As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
Post stuff about Lego!
5jdy36hvnvqe.jpg

oh h*ck

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    8 studs wide though. It looks great but it's going to look weird next to everything else.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    It's a neat idea to have enough space for side-by-side driver and passenger. The box art makes the car look good but the overhead shot makes it seem a bit fat.

I do wonder if this is just a one-off or the trend of the whole line moving forward? The new 2x3 wedge plate is cool.

Now if only LEGO would make a new 2x10 wedge plate in different colors. It would make plane and space ship MOCs so much better.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm buying my wife the 8000 piece Lego Millennium Falcon next weekend. Going to hide it in the garage while she is out of town, then surprise her with it on Christmas. Wish me luck on this clandestine plan!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Remember when they first announced lego star wars sets? Remember how we lost our shit?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    They started off with Luke's landspeeder, right?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I thought they started with Episode I stuff, and an X Wing n' TIE from Episode IV?

Oh brilliant
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Brickset tells me it was a mix of Episode I and OT stuff like the Landspeeder and an X-Wing.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have all of that first wave!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I'm buying my wife the 8000 piece Lego Millennium Falcon next weekend. Going to hide it in the garage while she is out of town, then surprise her with it on Christmas. Wish me luck on this clandestine plan!

I did exactly that for our anniversary last year... it ships in a generic brown box. Can confirm she didn’t notice it at all.

Still haven’t finished building it :(

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I should probably order Assembly Square around now to avoid getting angry when it sells out before Christmas and is put on the retired sets list.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I should probably order Assembly Square around now to avoid getting angry when it sells out before Christmas and is put on the retired sets list.

That's why I ordered it over the summer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Remember when they first announced lego star wars sets? Remember how we lost our shit?

Yep! I still have the first gen Naboo fighter and the brown droid fighter. They look so awkward sitting next to any modern Star Wars set.

oh h*ck
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Bogart wrote: »

That's why I ordered it over the summer.

Yeah once you get into modulars you can't get out.

I have everything from Pet Shop forward (minus Town Hall) and it's basically a $200/year tax at this point.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I have all the first wave of Star Wars sets as well (or, at least the pieces from them). It's really impressive how far the set design has come since then.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    On one hand, I don’t really need to spend $75 on Lego right now.

On the other hand, I find that micro Endor set super appealing.

Guess I’ve got 23 hours or so to sort out those priorities. Maybe assess a possible Christmas present or two to help justify it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The original xwing model is so charming in its clunkiness

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Anyone else get their Wrecking Ball set? Got mine in yesterday. My girlfriend usually ignores my Lego stuff, but the hamster got her attention.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I got mine, it’s in the queue of builds for now.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Anyone else get their Wrecking Ball set? Got mine in yesterday. My girlfriend usually ignores my Lego stuff, but the hamster got her attention.

I'll grab one the next time I go to the Lego store. I don't play Overwatch but the set looks super cool.

steam_sig.png
    20 bucks is less than I expected

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    $16 at Walmart! And yeh I got it, day one. Junkertown too. Whole Overwatch line has been instabuys for me, apart from Watchpoint Gibraltar. Still waiting on a price drop for that.

Anyone know how well the Overwatch theme has been selling? I'd very much like a bunch more waves! At the least I want minifigs for Lucio and Sombra.

Oh brilliant
    Found the new Y-Wing at walmart sitting on the top shelf. 20% off. Nothing else was stocked. Kinda annoyed as I wanted to grab both the new Overwatch sets.

oh h*ck
    I've been watching reviews of the new Star Wars sets and I might be all in right now. I haven't bought many SW sets for a while and seeing comparisons between these and previous sets they look really good. The Falcon seems like the best non $800 Falcon they've ever done and I really like the new Y-Wing when compared to the older ones. It looks sleeker. Also it is $55 on Amazon right now so I'll have it tomorrow. I'm always a sucker for A-Wings, and at that point I might as well buy the skiff thing too.

Basically I'm only uninterested in Ren's Shuttle mainly because it is large. It looks cool but not that cool for the price.

