As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a good [job] thread, Elmo

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
edited October 2019 in Social Entropy++
bufmq1s8x4j5.gif

https://www.comicskingdom.com/blondie/2019-10-09

Go to work to have money to pay the loan for your car, so you have something to drive to work

Etc

Haul ass, get paid

Abolish work

DouglasDanger on

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Today is my Fridax!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, you're not Commander Zoom!

My delegation has gone all awry, I must be a terrible manager!

Good thing I'm in Computer Science!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    You specified a result, not an implementation. Why are you complaining?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I swear everyone's birds will be coming, I'm just screaming in terror at finishing this paper, and my thesis, and getting a phd defense together. On the other hand, JOB GET! signing bonus and all. I'm boston bound! Just in time to freeze my little southern hiney off.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Well that guy who was out last week at the beginning of this week with no warning. Fortunately, we did get another hire in and he seems alright so far. And apparently the information I've been getting has been clarified, my own warehouse location, which is mostly a secondary/backup isn't getting folded into the main one, and indeed it isn't getting closed down and moved to Georgia like the other one, essentially because we only ship to Home Depot, I guess?

I'm still going to start looking around for other jobs. I like this job and all, but I really would like something with more consistent pay, at least. I always feel bad when moving on from a job even if I don't like it. Part of it is I feel like companies will see me as being disloyal and that will reflect badly on me (even though I know this isn't reaaally the case) and the other is I don't want to leave employees behind in a rut (but then, if I gave proper notice I imagine they could find someone to replace me pretty quick)

Also also, I like getting into a comfortable rut routine and I don't dislike disrupting things for something new that might not work out.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I'm mostly getting kind of tired of always working from home (I'm more of a social creature than I realized) but today it was a good thing, because I've been lethargic and totally sapped of energy, and just spent most of the day in bed rolling back and forth. Which like, I would have had no problem calling in "sick" for that kind of thing, but it's a nice feeling knowing I can just do it and ain't have to explain it to nobody.

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Fittingly, I posted this in the old thread:
    Jedoc wrote: »
    To: Old Job Thread
    Subject: Come to my office at 4:30

Time sent: 4:45PM

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    In other things I accomplished at work today, a bit of networking that secured slots in a training course for the people that I want to send in advance of the course being announced.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The departmental grad student association slack is debating what the local three minute thesis competition should be named

They've settled on the Pi Minute Presentation

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    The departmental grad student association slack is debating what the local three minute thesis competition should be named

abzix2vgxa1b.png

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

abzix2vgxa1b.png

Why are they multiplying each side by (π - 3) ???

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Along with moving terms between sides without any rhyme or reason. After the second time they did that I stopped bothering to check for the inevitable error because it's guaranteed they're going to fuck something up doing that.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    My department manager was offering candy to the team today and she walked up while I was goofing off on my phone and didn't seem to care. I felt kind of bad though because I had literally just bought some flavor blasted pizza gold fish crackers so I declined the candy offer.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I think of quotes from captain vorpatril'a alliance to give me mirth when nights go to shit.

Eapecially when there are car accidents (not me) leas than 2 hours in

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I hear cars racing and sirens all the time at night sometimes gunfire.
    But I am more annoyed by my loud neighbors at 5am

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's pouring down with rain. My office is in the loft and I'm already sleepy listening to the steady patter on the roof and skylights and the heating has only just switched off so it's nice and toasty warm.

I want nothing more than to curl up on the sofa across the room with the dog but I've got so much to do since the company was bought out that it's scary.

Why won't someone just pay me to nap?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I went running on Wednesday and then did gardening yesterday and my legs are ruined today. Walking down stairs is a miserable experience. I had to crouch down to reach something at work this morning and nearly yelled out loud in pain. Someone help.

Of course my paycheck will be short half a grand at the same time the paystub website is not working

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I missed 6 days of work so far this month battling some mystery bug. I really like my job. Finally, had to call some friends for help getting to a doctor, because man-moding it was not working. I had a 103°F fever when checked at the clinic. Luckily the meds the doctor prescribed really help with most of the symptoms. And it is a long weekend here. So I have more time to recover.

