As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    :rotate:

You love to see it

:so_raven:
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Holy cow this Caps game!

Ed: And a wet fart of an overtime.

Elvenshae on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

The penguins won 7-1 against a team with no NHL goalie last game

Now we'll see how they do against a team with no NHL defensemen

Are these all AHL players from their feeder team?

I have no idea who those guys for the Jets are. They have a combined ~300 games of experience. One of their main defenders is refusing to appear and/or planning to retire. One has taken some personal time for the birth of his kid. I think I saw something about an injury on Twitter.

The penguins only playing with 9 forwards to keep it even (after two more injuries. Add hornqvist and Zach Aston Reese to the previous Rust, Malkin, and bjugstad.)

I'm guessing this is a bigger deal in hockey with so many games in a season?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Corvus wrote: »

The penguins won 7-1 against a team with no NHL goalie last game

Now we'll see how they do against a team with no NHL defensemen

Are these all AHL players from their feeder team?

I have no idea who those guys for the Jets are. They have a combined ~300 games of experience. One of their main defenders is refusing to appear and/or planning to retire. One has taken some personal time for the birth of his kid. I think I saw something about an injury on Twitter.

The penguins only playing with 9 forwards to keep it even (after two more injuries. Add hornqvist and Zach Aston Reese to the previous Rust, Malkin, and bjugstad.)

I'm guessing this is a bigger deal in hockey with so many games in a season?

300 games is the equivalent of having three d-men who have played one full season.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    yeah if you divide it evenly that works out to 50 games per player, which is less than one full season.

so basically playing 6 rookies on defense.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don’t understand the question?

A British minor hockey team signed a player

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Yes, an old one whose primary experience is in another sport, but it’s not like the talent pool is super deep over there (though it’s definitely improving, they’re playing in the big group internationally now and the first ever British born and trained player to be drafted by an NHL team is playing major junior hockey in Canada now)

UnbrokenEva on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    does he wear his little black padded helmet under his goalie helmet?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Man, there's something so atmospheric about the photos of old hockey games.

Tweet also forgets that he was team president as well. In fact, he was President, GM, and Coach all at the same time.

Jesus, it's 8-2 Canucks and the Kings haven't pulled Quick.

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Quick asked to stay in or something?
    Otherwise he should have been pulled a while before the game ended.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was surprised when he didn’t come out after six, and stunned when he was still in after seven - there were still almost nine minutes left at that point and it was looking like the Canucks might hit double digits. I hope he asked to stay in, because otherwise yikes

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    In case anyone wants to feel old, Gretzky made his NHL debut 40 years ago today.

They played the night before, with Jack Campbell in net. Maybe he couldn't go for some reason.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Guys...

Edmonton is tied for first in the league...

2019-10-10_20-05-17.jpg

I'm just going to breathe this in for the brief moment it lasts.
    Motherfuckin' real deal James Neal!!!

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I still wish tanev contract wasn't a hundred years, or whatever.

But in his four games as a penguin, I think he probably has the most zone entries with possession on the team? And he's drawn a dozen penalties already.

Still no finish, but that should've been well known when the signed the career 24 goals in 200 games guy.

(Also why he shouldn't have gotten the term or value the penguins game him)

Seriously, I'm on that band wagon. I'm in the midst of trying to find employment, and I decided that my celebration when I get a job will be a new Oilers jersey. Gotta retire my 26-year-old CCM away sweater.

Gonna get a crested jersey with Neal on the back. Everyone else has got a McDavid one, so lets do something different.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    The top 3 are Edmonton, Carolina, and Buffalo. This is the end times.

• InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    @Decius

As a Flames fan, it is my obligation to remind you that there is still a chance to go 4 - 78. These are the Oilers, just remember that

It's still very early. The oilers started 10-1-1 one of the years they ended up with the first overall pick. Small sample sizes, etc.

