As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

gdi geth [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I love that there's a Canadian fairytale card in the latest MTG set.
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

You guys have several elk cards

Sure but the cat that came back the very next day is a sacred text in the canon of Canadian literature.

We thought he was a goner!

No.

The cat came back.

He just wouldn't stay away.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    He protecc
    He attacc
    But mostly
    He come bacc

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Does Russian table at work involve vodka?

No, just zakuski
    Black bread, sausage, chocolate wafers
    Not even tea!

No tea seems like a major breach of all sorts of protocol.

It really is but I suppose we could have gone to get some from one of the tea and coffee stations around the floor
    Man I am actually so happy and energized from this but also quite horrified at how my language has atrophied. At least my understanding is ok, probably from listening to Russian music. But my language generation is just garbage, like I was trying to say that I received a gift of Russian books from my department in undergrad and I could not get the word for received (I had in mind poteryal, to lose, and knew that was wrong so I just gave up on the sentence, and only on the metro home I was like ohhhh wait it’s poluchil you total idiot). I did tell them that it’s been a decade and basic conversation is hard for me but I understand better than I speak (and again I definitely do both better than the other learners so I don’t feel like I’m bringing things down really)

Also still no clarity on how to say data science, like nauka dannikh is the literal translation but I need to do some internet ting and figure out how people actually say it. But yeah even the Russian people were like ‘privet, ya rabotayu v......advanced analytics...?’

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Got pillow forted to death by a deck with 2 of those fuckin cats

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    P30sZ0O.png
    iUzhg67.png

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Does Russian table at work involve vodka?

No, just zakuski
    Black bread, sausage, chocolate wafers
    Not even tea!

No tea seems like a major breach of all sorts of protocol.

It really is but I suppose we could have gone to get some from one of the tea and coffee stations around the floor
    Man I am actually so happy and energized from this but also quite horrified at how my language has atrophied. At least my understanding is ok, probably from listening to Russian music. But my language generation is just garbage, like I was trying to say that I received a gift of Russian books from my department in undergrad and I could not get the word for received (I had in mind poteryal, to lose, and knew that was wrong so I just gave up on the sentence, and only on the metro home I was like ohhhh wait it’s poluchil you total idiot). I did tell them that it’s been a decade and basic conversation is hard for me but I understand better than I speak (and again I definitely do both better than the other learners so I don’t feel like I’m bringing things down really)

Also still no clarity on how to say data science, like nauka dannikh is the literal translation but I need to do some internet ting and figure out how people actually say it. But yeah even the Russian people were like ‘privet, ya rabotayu v......advanced analytics...?’

Japanese wins on this with ease of new words. Just make them katakana! データサイエンティスト.

I am so happy for you that you get to practice. It is the best.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    F'real, Cauldron Familiar + WItch's oven is just........ ridiculous? It's super cheap and effective.

I can play a cat (Dealing very little damage directly), play an oven, block with the cat, stuff the cat in the oven before he gets hit but after the attacker lunges towards it, feed the dead cat a pie made from itself so it comes back (And deals more damage).

• Options
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    These out of context accounts are getting out of hand

• Options

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    thank goodness that today america's
    not to mention out of context drafts

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

That strip wasn't out of context? That seems like a fully baked setup and punchline.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

For context. The Saloon is not "a gay bar", it is the gayest bar.

The Eagle would like a word.

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

the superhardcore get-murdered-in-the-parking-lot furious leather dude gay biker bar in my town is named Buddies

Ours was named "The I-Beam"

Our non-gay get murdered in the parking lot by a leather clad biker dude bar is named "Rick's"

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Ahhh home. Time to get in my PJs and eat sofritas.

ahhh

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    No I am one of those rare happy people

Boooo! Get off the page!

• Options
    edited October 2019
    LK0wYOB.png

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i’m generally pretty happy but i’d never be so crass as to outwardly display it in polite company

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i’m generally pretty happy but i’d never be so crass as to outwardly display it in polite company

We burn those people at the stake up here.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Facebook's giving me an ad for Sonic having oreo cookies a la mode (and apparently fried).

I am intrigued, and I hate that about myself.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I'm reading the Jack Racher novel that they used for the first movie

Props to Tom Cruise, because it works in spite of Reacher being a foot taller than Cruise

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This episode of Riverdale is too sad but fuck in forgot how attractive these people were

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    happiness is a warm cum

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    This episode of Riverdale is too sad but fuck in forgot how attractive these people were
    whoa hold up those are 28 year old high school students you're talking about

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    whoa hold up those are 28 year old high school students you're talking about

Cole Sprouse can get it any day of the week

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    happiness is a warm cum

Way to spoil the movie's ending!
    7b09dx8t4ufr.jpg

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    happiness is a warm cum

every day i learn so much

• Options
    Most unrealistic part of Riverdale

Having a phone book with up to date white pages

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    every day [chat] loses some of what makes it worthwhile, time chipping away at it like the sea against a rocky cliff

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    happiness is a warm cum

p3i89shzutky.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’m all alone in the house and instead of making a giant pile of junk for dinner I’m sitting in front of the fireplace with a bowl of soup.

I wonder if I might be coming down with something.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    @spool32 you're ITIL certified right?

you will either be delighted or horrified to learn today I created a script that will cut tickets to a specific user while selecting the CTI at random from a list of CTIs that user is in

@Aioua you're a fucking monster hahahaha

holy shit though

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    What's better than a Forensic Files marathon on a Thursday night.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I wonder how many people have come and gone from [chat] over the years

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

amazing hahaha

@Belasco32 loves these things as like a background to tower defense on the iPad, we all call the TV genre "StabbyVision"

• Options

Dozens.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »

amazing hahaha

Belasco32 loves these things as like a background to tower defense on the iPad, we all call the TV genre "StabbyVision"

I used to watch Forensic Files and the Cold Case Files a lot as a teenager. Now that I have a cable streaming service I've been watching it again!

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

the superhardcore get-murdered-in-the-parking-lot furious leather dude gay biker bar in my town is named Buddies

Our non-gay get murdered in the parking lot by a leather clad biker dude bar is named "Rick's"

Ours is "The Mine Shaft"

At least that's the one near my brother.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Dozens.

We post on the shoulders of giants

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Dozens.

I no longer worry about getting Rent and Rust confused because they both faded away. :sad:

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Ours is "The Mine Shaft"

At least that's the one near my brother.

The bar that had the highest amount of stabbing in the parking lot was "The Office"

just outside of town, where there is no law.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.