As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    yesssss

one of my fav monsters and armor sets :hydra:
    i picked a good time to jump in

J3qcnBP.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So any hint at the monster after rajang?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    yesssss

one of my fav monsters and armor sets :hydra:
    i picked a good time to jump in
    the greatsword is like a big spiked club

looks cool as hell

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    its an oni club!!!

J3qcnBP.png
    looking forward to my bone switch axe with orange fur taped on

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    That rajang club for the GS is awesome.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    now that they're tweaking guiding lands a little bit i feel like my only complaint about endgame atm is the lack of investigations for rare monsters

i just beat nergie boy last night and got excited to start making his shit before i noticed there ain't no optional for him

this shit suuuucks

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I've already wiped twice and I haven't even seen Rajang.

I fucking hate Kirin.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    For Coral Pukei's crazy water blast, you can clutch claw onto its head or wings and completely evade the stupid spray.

I think Coral is a good variant, as well as Tobi (As long as you carry poison resist). Sleepy Paolumu is the same boring fight but even worse.

Fulgur Anjanath is an absolute joy, Acidic Glav is very similar to regular Glav. Ebony Odo is also pretty much the same.

Nah, the spiral is lame but dealable, I mean the one where he jumps into the air and does a frontal laser. The spiral has lots of windup, I figured that one out. The jump thing though... :/ Sometimes he just goes "boing! splat."

fuck
    this
    monkey

gear:
    armor has resentment, handicraft, weakness exploit, a little bit of attack boost and speed sharpening. set bonus is minds eye at 2 and protective polish at 4. waist and headpiece are awesome everything else is probably a C.

weapons have top raw damage, -15% affinity. need to run handicraft for white.

that said, they all have upgrades i can't see, so they'll presumably blow past everything else in raw and maybe have slightly better sharpness? might be in the upper tier of weapons depending on how the math cranks out on the rarity 12s

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Elendil wrote: »
    fuck
    this
    monkey

Yup, that's Rajang for ya.

Should I mention it has (in previous games anyways) a variant that's basically just "and now it starts super saiyan"? Sort of a Savage Deviljho type deal.

Edit: Honestly though Blagonga would be worse in MHW. That thing has tremors for days. While ALSO leaping all over the damn place, chucking snowballs (yay iceblight, yay snow covered), and it brings friends to be annoying.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    I thought it was a fun fight. I've had way more trouble against Kirin and Black Diablos.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Never have I associated with the meme where squidward watches spongebob and Patrick having fun through the blinds so much, as a pc player.

rarity 12 rajang gunlance

is wide 6

it's back, baby

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Never have I associated with the meme where squidward watches spongebob and Patrick having fun through the blinds so much, as a pc player.

I would agree with you but Rajang PTSD.

steam_sig.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    fuck
    this
    monkey

Yup, that's Rajang for ya.

Should I mention it has (in previous games anyways) a variant that's basically just "and now it starts super saiyan"? Sort of a Savage Deviljho type deal.

Edit: Honestly though Blagonga would be worse in MHW. That thing has tremors for days. While ALSO leaping all over the damn place, chucking snowballs (yay iceblight, yay snow covered), and it brings friends to be annoying.

Are paintballs a thing in World? Because Blango can also wipe that off.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Nah, MHW uses scoutflies which have their own issues, but usually auto-track to the monster.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Kirin is a far more unpleasanr experience than Rajang.

Speaking of whom:

edit: Rajang isn't havng any of DJ's shit, either.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    The super saiyan horn sounds p metal, but has a generic "use this for Kushala" songlist.

I wasn't really in my game last night, still attempted one fight against Rajang. What an insane fight, actually looking forward to attempting it again.

Unlocked my MR thinking I would maybe get an additional defense upgrade level for my gear but no luck. It did make two Lunastras one after the other in my GL, and I promptly beat them, once solo with no faints, and the 2nd time with some people but I fainted 3 times, twice to the supernova and one other because of flinch free. That skill is sometimes a real curse.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Alright tonight I should be able to get coral to level 6 for Silver Rath, get MR 100, and finally unlock a ton of stuff I need for upgrades.

