As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Phalla] draws near! Day 8▶Boing!

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    you counted mama wrong (2)

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    a
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Well I thought all day about this at work and its time to come clean.

IM A SURVIVAL NEUTRAL

Ive been talking with Jpants and Gizzy since the start of the game, and I reached out to Egos in desperation last night. He helped swerve the vote off of me because he believes me.

I got excited about game mechanics and the fact that I knew the source material this game (i had no idea what was going on last game) and I got too involved. But I just want to surve till the end and Jpants helped me with that I would appreciate it if he wasn't punished for it.

Why would Egos do that though? What benefit is it to him that you survive? How do we know you're not a serial killer instead? Survival Neutral means you can win with either the village or the mafia, so how does the village benefit from keeping you in?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah, fixed it.

Unless there's movement, not a whole lot to be done for you. It looks like the four who voted for you aren't around at close, so you'd need 3 people to move.

• Options
    Yeah, fixed it.

Unless there's movement, not a whole lot to be done for you. It looks like the four who voted for you aren't around at close, so you'd need 3 people to move.

plus my own vote so only 2 but yeah, i'm toast

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Annnnnnnd......

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lol

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    close

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm a pretender with Stopspell (which, in the game, is exclusive to the player; no enemies cast it). I can affect someone for two nights off one action. But the cost of targeting the wrong person seems severe and I need someone to bounce ideas off of. Also, if it hits someone without spells, not gonna do anything.

The only player I've told this too was Romantic Undead (who said there was another player claiming the power, and to go ahead and target who I felt like), so if I get killed day four, either they or someone else they told it to is probably responsible. The only player I've targeted so far was ObiFett, just now.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3 is telling the truth

• Options
    game over, 38th?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Letting an outed survivor neutral live when the mafia can lean on them isn't smart, but I also don't know how we can stop it if the King was the vig because wasting a day voting him out just lets the mafia get further ahead.

Guess we'll see if the village gets a kill tonight.

• Options
    game over, 38th?

Just the vote. Just the vote.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Letting an outed survivor neutral live when the mafia can lean on them isn't smart, but I also don't know how we can stop it if the King was the vig because wasting a day voting him out just lets the mafia get further ahead.

Guess we'll see if the village gets a kill tonight.

I'm fairly certain the King wasn't the vig. Nothing in DQ1 would really lend itself to that.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Why would Egos do that though? What benefit is it to him that you survive? How do we know you're not a serial killer instead? Survival Neutral means you can win with either the village or the mafia, so how does the village benefit from keeping you in?
    Egos didnt. Jpants helped me.

The second question is why i didnt come forth earlier.

The village wastes a day voteing me out when they could be finding mafia. Generally a neutrals goal is to side with the village so that the game is over faster as there are less mafia players. Ive been trying to appear village till now but everyone keeps pointing fingers at me for it and im getting frustrated.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    The King might have been the seer, but given the stupid appraisals he gave of dead bodies that seems unlikely.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    A mysterious el skid has reappeared

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Honestly this has nothing to do with the game- I'm getting slammed with urgent stats requests at work :(

• Options
    Day Five: Be wary, triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall.

A man appeared in Tantagel after the King had died. He was brave and fair, and he had knowledge far beyond that of other mortal men. He knew these monsters, he knew the caves, the towns, and the castles. He knew swordplay and sorcery. He offered to share this power with the people, show them things that they could not possibly learn on their own. The people could not abide this man, his learnings, or the friends he brought to the castle. Finally, the people stabbed the wizard over and over and over and over.

The pretenders success did not extend to the fields however. Romantic Undead was found so badly burned as to be almost unrecognizable. Lucedes appeared to have fallen from a bridge and drowned. ObiFett was found slashed haphazardly with a crude weapon. Trace amounts of copper were found in the wounds.

The Dead:
    JPants - Wizard
    Romantic Undead - Pretender
    ObiFett - Pretender
    Lucedes - Pretender

PMs are going out but feel free to play. @ObiFett on notice for inactivity.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Shit, RU!

Well, I'm alive, so I didn't need to publicly disclose after all.

This is fine.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Does this day end on Sunday at 2:59 or tomorrow?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Not sure what the drownings relate too. Obi's death was some villager with a copper sword.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Bedlam

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I stand by my AustinP0027 The last min train on kilnaga and JPants showing up red points a lot to it.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Does this day end on Sunday at 2:59 or tomorrow?

Monday at 2:59

Weekends didn't seem to work as an extended day because as we get older we have stuff that can't be avoided on the weekends. I think having weekends off works best for a lot of people. Or at least for me( and I'm my demographic)! Feel free to get a vote and order in now if you worry you might forget by then. The game isn't closed for the weekend you can still play it just is not required..

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Mysterious el skid and cythraul actually look pretty good now

• Options
    And aura, dang

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    And aura, dang

8-)

Herb plz. Or Heal.

• Options
    OooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOooooooo

**rubs hands together with glee**

Ok, I'm ready to play puff-puff now!

*closes eyes*

Oooh... that feels so niiiice...

*opens eyes*

Wait... what is that? Oh no... OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

OOOooooOOoOOooooOOOOooooOOoooOOOooooo

• Options
    oooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooo

I'm crying in my wizard robe (now suddenly full of holes)

oooOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOooooo

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Bedlam
    Et Tu, Kitty. :(

• Options
    Since the mafia knows all this info - might as well share with everyone:

PM convo with jpants

JPants, 38thDoe

GizzyGizzy October 7
    Howdy! Wanna explore a location with me?
    JPantsJPants October 8
    Hey friend! Sorry for the lack of response. What location did you have in mind? I kind like the "everyone pick one of these 3 to explore" idea.
    GizzyGizzy October 8
    Yeah I agree with that strategy - I’m going to the swamp cave, but if you want to random explore a diff cave that’s cool.

