As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »
    In this playthrough (Silver Snow) I'm gonna goof around and make Edelgard into.... a flying unit maybe? Hm. Maybe I'll make her a Pegasus Knight.

Petra is already fast enough to double similarly-leveled opponents with an Iron Axe, so, I guess the world has basically ended for them. Between Petra, Ingrid, and Seteth, this run is going to have the skies covered. Maybe I don't even need Ingrid! But I'll go ahead and use her.

I should really work out who my final team is goign to be... hm.
    Byleth
    Seteth
    Flayn
    Alois
    Catherine
    Shamir
    Hanneman (Reserving right to replace with Dorothea)
    Manuela (reserving right to replace with Linhardt)
    Petra
    Lysithea
    Ingrid
    Ferdinand????

I went my whole Blue Lions playthrough without a single unit that had Warp, and I'm never doing that shit again. My only problem is, who do I enter into the White Heron Cup? I might could still certify Petra, and just have her be a Wyvern Lord who's also decent with swords and will use them when she really needs to dodge...
    How 'bout good ole Manuela? She gets Warp, yes? And also is. THE BEST

Edit: for the dancer: Hmmmmmmmmm, I never actually kept anyone as a dancer permanently. Dorothea seems like the most likely choice, I think she'd be most likely to remian useful if you keep the class.

Didgeridoo on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I made Dorothea into my dancer, and I honestly regretted it. I mean, I still used her as a dancer because dancers are insane, but I really wish I had kept her as a Gremory and made someone else the dance bot. There were several situations that would have been a lot easier if I could meteor and dance on the same turn.

Edit: Hahaha, this Crimson Flower final chapter map looks brutal

I really hope this one turn setup works, I don't want to have to do this legit

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    So the thing about Dorothea as a dancer is that if she gets turned into a dancer, she only gets one Meteor. And I like when she can throw two of those

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed the final CF mission

edited October 2019
    I really enjoyed the final CF mission

Yeah it looks fun, honestly, but I just really want to finish this tonight and don't think I'll have to ability to stay awake unless I can figure out a way to 1 turn it real quick

Edit: 37 HP left on final hp bar...

I think I can do this?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    In this playthrough (Silver Snow) I'm gonna goof around and make Edelgard into.... a flying unit maybe? Hm. Maybe I'll make her a Pegasus Knight.

Petra is already fast enough to double similarly-leveled opponents with an Iron Axe, so, I guess the world has basically ended for them. Between Petra, Ingrid, and Seteth, this run is going to have the skies covered. Maybe I don't even need Ingrid! But I'll go ahead and use her.

Byleth
    Seteth
    Flayn
    Alois
    Catherine
    Shamir
    Petra
    Lysithea
    Ingrid
    Ferdinand????

I went my whole Blue Lions playthrough without a single unit that had Warp, and I'm never doing that shit again. My only problem is, who do I enter into the White Heron Cup? I might could still certify Petra, and just have her be a Wyvern Lord who's also decent with swords and will use them when she really needs to dodge...
    So Dancer is actually a canon option for Dorothea in part 2 - she keeps her unique outfit in the class. This should probably come as no surprise though, given her prior career in theater.

Also she's absolutely the better option between those two. While both of them learn Meteor, Dorothea also learns Agnea's Arrow, the strongest black magic spell. Also she literally has double the spd growth (40 vs 20), even if her MAG growth is only 40. Double Agnea's Arrow mostly handles that. Hanneman actually has really good growth rates. Just... atrocious speed and he's not a tank, so...

Manuela gets Bolting, but with only 35 MAG growth she's going to be sub-par for damage, and that's the only standout on her list for black magic. Linhardt gets a solid list topped with Excalibur (anti-flying nuke). White magic is comparable, but Linhardt's Restore and Physic are probably worth more than Manuela's Silence and Ward. The answer to enemy mages is "Falcon Knight" or "Bow Knight" and laugh. A counterattack gambit can also be funny against ones with long range spells (oops, Petra dodged and now she gets to double you with a silver axe back from 8 squares away).