Does Furious Rajang actually drop anything of note crafting wise? Since I can already make everything for the armor. Maybe the weapons need a mat from it I guess.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    That CRONCH sound he makes when attacking Kirin sounds incredibly uncomfortable.

Well, it would if I didn't hate Kirin with the passion of a thousand suns.

y'all are crazy

rajang kicked my ass, carted me twice and took 30 goddamn minutes whereas i took out kirin in like ten minutes

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Huh!

That turf war between Rajang vs Jho seems to be the same as Nergigante vs Jho
    Get slammed and lifted and then punching Jho's face almost clean off seems to be the real apex predator move

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    gold rathian spawning in the same map as lunastra is basically torture

I mean, I did kill Kirin really quickly once I put on my "Kill Kirin set", it still irks me I have to rely on full thunder, stun and paralysis resistances to get him. Too many instances of him hitting me, then spawning lightning right where I'll be with no option to dodge out of it.

I mean, I did kill Kirin really quickly once I put on my "Kill Kirin set", it still irks me I have to rely on full thunder, stun and paralysis resistances to get him. Too many instances of him hitting me, then spawning lightning right where I'll be with no option to dodge out of it.
    i usually just run stun 3, pick a set that has at least 5 thunder res, eat for element. maybe throw on thunderproof mantle. i don't think it requires any more prep than teo or lunastra. para resistance feels like overkill.

i've started making some sets with free charm slots so i can just toss in an anti-whatever-bullshit charm in there

throw some thunder res if i'm running kirin, fire for teo, blast for brachy, windproof for luna, etc

it feels nice that it's an option now

right now i have a hammer set that gives me crit eye 7, attack 4, crit boost 3, agitator 3, wex 3, health 3, stun 3, and recovery up 3

right now i have a hammer set that gives me crit eye 7, attack 4, crit boost 3, agitator 3, wex 3, health 3, stun 3, and recovery up 3

pls gib

edited October 2019

pls gib
    i dont have a screenshot on hand but iirc it's

nerg hammer
    gold rath helm
    deviljho chest
    vaal gloves
    rajang waist (i have alpha atm but beta will be better for nerg)
    garuga legs
    attack 4 charm

only decos that might be uncommon are challenger/vitality and challenger/medicine and steadfast 2
    slot remainder as needed

you can swap the charm for handicraft on another hammer and drop a challenger for NEB to run shara

Elendil on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    oh

oh no

https://youtu.be/IcLCSSHc1Z4

what have they done

what have they wrought

I've said this before elsewhere, but i think tackle is one of the single best pieces of game design i've seen in well, anything. I never liked the greatsword in previous titles - It's gameplay flow was NOT fun for me. But with tackle in this it's just... Wow. It's so slick, so smooth, and it feels so good when you get it right - the way it ties into everything is just amazing. and it's such a relatively simple change.

Cant wait to give the Iceborne edition a go

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    i got a lot less excited after i scrolled through and realized the tier 1 monsters are almost all fashion disasters

anja, pukei, and girros are aight

hopefully the next round has some more winners

like uh rathalos and diablos

oh no

......triple carted to rajang embarrassingly quickly

Wowzerrrs

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    ......triple carted to rajang embarrassingly quickly

Wowzerrrs

Would you say he swatted you away like a bug?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    There's a pickle event quest? Any notable drops?

Hmmm I want to beat Rajang, but I can't keep up with him as easily as I'd like with my Glaive, and he has a lot of anti-air attacks

I want to take him with a Bow set, but I can't decide what Bow to build and what skills to put together for a good set in this Expansion

Any input? I'm tempted to at the very least get the 3-piece Legiana bonus and build onto that.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    i got a lot less excited after i scrolled through and realized the tier 1 monsters are almost all fashion disasters

anja, pukei, and girros are aight

hopefully the next round has some more winners

like uh rathalos and diablos

oh no

eh, I like the Jagras and Titzi ones too, especially the chests (male versions, anyways)

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531