As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Alcohol] - THE FINAL DRUNKENING

19596979899101»

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Seeing this thread pop up reminded me of something I saw for sale a couple weeks ago, Bombay Sapphire East. It sounded similar to regular Bombay Sapphire (which I like well enough) except with black pepper? I didn't pull the trigger on it, anybody tried it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Its enjoyable. If you like g&t its better with lemon than lime.

Edit: and martini with a twist. Not an olive

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I close on my house tomorrow.

I have decided to buy an exceedingly expensive bottle of booze to celebrate. Any suggestions?

Only stipulations - It has to be something I can actually find/buy (so no pappy) and I'm not a huge fan of very high end tequila, it just doesn't do much for me.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    There is plenty of high end whisky but tastes will vary, if you already got a favorite distillery can't go wrong with a more aged or some limited edition bottle.

Alternatively go to a nice bar that specializes in high end drinks and get spoiled by a good bartender.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

I have decided to buy an exceedingly expensive bottle of booze to celebrate. Any suggestions?

Only stipulations - It has to be something I can actually find/buy (so no pappy) and I'm not a huge fan of very high end tequila, it just doesn't do much for me.

I don't know what your definition of "exceedingly expensive" is, but 18-year Laphroaig tends to run around $120 and tastes like capitalism.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

Congratulations on the closing!

If you like Scotch, Lagavulin 16 is my go-to special occasion bottle. It’s super smokey, fair warning.

Kirk and Sweeney 23 is a great rum, and though expensive for rum, can be cheap when compared to other spirits.

Hudson Maple CasK Rye is another favorite. Not high up on the price point, but it’s real good.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

Glenkinchie signet or balvenie portwood if you like scotch. Whistlepig if you like rye.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    4K posts since I last clicked on this thread.

Hi res drinking.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Finally got myself a cabinet to put in all my booze!

qmf4cc0togrg.png

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I ended up buying a bottle of Yippy Ki-Yay from High West.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Basar wrote: »
    Finally got myself a cabinet to put in all my booze!

qmf4cc0togrg.png

Complete with Cat-on-robo-vac action

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    So I'm at BWW and their out of the 2 beers I want at first. In a panic I offer golden road sunset coffee as it's on special and the pi tire has a nice.golsen look to it. So whatever.

Then I read the description.

If cold leftover coffee is your thing, this beer is all you. Tastes like a cold brew coffee. I however did not like it.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    This year I finally made my own simple syrup, so naturally next step was to complicate things.

Made some black tea-infused syrup, and it was excellent in whiskey.
    1. Boil 1 1/4C water in pot
    2. Add 2TBSP tea (green/light for clear spirits, black for dark. I just dumped loose leaves into the pot, but recipes use bags as well
    3. Remove from heat
    4. Seep for 10mins
    5. Strain leaves/remove bags, ensuring you have 1C of infused liquid, add as needed to pot. I strained into bottle thru cheese cloth, then poured back into pot
    6. i1nzm1ah7evb.jpg
    7. Return strained liquid to med heat
    8. bwfs0ltv5hpq.jpg
    9. Add 1C sugar
    10. Stir gently until sugar dissolves
    11. Let cool, then pour into glass container, refrigerate
    12. Plain syrup can last months, infused probably a month, but maybe longer

I used some smoky lapsang souchong that pairs perfectly with bourbon or other whiskeys. Garnish with lemon slice.
    dche5qoczr6w.jpg

First time just dumped some in the glass, second measured out about 1/2 tsp per 2oz booze, may need slightly more.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Not sure if it's a new thing but first time I recall seeing a bunch of 375ml bottles of spirits in CVS the other day and thought that was such a great idea.

Little half bottles of Jameson, gins, even Glenlivet 12 Year Old. It's a grocery/drug store so not expecting high end stuff but they were so cute and potent.
    qpar3k9taoqt.jpg

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Not sure if there's a new thread - I couldn't find one.

Question - I have a pretty old bottle of port that my parents bought me when I was a kid - bottled in 1988. However, I've seen a bit of evidence of seepage, and the waxed cork seal cracked long ago. If I slosh the bottle around it seems about half full?

Should I write the bottle off as unsalvageable at this point? I don't have a lot of experience with Port.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Not sure if there's a new thread - I couldn't find one.

Question - I have a pretty old bottle of port that my parents bought me when I was a kid - bottled in 1988. However, I've seen a bit of evidence of seepage, and the waxed cork seal cracked long ago. If I slosh the bottle around it seems about half full?

Should I write the bottle off as unsalvageable at this point? I don't have a lot of experience with Port.

You can taste it and see if it’s good it won’t hurt you. And if it’s not good you can cook with it

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    With so much having left the bottle already it would amaze me if the remainder wasn't long spoiled.

• Options
    We went to that Van Gogh thing in Chicago, and my take away was to finally buy some absinthe.

Made a version of Green Fairy.
    b94lnn8hrdgp.jpg

Probably should have used my port glass as that's a little closer to a coup.