...Actually Manuela's growths are almost identical to Ingrid's. Give her a weapon.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited October 2019
    I'm 90% sure I could 1 turn this map if my Lysithea had 1 more warp range. As it is I have to rely on critting 2 out 4 attacks with a 32% crit rate, which definitely hasn't happened yet.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Byleth
    Seteth
    Flayn
    Alois
    Catherine
    Shamir
    Petra
    Lysithea
    Ingrid
    Ferdinand????

So Dancer is actually a canon option for Dorothea in part 2 - she keeps her unique outfit in the class. This should probably come as no surprise though, given her prior career in theater.

Also she's absolutely the better option between those two. While both of them learn Meteor, Dorothea also learns Agnea's Arrow, the strongest black magic spell. Also she literally has double the spd growth (40 vs 20), even if her MAG growth is only 40. Double Agnea's Arrow mostly handles that. Hanneman actually has really good growth rates. Just... atrocious speed and he's not a tank, so...

Manuela gets Bolting, but with only 35 MAG growth she's going to be sub-par for damage, and that's the only standout on her list for black magic. Linhardt gets a solid list topped with Excalibur (anti-flying nuke). White magic is comparable, but Linhardt's Restore and Physic are probably worth more than Manuela's Silence and Ward. The answer to enemy mages is "Falcon Knight" or "Bow Knight" and laugh. A counterattack gambit can also be funny against ones with long range spells (oops, Petra dodged and now she gets to double you with a silver axe back from 8 squares away).

...Actually Manuela's growths are almost identical to Ingrid's. Give her a weapon.

Manuela made a terrific HK in my Azure Moon run. Her and her future husband Lorenz were both HKs and it was great having access to two Wards so I could charge normally terrible resist people into the thick of caster bullshit and be super tanky, like Dedue and Felix. They both ended up using lances about as much as spells due to them both having fairly even growths in strength and magic, but I side-jobbed Manuela into Swordmaster and Mortal Savant for some base stats, too. She ended the game at 41 speed, Catherine had 48 and was a Swordmaster literally all game, so Manuela getting 14 levels of growth in a speed penalty class didn't put her that far behind one of the speediest characters in the game! I think the combination of Ward and Silence on her is a bit weird, but it gives you two different angles of attack against powerful enemy magic, which is more versatile than it seems. I think the ideal caster pair with her is probably Lysithea (kind of a no-brainer) or Linhardt, since they both have Warp.

Oh hell yeah, I got it.

(Crimson Flower final chapter spoilers, of course)
    The split unit formation at the start was really annoying, but I finally figured out a way to get Edelgard plus my ground locked Byleth to the boss with warp/dance/stride nonsense (I had use rally magic on Lysithea to get the last bit of range, plus chain warp Byleth to get her far enough over the wall), while also getting rally strength + dex on Edelgard. Plan was to break the armor with Byleth, then Raging Storm spam. As long as 1 of those crit, I should just be able to kill the boss enemy phase with a Brave Axe (because Rhea is full of Hubris and always attacks before her grunts).

And then that completely didn't fucking matter because Edelgard decided to crit 3 Raging Storms in a row and Rhea exploded.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited October 2019
    I'd like to go back and play that last map legit some time, but that was a fun experiment.

Overall, I was really impressed with the maps in the second half of the game. Even though it was mostly just kill the commander as objectives there were lots of side goals to take into consideration, and reinforcements forced you to quickly react without feeling completely unfair. Not quite as interesting (and definitely not as challenging) as Fates Conquest, but still very fun to play. The fact that you get this gameplay with an actually engaging story and good characters is also a huge plus. Looking forward to a second play through on maddening, or maybe another hard playthrough with more varied classes. By the end of the game I was basically 4 OP flying units, Byleth as an 8 mov assassin dodge tank (I gave her the boots), and then a bunch of random support units.

