3 AM to 3 PM), so I'm gonna have even more trouble getting caught up. I do have rough sketches for the next few. I did refine the linework some on the one I posted previously.

nh0zq9w7mj8d.png

• acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    Loving the line weight on this one

I'm very far behind on Inktober, but here's a thing I just finished!

cbg1os6yv4i9.png

4vrq46eja0kw.png

drp87uulizrc.jpg