If no one is lying I have 4 people for sure going to swamp plus a couple of maybes and any random folks.
    JPantsJPants October 9
    Any good results from last night? I got turned away from The Grave unfortunately. I think that one is locked.
    GizzyGizzy October 9
    Oh haha I just answered you in thread - I got an item from the grave
    GizzyGizzy October 9
    But Locus had cast a spell on me the night before so maybe that helped.
    JPantsJPants October 9
    I bet that did it! Good to hear at least some folks are making progress. I know it's only 2 days but when all you can do is explore is sucks to not have it do anything worthwhile.
    GizzyGizzy October 10
    Oh wow last night my arms were severed - pretty extreme
    JPantsJPants October 10
    Damn, straight severed! I was put to sleep by a spell so I did nothing for the night, unfortunately.

So can you not use items now then? But you can still explore?
    GizzyGizzy October 10
    Yep

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Also, I think we can dispense w/ the Dragon Mafia theory and conclude that one of the living mafia is the Green Dragon and another might be the Axe Knight guarding Erdrick's Armor in Hauksness.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Also, I think we can dispense w/ the Dragon Mafia theory and conclude that one of the living mafia is the Green Dragon and another might be the Axe Knight guarding Erdrick's Armor in Hauksness.

I think there's probably one more though (4 for a 26 person game seems light). Maybe the shadow/demon knight that uses the skeleton silhouette but appears all shadowy? Would kind of fit with premium's death and [other player I forget]'s comments about some narration they got while exploring.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

I think there's probably one more though (4 for a 26 person game seems light). Maybe the shadow/demon knight that uses the skeleton silhouette but appears all shadowy? Would kind of fit with premium's death and [other player I forget]'s comments about some narration they got while exploring.

I'm not 100% sure on Axe Knight being mafia. Weirdly good candidate for a hostile neutral role; there is still room for the Shadow to be an SK.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Vote Results

Day 1
    MrPaku [5] - Assuran (6), Romantic Undead (17), discrider (22), premium (24), Kime (27)
    premium [3] - AustinP0027 (2), Zombie Hero (3), MrPaku (20)
    Romantic Undead [3] - Kilnaga (18), Phoenix-D (21), Bluecyan (25)
    Auralynx [2] - ObiFett (8), JPants (16)
    H3Knuckles [2] - LostNinja (12), MamaWolf (14)
    Kime [2] - Cythraul (7), H3Knuckles (10)
    ObiFett [1] - discrider (1), Sir Fabulous (26)
    Bedlam [1] - Lucedes (4)
    Bluecyan [1] - Auralynx (23)
    discrider [1] - Egos (15)
    El Skid [1] - Green (28)
    Green [1] - El Skid (11)
    Zombie Hero [1] - Locus (13)
    Kilnaga [1] - Gizzy (19)
    Lucedes [1] - Bedlam (5)
    Sir Fabulous [0] - discrider (9)

Did Not Vote: No one

Day 2
    Sir Fabulous [9] - discrider (1), Locus (4), Gizzy (7), ObiFett (11), Auralynx (12), Egos (13), MamaWolf (14), JPants (22), premium (24), Bedlam (25)
    MamaWolf [6] - AustinP0027 (17), Assuran (18), Zombie Hero (19), discrider (20), Kime (23), Kilnaga (26)
    Green [3] - Cythraul (5), LostNinja (6), El Skid (16)
    Auralynx [2] - H3Knuckles (3), Sir Fabulous (9)
    Gizzy [1] - Romantic Undead (21)
    Bedlam [0] - discrider (10), discrider (15)
    H3Knuckles [0] - Bedlam (2)
    Kime [0] - discrider (8)

Did Not Vote: Lucedes, Green

Day 3
    Kilnaga [5] - premium (20), Egos (21), JPants (22), Bedlam (23), AustinP0027 (24)
    Bedlam [3] - discrider (4), AustinP0027 (6), El Skid (7), Green (8), Egos (10)
    discrider [2] - MamaWolf (2), Bedlam (5), Lucedes (18), Bedlam (19)
    Egos [1] - Assuran (13)
    El Skid [1] - Kilnaga (9)
    Green [1] - discrider (3), Gizzy (11)
    JPants [1] - Romantic Undead (16)
    MamaWolf [1] - discrider (1), JPants (14), Auralynx (15), Bedlam (17)
    AustinP0027 [0] - Romantic Undead (12)

Did Not Vote: ObiFett, Cythraul, H3Knuckles, Kime, LostNinja

Day 4
    JPants [4] - Romantic Undead (2), Lucedes (3), Cythraul (9), El Skid (13)
    Auralynx [2] - Gizzy (8), JPants (11), Bedlam (18)
    AustinP0027 [2] - MamaWolf (14), Green (15)
    El Skid [2] - JPants (17), H3Knuckles (19)
    Lucedes [1] - Egos (5)
    MamaWolf [1] - AustinP0027 (4), AustinP0027 (12), Auralynx (16)
    Bedlam [1] - Assuran (1)
    Egos [1] - kime (6), AustinP0027 (7), AustinP0027 (10)

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
  • Options
    Fixed it. Damn text autocorrect.

• Options
    One in day 1 as well :P

• Options
    :x

• Options
    The Austin / Jpants / Mamawolf vote switch triangle last night smells funny.