That being said, the OIlers have looked good, and their powerplay is pretty unstoppable. 5 power play goals in 4 games.

also, the Oilers/Devils overtime last night went the full 5 minutes without a whistle and it was breathtaking. both teams almost scored about 17 times in 5 minutes. Taylor Hall had 3 breakaways himself. It was the most entertaining 3 on 3 I've ever seen.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    It's still very early. The oilers started 10-1-1 one of the years they ended up with the first overall pick. Small sample sizes, etc.

That being said, the OIlers have looked good, and their powerplay is pretty unstoppable. 5 power play goals in 4 games.

also, the Oilers/Devils overtime last night went the full 5 minutes without a whistle and it was breathtaking. both teams almost scored about 17 times in 5 minutes. Taylor Hall had 3 breakaways himself. It was the most entertaining 3 on 3 I've ever seen.

They then had a series of 6 breakaways after this which is widely viewed as a bad thing....

Invectivus wrote: »
    @Decius

As a Flames fan, it is my obligation to remind you that there is still a chance to go 4 - 78. These are the Oilers, just remember that

Guys, I'm a long time Oilers fan. I know what I'm up against here.

With that being said, I did enjoy that singular point where James Neal had more goals than the Calgary Flames :lol:

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    He already has as many goals as he did last year, and more than Lucic did last year.

But hey Lucic got into a fight so Calgary media is calling it an even trade.

Seriously I watched a Flames analyst hit on the pregame show and he was legit "look these teams made this trade with different goals in mind and sure the flames would like Lucic to score some more but he got into that fight and fills a bottom six role so the trade is going to work for both teams" and I as almost falling off my couch laughing.

It just seems like a weird universe we find ourselves in, in which (a) we actually won a trade, and (b) it was against that other city.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    I mean, both players are signed for way too much money for way too far into their 30s so I hesitate to call anyone a winner here

The Oilers are definitely the least losers in the situation.

edited October 2019
    5-0 Carolina hurricanes

Best start in team/franchise (Hartford whalers) history

Also, the small guy that scored a million goals in minor hockey that I wanted to drop, but was drafted by Montreal, Cole caufield, had his first NCAA hockey game today with Wisconsin Badgers.

Scored two more goals.

Burtletoy on
    When I opened the game it was the Minnesota feed at first. They shows the goalies stats so far this season and the wild announcers said something along the lines of 'dubnyk has been good enough to give this team a chance to win' WHILE YOU CAN SEE HIS .882 SAVE% ON THE SCREEN!

And now his save percentage is even lower after being pulled in the second period.

A thread about how the NHL is (intentionally? Accidentally?) messing up public tracking data this season

Hrm. I guess the OIlers won't actually go 82-0 this year. Time to tank!

• InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    The dream of 5 - 77 is still alive baby! :P

What was that sound guys? I could barely make it out. It's hard to hear the comments coming from all the way down in 20th place :lol:

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    It's crazy to me that Sidney Crosby is the best hockey player in the world.

And also that McDavid guy is like a hundred times better.

edited October 2019
    The Oilers power play went 2/2 last night and is now up to 45.5%. This is very sustainable.

Also, McDavid really likes playing the flyers. he had 5 points last night, and has 17 points in 9 career games against the Flyers.

wunderbar on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    The wheels have to fall off this Oilers run, right?

This was the first game I have gotten to see them play this season, and they just look so good. McDavid and Draisaitl are just next level.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    The Oilers power play went 2/2 last night and is now up to 45.5%. This is very sustainable.

Also, McDavid really likes playing the flyers. he had 5 points last night, and has 17 points in 9 career games against the Flyers.

I'll try to pull the tweet and post it here later, but the replay on one of McDavid's goals is just nuts. He basically outraces the entire Flyers team the length of the ice for the score. And most of them had a generous head start.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    The one last night where he outraced and held off the defender, one handed, then just calmly slotted it past the goalie was awesome. I rewatched that one a few times.

That was ridiculous to watch, and I'm an Oilers fan. It's more crazy to watch McDavid do his thing in person.

With that being said, my favourite from last night was the feed to Manning.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/mannings-one-time-snipe/t-277443712/c-69713503

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    It didn’t thrill me when McDavid scored on my Canucks during the season opener, but what a goal it was.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
This discussion has been closed.