I've been watching reviews of the new Star Wars sets and I might be all in right now. I haven't bought many SW sets for a while and seeing comparisons between these and previous sets they look really good. The Falcon seems like the best non $800 Falcon they've ever done and I really like the new Y-Wing when compared to the older ones. It looks sleeker. Also it is $55 on Amazon right now so I'll have it tomorrow. I'm always a sucker for A-Wings, and at that point I might as well buy the skiff thing too.

Basically I'm only uninterested in Ren's Shuttle mainly because it is large. It looks cool but not that cool for the price.

I very much enjoy the new Y-Wing. It is slightly longer and the same width as the last model but it does look sleeker and more graceful. The cockpit/nose area is thinner but the lines and curves are well done. It is not a $70 set but absolutely a great $56 set.

oh h*ck
    The new Ren's shuttle looks exaaaactly like my own custom build one from last year. I'm pretty psyched about it, cause it's like I beat Lego to the punch. Mine got clicky fixed wing positions though, using those technic round axle things, I believe the official set has some rotation solution for it?

Oh brilliant
    I picked up the new A-Wing today at Target since no Targets in the state have the Overwatch Hamster ball thing for some reason. It has a minifig of Carrie Fisher's daughter!

Update: This is a good A-Wing. I’m a sucker for retracting landing gear on Lego sets.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think I want to pick up the new version of Kylo Ren's shuttle. They got it looking right, including tilting effects! Jang had a pretty good overview of it.

Sadly, the $25 off coupon in this weeks' Target ad specifically excludes Lego. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I love A-wings and have the last one they made, but I'm still tempted to pick it up.

It is my birthday in like 9 nine days, I might do it. Although I'm probably going to be at the Disney Springs Lego store around then.

Magell on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh I missed the last thread getting locked.

Hello new thread!

Given that they've already done Simpson's sets, this doesn't seem like it would be too far off from a licensing deal. I would change up the cockpit window design a little bit, but other than that it's a really nice model!

Brolo on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Hello new thread!

Given that they've already done Simpson's sets, this doesn't seem like it would be too far off from a licensing deal. I would change up the cockpit window design a little bit, but other than that it's a really nice model!

I would love this set, but didn't they announce that they wouldn't be doing any more licensed ideas set like 6 months ago?

Hello new thread!

I would love this set, but didn't they announce that they wouldn't be doing any more licensed ideas set like 6 months ago?

The ruling is actually that they won't do sets based on licenses that already exist:
    LEGO Ideas will no longer accept new submissions based on third-party licenses that are active in the LEGO Group’s portfolio. Today we’ve updated our Guidelines and House Rules to clarify the types of models we will accept as LEGO® Ideas projects.

The main focus of this update is that we will no longer allow projects that are based on currently active licenses in our product portfolio, like Star Wars, MARVEL Super Heroes, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, and so on.

So Futurama is probably okay, since they're not currently making sets based on it.

But they're probably not going to accept my Star Wars Sexy Jar-Jar's Pleasure Palace set idea, because they're cowards and want to hoard all the good ideas for themselves.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

Hello new thread!

The ruling is actually that they won't do sets based on licenses that already exist:
    LEGO Ideas will no longer accept new submissions based on third-party licenses that are active in the LEGO Group’s portfolio. Today we’ve updated our Guidelines and House Rules to clarify the types of models we will accept as LEGO® Ideas projects.

The main focus of this update is that we will no longer allow projects that are based on currently active licenses in our product portfolio, like Star Wars, MARVEL Super Heroes, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, and so on.

So Futurama is probably okay, since they're not currently making sets based on it.

But they're probably not going to accept my Star Wars Sexy Jar-Jar's Pleasure Palace set idea, because they're cowards and want to hoard all the good ideas for themselves.

"Probably", huh?
    tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I picked up Kylo Ren's shuttle (the Upsilon) as my first Lego Star Wars build in a long time.

I was shocked to find out it didn't have a brick separator! I was so used to getting those in every set over a certain price threshold, and this set definitely qualified.

Naturally, NATURALLY I misplaced a brick deep in the plates of a wing, and needed said separator -- and thus had to go fish one of the dozens I have out.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

The eventual Modular Museum better be huge!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    Does that boat in the OP actually float? It looks like it should float.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Does that boat in the OP actually float? It looks like it should float.

It looks like it's got one the old Lego one piece hulls, so it should float.
    Probably pretty top heavy though.

This discussion has been closed.