Main team member thoughts, spoiled for length
    Edelgard was, of course, completely busted. I decided pretty early to rush Wyvern Lord and it was 100% worth it even though I missed out on early mastery skills cause her personal skill gives her dumb exp gain. She was able to do literally anything I needed, and could reliably be dumped in the middle of 4-5 enemies by herself with a Hand Axe+ and be completely fine. Mid game she had enough def to take no damage, and by the time silver weapons were more common she could just dodge tank with alert stance.

Petra, Caspar, and Ingrid were my other 3 fliers and all played the same role: using their stupid mobility to bust up groups of annoying units. Petra was a mini Edelgard, not quite as good enemy phase but nearly as effective on offense. Caspar fell behind early, but I put him as an adjunct for a while and he eventually caught up and got Wyvern Rider and Lord at about the same time as Petra/El. Ingrid also started out slow, but a few stat items from the garden sustained her till she got to Wyvern Rider. She ended up going Falcon Knight to take more advantage of her relic and all the other random high rank lances I ended up with. At endgame she was the fastest of any of my units by far, and could pretty much delete anything on the map with a forged brave lance or Luin.

My Byleth stayed as an Assassin for most of the game, and for a while felt underwhelming compared to all the high mobile flying axe users I had. Eventually though she started hitting breakpoints where she had enough crit to be a monster and enough avoid to be nearly untouchable, and in any map with forest tiles she became stupid OP. Between her 8 MOV, assassin mobility, and 1-3 range thanks to a forged Levin Sword, she became my go to "this thing needs to die right now" unit for protecting allies who might be in trouble, which felt appropriate for the professor.

Bernadetta was a typical mediocre Fire Emblem archer, until suddenly she hit a string of really good level ups and then also unlocked Bow Knight, upon which she became a tactical nuke on a horse. Seriously, who at IS decided to give Bow Knight the +2 bowrange skill, cause it felt busted as hell. At the end of the game Bernie could kill literally anyone she could reach, even armored units, and she could reach a lot. She was my most commonly danced unit in the last couple of maps, killing 2 things each turn and then retreating back to safety while the Wyvern air force mopped everything else up.

Lindhardt, Lysethia, and Dorothea were my support trio. Lindhart was a phsyic bot who occasionally warped someone or stole a kill with Nos. Lysethia was unfortunately mostly used for big warp plays since I didn't have Lorenz's relic and it was hard for her to keep up with my Wyvern squad. She was very, very good at killing anything that did happen to be in her range though, which made for some pretty funny moments when reinforcements would pop up in an odd spot. Dorothea danced, a lot. She also cast meteor some, but dancing Byleth/Bernie/one of my fliers usually ended up being more effective.

The last 1-2 spots (depending on the map) were split between Felix, Ferdinand, and eventually Hubert. Felix stayed on the swordsmaster path the whole game, and unfortunately as a 5 MOV infantry unit just got left behind way too often. He was clutch at helping Lysethia kill reinforcements that spawned behind the group, and was an auto include on any forest map to act as another dodge tank. Ferdinand had mediocre levels early and I kept half assing his skill training, so he ended up being a kind of support calvary unit. Seal speed and Javelins were a nice combo to enable doubles on fast units like Swordsmasters/Heros, and he was reasonably tanky enough to take a few hits in a chokepoint to protect my squishies while the air force did its thing. Hubert got left behind early since I was training Lysethia instead, but he eventually caught back up as an adjunct. He was a pure magic nuke, a "delete this target" button held back by his 4 MOV, but I got him to Dark Knight for chapter 17 and he was super clutch there.

Everyone else mostly rode the bench. Shamir and Sylvain got used a bit mid game but eventually were rotated out, Hanneman was a common adjunct because his supports gave interesting lore, and Alois and Manueala only got deployed if I needed Rally Strength or another Warp, respectively (so ironically just on the final map).