Always feel awkward coming back after something like that. "Sorry, my weak flesh body broke down".

Geddoe on
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    I missed 6 days of work so far this month battling some mystery bug. I really like my job. Finally, had to call some friends for help getting to a doctor, because man-moding it was not working. I had a 103°F fever when checked at the clinic. Luckily the meds the doctor prescribed really help with most of the symptoms. And it is a long weekend here. So I have more time to recover.

Always feel awkward coming back after something like that. "Sorry, my weak flesh body broke down".

Option two is get everybody sick so I suspect you did good.

steam_sig.png
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @SporkAndrew probably daft but assuming you're not tangled up in the attack? A check in would be nice.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    @SporkAndrew probably daft but assuming you're not tangled up in the attack? A check in would be nice.

Thanks, @Liiya -- I'm 50 miles West at home in St Annes. It's been a pretty odd morning of checking up on old friends that still work in the city centre

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

Thanks, @Liiya -- I'm 50 miles West at home in St Annes. It's been a pretty odd morning of checking up on old friends that still work in the city centre

That's fab glad to hear you're well!

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Yeah, that's something that needs to be knocked down, as that's an unacceptable acronym. Has anyone pointed out the issues yet?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I swear everyone's birds will be coming, I'm just screaming in terror at finishing this paper, and my thesis, and getting a phd defense together. On the other hand, JOB GET! signing bonus and all. I'm boston bound! Just in time to freeze my little southern hiney off.

I hope you're not trying to arrange a defense over Winter Break. If you are, may God have mercy on your soul for you will find none on this earth.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

I'm a different bird.

(I swear I didn't pick this avatar just to make this joke, but when the opportunity presents itself...)

xderwsaxganu.png
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

I hope you're not trying to arrange a defense over Winter Break. If you are, may God have mercy on your soul for you will find none on this earth.

Oct 28th!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh, here's the true job thread.

Anyway, it's Fridax! I'm glad for that! Just need to get through today and then hooray, weekend!

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Trying my best to not completely check out before my last day next Friday, but my motivation was already pretty low before I found a new gig and gave my two week notice.

BLM - ACAB
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

Oct 28th!

Do you need a sword?

I don't see how you can defend something without a sword.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    Missing pay squared away.

And just told my mother that I refuse all help from my brother for a better paying job over incidents in the past and......now she's in tears.

I thought I explained this on Sunday...are these people actually listening?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

Oct 28th!

Do you need a sword?

This would be unfair to the snake

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »

Oct 28th!

Do you need a sword?

This would be unfair to the snake

Armory is factored into the snake selection.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Recently, my owner has been hiring people on work visas from Asia. I can kind of see why, since they are hard workers, friendly, and the owner gets a government handout for doing so.

But for some reason, when people (who've I've never met before) find out where I work, seem to ask the same question over and over "Don't you hate working with those <insert slur word>?". WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO SOMEONE YOU BARELY KNOW?

And the casual racism of my co-workers is astounding. We have two lovely ladies who have similar sounding names, causing one of my oldtimers (Let's call her 'Sherry') to say "They must be related, they have the same sounding name and are the same ethnicity"

She didn't like it when I called her out on how stupid it sounded, and when I asked her if "Mary", a coworker she detests, is related to her since their names sound similar and they're both white.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Knife fights were last thread but back in the Corps I had a buddy who while on deployment had to get medivaced due to knife wounds. He got a lot of free beers out of that story, although he conveniently left out the minor fact that said knife wound was received while playing with his knife like a dumbass while sitting on the shitter.

Carpy on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dogg
    You're statement of othering is also casual racism

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    if you're white enough to pass as a white person the shitty ones will absolutely tell you all the gross opinions they have about stuff thinking you're "one of them".

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Dogg
    You're statement of othering is also casual racism

I'm really sorry, I should have re written it. I'm not sure how to write it, since I really don't know much about the new employees.

This discussion has been closed.