As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Nintendo] thread is only for perverts now, apparently

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I wonder if it will do any better.

I played a bit of that first one on 3DS. It was... interesting, but the combat system was bizarre.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    The poop digimon has an exp boost in Cyber Sleuth, so it's pretty common to be power leveling using an entire team of poop
    How are they at, like, actually fighting?

Pretty shitty, I'd guess.

Surprisingly decent, especially since they are usually max level and could have high stats from repeated resets. I'd swap them out for bosses, but they are perfectly serviceable for most everything else.
    I am really touched by your earnestness, which is why I feel like I have to own up to the fact that I was 100% not genuine with my post. I had a very different and very shallow reason for writing that post.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yokai Watch failed to find an audience in the West, by and large, but also it like straight up sold more than Pokemon in Japan

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh yeah by "hard up" i mean more their most recent entries have struggled to make old numbers. when it launched it was doing great!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    At first.

The sequels dropped off a cliff iirc

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The TV show is EXTREMELY weird.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I thiiiink the second one was the peak of the series?

Like the first one garnered a lot of excitement, and the second one is where it really blew the fuck up

The third one "only" did about as well as the first one

• Options
    https://youtu.be/nuZWGnGC0V4

the opening minute of the quick look is personally an all-time classic of "what the fuck is this game" for me tho

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Yokai Watch failed to find an audience in the West, by and large, but also it like straight up sold more than Pokemon in Japan

I think thats true of the first few but that then it burnt out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I think we're all saying the same thing, aren't we?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think we're all saying the same thing, aren't we?
    No, I'm pretty sure that we're all basically on the same page

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Are we sure everyone's aligned on our goals here?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I think we're all picking up what everyone's putting down, is all I'm saying.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    mono---d'oh!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

i've seen exactly one episode and it had a guy that was so miserable he died and got turned into a dog ghost monster which isn't really relevant but was such an affecting horror concept even for a kids' show it stuck with me this long, probably five years later

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

i've seen exactly one episode and it had a guy that was so miserable he died and got turned into a dog ghost monster which isn't really relevant but was such an affecting horror concept even for a kids' show it stuck with me this long, probably five years later

There's an episode of the Muppet show where a machine takes Muppet faces off and gives them the face of the last victim. I saw it when I was like 8

Its still very disturbing to me now

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

There's an episode of the Muppet show where a machine takes Muppet faces off and gives them the face of the last victim. I saw it when I was like 8

Its still very disturbing to me now

man you never knew when the Muppet show was going to fuck you up. although some guests were more obvious than other, the Alice Cooper episode is pretty much child-nightmare fuel the whole way through. even the scenes where he's not present are unsettling, the one that got me was Beaker being enveloped by a large bacteria and the effect they used to make it is still disturbing to me

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This one skit freaked me out for some reason as a kid.
    https://youtu.be/G8EcBQzkPrs

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Just noticed 'Think of the Children' is on sale at the moment for less than 4 Australian Dollarydoos - looks like an Overcooked kinda thing, has anyone played it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Going with the thread title I beat the first Bayonetta game this week. I enjoyed it, overall. Its utter ludicrousness had me grinning and giggling frequently.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I had a Digimon virtual pet back in the late 90s, before the show or the expanded lore was a thing, when Digimon was just a masculine-coded version of Tamagotchi

Watching the show later I couldn't help thinking that they never really topped the designs for that first set. The secret ultra-powerful Digimon being a surly teddy bear that shot hearts? Amazing

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I had a Digimon virtual pet back in the late 90s, before the show or the expanded lore was a thing and Digimon was just a masculine-coded version of Tamagotchi

Watching the show later I couldn't help thinking that they never really topped the designs for that first set. The secret ultra-powerful Digimon being a surly teddy bear that shot hearts? Amazing

Reminds me how one of the strongest original Digimon in the first season of the show was random guy dressed up in a monkey costume with a microphone and sunglasses acting like Elvis

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I had a Digimon virtual pet back in the late 90s, before the show or the expanded lore was a thing and Digimon was just a masculine-coded version of Tamagotchi

Reminds me how one of the strongest original Digimon in the first season of the show was random guy dressed up in a monkey costume with a microphone and sunglasses acting like Elvis

That particular digimon is actually part of a somewhat prominent sidequest in Cyber Sleuth.

• Options
    Hyrule Warriors is a lot of fun but I just failed a mission because I couldn't defeat the boss but it seemed like shooting it in the eye only worked occasionally? Like I recognized that you had to shoot him in the eye when his eye turned blue, but that seemed to happen extremely rarely!

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hyrule Warriors is a lot of fun but I just failed a mission because I couldn't defeat the boss but it seemed like shooting it in the eye only worked occasionally? Like I recognized that you had to shoot him in the eye when his eye turned blue, but that seemed to happen extremely rarely!

It turns blue after he shoots a laser. Gotta keep your distance to bait the laser, then dodge and arrow.

TamerBill on
    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Yeah, I was not dodging nearly as much as I needed to.

On the other hand, at least it keeps your character progress, so it’s not as if I lost everything!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

It's been out a couple weeks now, and one of them has a physical release, and... well, caveats aside an indie topping the charts is always cool to see.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Some of those giant bosses in Hyrule Warriors are super annoying because of how randomly they’ll use their unsafe moves.

Just spit the seeds, Manhandla! I don’t have all day!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Some of those giant bosses in Hyrule Warriors are super annoying because of how randomly they’ll use their unsafe moves.

Just spit the seeds, Manhandla! I don’t have all day!

And every so often they'll move to a new section and you're having to chase them the entire way

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Anyone thinking of getting Overwatch for the Switch? Also, are there Overwatch characters suited to people like me who suck at FPSes generally?

• Options
    frankly every character they launched with that felt designed to provide some playstyles to players that felt intimidated by FPSes has since had their gameplay significantly changed to make them more FPS-y

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Well that sucks. Twitch reflexes have never been my forte.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see what people think of gyro aiming in a more traditional fps

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see what people think of gyro aiming in a more traditional fps

Already worked reasonably well in Splatoon, so...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I would not consider splatoon to be a traditional fps

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I heard at least one person claim it worked reasonably well in doom 2016 but I didn't play it myself

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Moon's English translation has work from Kotaku's Tim Rogers, which to me is a big selling point.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    frankly every character they launched with that felt designed to provide some playstyles to players that felt intimidated by FPSes has since had their gameplay significantly changed to make them more FPS-y

I know there's a lot of truth to this, but I assume Reinhardt is still an exception.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

esports'd

This discussion has been closed.