For pairings, I ended up with
    Byleth/Edelgard (I mean, come on, it's basically canon)
    Lindhart/Lysithea (yesssss)
    Caspar/Shamir (wasn't expecting this one, but glad I got it)
    Sylvain/Ingrid (seems happy enough even if Ingrid deserves better, but not a lot of options for her on this route)
    Hubert/Ferdinand (hell yeah)
    Bernadetta/Felix (I love these two together even though I wish Bernie was less of a recluse in the ending, their supports together were really fun though)
    Dorothea/Petra (harold they're lesbians)

Alois, Manuela, Hanneman ended up unpaired. Sorry old people, maybe next time.

I was very happy with all of these; I love these characters and am glad they got some good endings.

Playtime for this route clocked in at 85 hours, which feels high but I play slow and often let the game idle while making dinner or whatever.

Now to do it all over again for Azure Moon!

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I made Ashe my dancer, primarily because he's my lockpicker thanks to his personal skill.

He's not very strong, but he has a pretty good chance to dodge even before dancer's passive while weilding a sword. I mostly just have him dance anyway instead of fight.

Once I finally beat GD and start BL I might make Flayn the dancer? Gonna be hard to not use some of my favorites like Hilda, Bern, Petra, Dorothea, and Lysithea at every chance I get though.

Mx. Quill on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'll be using the Dancer certification for the +20 Sword Avo and probably not much else, depending.

...man I'm going to end up making Manuela into a Mortal Savant

dN0T6ur.png
    To prepare for my Blue Lions playthrough I used the auto pick my unit from this handy site. Rules I set for myself were I had to use all the Blue Lion kids, 12 units total, no Cyril or Gilbert (I have a wholely irrational dislike for both of these characters), troll picks allowed but I got to reroll for at least one healer cause come on.

Results were as follows
    F!Byleth Bishop (boring but appropriate)
    Dimitri Great Lord (very boring but appropriate)
    Swordsmaster Flayn (now we're getting spicy)
    Holy Knight Ashe (he'd like this I think)
    Sniper Felix (pft, nothing personal kid)
    Great Knight Seteth (this might be annoying)
    Warlock Sylvain (at least he has the budding talent)
    Dark Knight Annette (will probably carry this run)
    Assassin Mercedes (oh God)
    Mortal Savant Ingrid (who showed Ingrid anime???)
    Wyvern Lord Manuela (this might be good?)
    Wyvern Lord Dedue (training flying is going to suck, but he will probably end up completely op)

I have no idea how some of these will work, but I'm excited to try!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited October 2019
    Wyvern lord manuela will be good. Give that lady a big bolt axe.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, I'm looking over growth rates and trying to plan things out now; Manuela should end up fine. Mortal Savant Ingrid should also work, just not sure what classes to take her down first. Everything what is pretty straightforward, though getting Assassin Mercedes could be a pain. I'm pretty excited for Swordsmaster Flayn with a Levin sword though, that sounds fun.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Mortal Savant Ingrid would likely need either Fiendish Blow or Death Blow to be functional, since her Mag and Str growths are both less than ideal. Likely Swordmaster from 20-30 is the best bet though.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Flayn has Rescue and Fortify though. Anything that doesn't let her use her excellent white magic seems like a mistake.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Mortal Savant Ingrid would likely need either Fiendish Blow or Death Blow to be functional, since her Mag and Str growths are both less than ideal. Likely Swordmaster from 20-30 is the best bet though.

Might as well get darting blow too

Wait does darting stack with fiendish/death?

edited October 2019
    Flayn has Rescue and Fortify though. Anything that doesn't let her use her excellent white magic seems like a mistake.

Well yeah, but I'm at the mercy of the machine here. Such are the whims of a PMU run.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    @Wyborn
    As I said before use Manuela only really for utility... don't use Hanneman. He;s really, really slow and he doesn't have enough magic to justify it.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Mortal Savant Ingrid is so damn funny to me.

"If I can't be a Hero then I'm going to study the blade."

