As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it's still in the lower 90s here

please kill me

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    no

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Blankets are useless

I need only a single flat sheet

If it is too cold to sleep without something heavier something has went very wrong.

But then, I am like a miniature nuclear power plant when I sleep.

I can and have legit slept in a like... ~40 some degree room with just an old tattered flat sheet before. Was actually pretty comfy.

I sleep with the window cracked open and fan on all through winter.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    The "feels like" for atlanta is supposed to be over 100 today. Why god. We were good. We didn't live in phoenix, why must you punish us?

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile here in SC it is actually chilly enough for coat weather tonight. Down into the low 60's after it set two consecutive record highs Wednesday and Thursday. Shit be crazy.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Also in the article, SoCal Edison is also considering cutting power to about 106,000 people in SoCal beginning Wednesday since we're going to be getting a decently strong Santa Ana wind event (70mph gusts in valleys and mountain passes, 55mph in costal areas) and extremely low humidity.

jgeis on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's 43 currently, low tonight of 36. I'm supposed to go camping next weekend.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Bring a coat.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty geared up for a cold & rainy time. My coworkers think I'm nuts for going camping this late in the year. I wanted to go all summer, but I was working OT pretty much the whole season!

• Options
    Depending on where you live make sure to take a bright orange vest. Hunting season has just started, so lots of drunkards with high powered rifles running around.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    it's still in the lower 90s here

please kill me

it's still hot here and I'm still waiting

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Didn't realize the image was gigantic, so I'm tagging it.
    ut25cy9m7l4l.jpg

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    This morning was the first time I've put on a jacket.

It's only 15.

This is going to be awful. My body doesn't handle cold anymore.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Juggernut wrote: »
    This morning was the first time I've put on a jacket.

It's only 15.

This is going to be awful. My body doesn't handle cold anymore.

What! 15 is totally jacket weather! Or, at least, long-sleeved shirt weather.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Denver went from 83F to 19F and snow in 24 hours.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Soon the mammoths will return

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Depending on where you live make sure to take a bright orange vest. Hunting season has just started, so lots of drunkards with high powered rifles running around.

Ive been shot at while hiking. Yes make sure you are very easy to identify as a person and not a deer.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

I told you dogg

I told you winter was coming!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Oh boy, a cold front!

pmMZZ9k.png

Sigh.

sig.gif
  • Options
    A big fire broke out last night on the north end of The Valley here in LA. Currently estimated at north of 4600 acres burned and 0% contained. The Santa Ana winds are going to be at their most intense this morning so expect it to grow.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    A lot of people I know evacuated.

If you're in the LA area, and love animals please foster a dog this weekend from the shelters to help make space for displaced animals.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    God here we go again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    They gave an update on the fire situation in LA. The Saddleridge Fire has burned over 7500 acres (11sq mi, 28.5sq km), containment at 13%. One death from cardiac arrest related to the fire, one minor firefighter injury. The traffic situation is fucked because I5 and highway 210 are totally closed in the area of the fire, and about a half dozen other major roads and freeways are closed in at least one direction. There's basically no way to safely travel through Newhall Pass (connects the San Fernando Valley to Santa Clarita) right now. Air quality in the Valley and areas SW of the fire are apparently fucked, which makes sense. I haven't been outside since lunch, so I'm not sure what it's like on the southern side of LA.

There's also a small, 20 acre fire burning in the El Sereno neighborhood northeast of downtown LA.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ain't no one is getting to or from the Antelope Valley via the 14 for a while.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    Totally normal morning in mid-October.

4iz680e8gcoo.png

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Is this cause we killed the jet stream

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Nah, it's actually being fed by the jet stream, I think. It's just a super strong cold front moving in to places that were previously unseasonably warm.

Washington Post has a longer gif that I can't inline that's goddamn amazing

e: Gif is 20MB, btw.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    well Wednesday night the temp dropped from 72 to 45 to 38 Thursday into Friday it was in the high 30's. Today it went back to the mid 60's tomorrow is the low 70's
    I hate the endless summer

• Options
    Steady 60's with on and off rain in PNW. A usual October.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The weather for my camping trip next weekend is now looking like lows in the 40s, highs in the 50s, scattered thunderstorms/constant rain.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Think we are getting a wee bit of rain here in Oregon this week.

• Options
    edited October 2019

Got woken up by that lil' quake tonight. 3.7M isn't too big but it was a surprisingly sharp jolt, not much shaking but more like the earth just gave one good shove. I'm only about 10 miles from the epicenter, too.

jgeis on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I felt nothing and I'm also real close to it.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Madican wrote: »
    I felt nothing and I'm also real close to it.

It was a quick one to be sure, my ex which lives in the same neighborhood as me didn't feel it either.

Felt a lot different from the other quakes I've felt since moving to LA.

Edit: It was definitely the snap jolt that woke me up, and I heard the apartment creak (or at least something in my room creaking) and then like 2 or 3 seconds of very mild shaking.

jgeis on
  • Options
    There was tornado in north Dallas, TX tonight, looks like a fair amount of damage. Hopefully there'll just be material losses and not any loss of life, haven't seen any reports of fatalities yet.

• Options
    Awesoming being able to track the tornado using traffic snarls, not the actual devastation.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Watching a fire rip straight up a hill into a neighborhood in the Pacific Palisades live on the local news right now. Homes on fire, people trying to put it out with garden hoses with little effect, but big fire department response too.

If they don't get it out soon, a lot of very expensive homes are going to burn to the ground. It's a surprisingly tightly packed neighborhood for the Palisades.

This discussion has been closed.