Choose which of these swords I shall keep sheathed on my back while I eviscerate you with the other three.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Going to do a team of olds

Byleth Brawler, giving everyone hugs
    Alois DK as he mixes in some dark humor to his repertoire
    Manuela WL, I like the bolt axe suggestion
    Hanneman Sniper, keen intellect and a keen aim
    Shaymir mercenary for role playing
    Catherine HK, shame she cant be a WM
    Gilbert looks like a holy man so Bishop
    Seteth Assassin, killing for the church
    Flayn MS to go with her anime hair
    Mercedes Dancer

No Cyril too young

Mortal Savant Ingrid is so damn funny to me.

"If I can't be a Hero then I'm going to study the blade."

I was

incredibly

excited when I saw I had rolled Mortal Savant Ingrid.

She's gonna be the best Naruto ever

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited October 2019
    Gundi wrote: »
    Wyborn
    As I said before use Manuela only really for utility... don't use Hanneman. He;s really, really slow and he doesn't have enough magic to justify it.

Look, I'd love to take your advice, but I've got to at least give it a go.
    It's Silver Snow! I'm using all the church people I can

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    He's as slow as like Dedue!

and he's not got all the good things like dedue. but yeah use him before you start playing maddening because then he will be benched forever.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    After thinking about it a bit, I think I'm going to spare myself some grief and not try to go for any oddball choices in my training this Blue Lion run (like trying to find time for Dedue to make Paladin so he can have Aegis to cover his magic weakness), sticking strictly to the characters' strengths.

With one exception.

Sylvain is going to be my dancer, and I'm going to train him in Swords, Reason, and Flying (to an extent). Making his final Ability set Sword Prowess, Reason, Sword Avoid +20, Black Magic Avoid +20, and Watchful Stance, as a Mortal Savant. Dude is gonna do some ninja shit whether he's got a sword or a tome in hand.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    edited October 2019
    ...hey when did this game come out

How long have I gone not really playing any other games

Also, this game has too much good fanart

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    ok so I gotta question about endings, golden deer limited right now
    so I had everyone's supports maxed out between each other, had only recruited Catherine, and married Leonie. Not even cause I liked her but more if she's gonna be hanging around Byleth anyway you might as well? I dunno, no matter.

Anyway, are the endings I got basically what was going to happen? Cause even tho there were a lot of basically proposals being slung around in the support scenes, no one really ended up together? Hilda and Marianne started a business, Claude and Lorenz were kingly allies, Rafael's sister married Ignatz, Lysithea disappears from history, Catherine wandered around heroing. Just seems weird to me that they'd have scenes but no like, rng follow up. Unless that is the rng and I just got some bad ones.

ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited October 2019
    ...hey when did this game come out

How long have I gone not really playing any other games

Also, this game has too much good fanart

(also like 2 and a half months)

Mx. Quill on
    Mysst wrote: »
    so I had everyone's supports maxed out between each other, had only recruited Catherine, and married Leonie. Not even cause I liked her but more if she's gonna be hanging around Byleth anyway you might as well? I dunno, no matter.

Anyway, are the endings I got basically what was going to happen? Cause even tho there were a lot of basically proposals being slung around in the support scenes, no one really ended up together? Hilda and Marianne started a business, Claude and Lorenz were kingly allies, Rafael's sister married Ignatz, Lysithea disappears from history, Catherine wandered around heroing. Just seems weird to me that they'd have scenes but no like, rng follow up. Unless that is the rng and I just got some bad ones.

The way paired endings work
    is that they will always be the same on a particular route, but could have some differences if you paired those two characters together on another route. Like, the Sylvain/Felix ending on the Blue Lions route will always be the same, but if you go Black Eagles and pair those two together the ending is different (but still stays the same each time you pair them up on that route). Some paired endings are explicitly romantic, some are purely platonic, some have implications.

As for who actually pairs with who, well, it's complicated. Any two characters who have an A support together have the potential to get a paired ending, but there are hidden support points that build between units even after you max support levels between characters so it can be hard to tell who will end up with who. Generally, the game will try to pair someone up with whoever is at the top of their closest allies section on the notes part of their status screen, but there is also some weird priority system that no one fully understands yet.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

The way paired endings work
    is that they will always be the same on a particular route, but could have some differences if you paired those two characters together on another route. Like, the Sylvain/Felix ending on the Blue Lions route will always be the same, but if you go Black Eagles and pair those two together the ending is different (but still stays the same each time you pair them up on that route). Some paired endings are explicitly romantic, some are purely platonic, some have implications.

As for who actually pairs with who, well, it's complicated. Any two characters who have an A support together have the potential to get a paired ending, but there are hidden support points that build between units even after you max support levels between characters so it can be hard to tell who will end up with who. Generally, the game will try to pair someone up with whoever is at the top of their closest allies section on the notes part of their status screen, but there is also some weird priority system that no one fully understands yet.
    Well fuck you game for making Lysithea just wander out into the cold

ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited October 2019
    I greatly underestimated just how OP getting professor rank A+ on day 1 is in NG+; my entire team is level 5+ and well ahead of schedule on skill levels going into chapter 4. Oh well, at least it will make going for some of these builds easier.

Assassin Mercedes is actually coming along pretty nicely. She got some good level ups early and is currently sitting at a level 6 Myrmidon with 8 Str and 12 Spd, which is enough to finish off weakened enemies after Dimitri or Dedue smack them once. Can also double axe users, which is nice. Plan is to go Thief > Assassin to maximize her speed growth, and once she gets a Levin Sword/Magic Bow she can actually threaten people. Might go back and get Fiendish Blow on her as well if I have the time.

Ashe, on the other hand, might end up really boring. The plan at first was to have him go Fighter/Brigand/Paladin/Holy Knight, but then I realized that if I do that I won't have anyone who can use physic until level 30 (since Byleth doesn't learn it and Mercedes has embraced the way of the blade). So, sorry Ashe, you're gonna have to go Monk > Priest > Bishop > Holy Knight instead, and spend your first 30 levels being a glorified physic bot who trains lances and riding on the side. You'll get your cool horse eventually though.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    My Annette is an assassin right now and she looks so fucking goofy in that outfit I can’t deal

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Byleth
    Seteth
    Flayn
    Alois
    Catherine
    Shamir
    Petra
    Lysithea
    Ingrid
    Ferdinand????

I considered doing a ""canon"" run where everybody gets a class where they keep their outfit, but then I realised...
    This would trap Ingrid in either Cavalier or Pegasus Knight. And I'm not about to put her in an Intermediate class the entire game.

Of course, I could just drop Ingrid from the roster. She's not an amazing unit. But I wonder if there are any other characters out there who'd get stuck in Intermediate if they got Classed according to their outfits.

Does Ingrid not get to keep her outfit as a Falcon Knight?

She’s an awesome unit as a Pegasus Knight already.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Does Ingrid not get to keep her outfit as a Falcon Knight?

You'd think so, but no. She doesn't.

I clicked up a "random run" with all the boxes clicked and ended up with some gems:
    Fortress Knight Mercedes
    Mortal Savant Marianne
    Assassin Hilda
    Holy Knight Leonie
    War Master Linhardt (this one is going to take a lot of early Arcane Crystals)
    Bow Knight Alois (can't even get him for a million years)
    Wyvern Lord Byleth
    Barbarossa Claude
    Falcon Knight Manuela
    Hero Seteth (this should actually be the all-star of the run)

I'm just running with 7 people until I can recruit the faculty, because I'm on NG++++ and have 3 Gloucester Knights and some really good A battalions and A authority on everyone and they're immune to everything probably 'til about level 22-25.

Other early Blue Lions thoughts:

Annette and Dedue are adorable and must be protected at all costs

Ingrid oh nooooo, why are you so racist? That was even rougher than I thought it would be

I had forgotten how much of a prickly asshole early game Felix is

Dimitri already sounds super depressed, I wasn't really expecting that to come up till later

Mercedes and Ashe exist.

I miss my Black Eagles dumbasses, the second half of this route is going to huuuuuurt

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    "You are all as ridiculous as always," says Edelgard to the rest of the Black Eagles after the game's second mission, summarizing what everyone loves about that house

dN0T6ur.png